Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bowlen: "Some other teams have done similar things, hiring younger coaches".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowlen: "Some other teams have done similar things, hiring younger coaches".

Does anyone else feel extremely uncomfortable with the events that have transpired since McDaniels was hired? Bowlen hired a young inexperienced coach because that was proven where? Pittsburgh? Pittsburgh was a well-oiled machine well before Tomlin arrived. They didn't blow up the coaching staff when he arrived nor did they have to restructure the organization. Tomlin was brought in to provide leadership not revamp the organization. But in the case of McDaniels it's apparent that Bowlen is giving him more lattitude then even Tomlin has. If Bowlen is going to tell Cutler "he is the man" and then entertain a trade offer how is it a surprise that Cutler was upset. If Cutler was "the man" then Bowlen should have told McDaniels to forget about the Cassel trade. Anyone else concerned that the Broncos are giving McDaniels too much responsibility? He's blown up the coaching staff and run off the quarterback. I can't feel good about that in the least.

cutler was one player on a single team full of holes with a coach brought in that needs the QB to be smart, decisive and make good throws (i.e not triple coverage to marshall). cassel filled that role AND would hvae brought picks to help the rest of the team out, because it does take more than one person to win games.

now we have a smart QB who knows when to checkdown (probably cutlers worst tendency, would NOT check down) and a lot of extra picks. this could be a good couple of years
    sig pic removed by mod staff.
    we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

I don't feel uncomfortable at all.
      sigpic

Comment

Dude.....seriously?? Have you read any of the threads flying around here AT ALL?

If, as a Bronco fan, you aren't uncomfortable right now......check your pulse, because you're dead......

Comment

Feelin' Fine!

And here's why:

1. Quaterback play and Running Back play are directly linked to the play of the O-line... We have one of the best lines in the game. Is Orton as gifted as Cutler no... But talent is relative in a team sport. Hell Cutler is a faster runner and has a stronger arm then Brady... That's fact. But Brady is known as one of the best QB's to ever play the game. I wonder how much of that is due to the fact that his O-line (execpt for the SB) kept him on his feet. Think about this... Brady's wonder season of 50tds 8ints and 4,800yards even if Orton is only 1/2 as good as Brady with similar weapons and an O-line that might even be better... But for argument sake we'll say it's only as good. That would give Orton with a season of 25tds 4ints and 2,400yards... I know for sure that would equal at least 8 wins

2. Special Teams have plain sucked the last few years... McDainiels understands the importance of all three aspects... Something Shanny (who I loved) seemed to neglect.

3. Our defense is already improved over last year and that's without our draft...

I'm excited for the season and like the new direction.

Comment

Havnt really posted anything regarding the cutler thing at all since it all went down. Last year was a rollercoaster of a year that ended in the worst possible way. At 8-5 I was already getting ready to fly to denver for the playoff game. I waited to buy the tickets until we went 9-5, and that didn't happen. Once we lost that home game vs the bills at home I knew it was over. A new coach was needed and Im very excited about this upcoming season to see what McDaniels can do for us. I am dissapointed about the cutler thing how it played out but I'm already over that now. Time to see how the draft plays out for us. I have read many articles quoting other players and coaches of how bright, and detail orianted McDaniels is so I'm hoping we see that on the football field this year.

Im sure you got that quote from this article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nfl&id=4069227

This is what Rod had to say. I've always liked hearing his interviews because he always tells it as he sees it.

Smith, who retired last summer after a hip injury ended his career, said he, too, is on board with McDaniels, who spent the last few seasons as New England's offensive coordinator.

"Both of us have the same passion -- that's for the Denver Broncos to be on top," said Smith, who owns virtually every Broncos receiving record and helped the team win back-to-back Super Bowl titles in the late '90s.

So far, Smith's friends inside Dove Valley have been complimentary of McDaniels.

"I'm getting great updates on how he is as a person, how detailed he is," Smith said. "The structure is very important when you're starting a brand new football team. You have to have a structure that's second to none. That's going to last for years."
            Last edited by Etho; 04-15-2009, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
              Dude.....seriously?? Have you read any of the threads flying around here AT ALL?

If, as a Bronco fan, you aren't uncomfortable right now......check your pulse, because you're dead......
              I'm alive and well. I'm ready for the draft! :go:
              sigpic

Comment

I'm nervous about the season too, yet excited at the same time.

With Shanahan it was: "Here we go missing the playoffs again, boy the D looks bad again, Don't throw it Jay, he's double up with a safety over the top!"

And right now, its: "What will we do this year? What the the offense look like? Has the Defense REALLY improved? Can we make a playoff run with our revived team?"

To quote Armageddon: "Great, I got that "excited/scared" feeling. Like 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe it's more - It could be two - it could be 98% scared, 2% excited but that's what makes it so intense, it's so - confused. I can't really figure it out."
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
                  And here's why:

1. Quaterback play and Running Back play are directly linked to the play of the O-line... We have one of the best lines in the game. Is Orton as gifted as Cutler no... But talent is relative in a team sport. Hell Cutler is a faster runner and has a stronger arm then Brady... That's fact. But Brady is known as one of the best QB's to ever play the game. I wonder how much of that is due to the fact that his O-line (execpt for the SB) kept him on his feet. Think about this... Brady's wonder season of 50tds 8ints and 4,800yards even if Orton is only 1/2 as good as Brady with similar weapons and an O-line that might even be better... But for argument sake we'll say it's only as good. That would give Orton with a season of 25tds 4ints and 2,400yards... I know for sure that would equal at least 8 wins

2. Special Teams have plain sucked the last few years... McDainiels understands the importance of all three aspects... Something Shanny (who I loved) seemed to neglect.

3. Our defense is already improved over last year and that's without our draft...

I'm excited for the season and like the new direction.
                  How did we start grading Orton by using Brady's numbers? Orton has yet to have 3,000 yards or 20 tds in a season. Why don't we use his actual numbers rather than dividing Brady's or Manning's or any other top QB's numbers.
                  2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post

Im very comfortable, and alive. Hmm weird.
                    sigpic

Comment

Belichick assistants have a long and proud history of succeeding as head coaches, I'm sure we are in good hands.

Comment

"If Cutler was "the man" then Bowlen should have told McDaniels to forget about the Cassel trade."

McDaniels never sent the trade past Bowlen. It's well documented that it never got that far.

Comment

Originally posted by BRINGBAKPLUMMER View Post
                          Belichick assistants have a long and proud history of succeeding as head coaches, I'm sure we are in good hands.
                          And plummer had a record of failure in AZ before he came to Denver.

So... gee, I guess history doesn't decide how someone will perform in different circumstances, huh? Weird.
                          In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            I'm nervous about the season too, yet excited at the same time.

With Shanahan it was: "Here we go missing the playoffs again, boy the D looks bad again, Don't throw it Jay, he's double up with a safety over the top!"

And right now, its: "What will we do this year? What the the offense look like? Has the Defense REALLY improved? Can we make a playoff run with our revived team?"

To quote Armageddon: "Great, I got that "excited/scared" feeling. Like 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe it's more - It could be two - it could be 98% scared, 2% excited but that's what makes it so intense, it's so - confused. I can't really figure it out."
                            You nailed it for me. It was time for a change, though maybe not quite this much change. We will see, but at least it will be differant. I am jacked and ready to get this party started!

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
                              And plummer had a record of failure in AZ before he came to Denver.

So... gee, I guess history doesn't decide how someone will perform in different circumstances, huh? Weird.
                              Plummer was a great QB at ASU though. Didn't they go undefeated one season?

Comment

Working...
                              X