Steeler fan here on the Orton/Cutler deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Too bad that #2 offense only needed a couple more years to gel together... They could have done some amazing things.
    #2?

Scoring offense was;
    7th in passing TD's
    tied 14th in rushing TD's
    19th in FG's..

Comment

I'm waiting for a QB with Cutler's ability and Plummer's laid back Honda Element lifestyle. That would be a breath of fresh air.[/QUOTE]

Well, he does look like Plummer...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/phot...21/orton_2.jpg

Comment

To clarify: JC is a potential franchise QB. Franchise QBs learn how to look off their primary rec very early on in their careers. Franchise QBs dont let defensive adjustments get to their heads. Franchise QBs dont make critical, game-blowing mistakes on a regular basis. Franchise QBs lead by example, not by frustration and indifference. Franchise QBs make good decisions on a regular basis, esp. when under pressure. Franchise QBs win the big games...

Rothelisberger, Brady, the Mannings, Rivers (yes Rivers) these are "franchise" QBs. Jay is nowhere near this caliber, at least yet. When he works out his maturity issues and kinks--if he can--then the overused "franchise" moniker could apply. However, until then, he is only a potential franchise QB.
        Last edited by Sequence; 04-16-2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequence View Post
          To clarify: JC is a potential franchise QB. Franchise QBs learn how to look off their primary rec very early on in their careers. Franchise QBs dont let defensive adjustments get to their heads. Franchise QBs dont make critical, game-blowing mistakes on a regular basis. Franchise QBs lead by example, not by frustration and indifference. Franchise QBs make good decisions on a regular basis, esp. when under pressure...

Rothelisberger, Brady, the Mannings, Matt Ryan, these are "franchise" QBs. Jay is nowhere near this caliber, at least yet. When JC works out his issues and kinks--if he can--then the "franchise" moniker can apply. However, until then, he is only a potential franchise QB.
          First of all, if your definition is consistent, how is Eli a franchise QB? All Eli did early in his career was look at Plax and throw dumb INTs. 20+ every season, except last season. Eli always has been indifferent. And Eli has never been a good decision maker.

And boy the Matt Ryan love is out of control.
          sigpic

Comment

Off topic: Where is Cutler7624 and are you going to change your name?
            Belichick stressed Saturday that he errs on the side of caution with NFL rules

Comment

Originally posted by JTC View Post
              Off topic: Where is Cutler7624 and are you going to change your name?
              I don't know but I've changed my name soo many times I know the next time will have nothing to do with a player. It must be a curse.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler-6 View Post
                I don't know but I've changed my name soo many times I know the next time will have nothing to do with a player. It must be a curse.
                Then name yourself Rivers-09 and put a curse on him.
                Belichick stressed Saturday that he errs on the side of caution with NFL rules

Comment

Well you know what they say

Opinions are like a-- holes everyone has one.

Comment

Originally posted by TONYTZ7 View Post
                    Opinions are like a-- holes everyone has one.

yeep!!!

:go:

Comment

Look At Orton Before the Injury

Originally posted by topscribe View Post
                      Thank you Bryant, and welcome to the board.

I don't know why so many on this board are down on Orton. When I see what
                      he accomplished, in his second year as starter, with a high ankle sprain the
                      second half of the season, rather ordinary receivers, and a less than ideal
                      O-line, I am pleased to see him here, and I believe he will be good QB for us.

-----
                      AS I've said before, if you look at Kyle's stats before the injury (10 TD's, 4 Int's, 89-something Passer Rating, 7-8 YPA), they were better than Cutler's. And, add in his ability to make good decisions under pressure and being a strong leader, we have a GREAT QB.

I think the difference is that Cutler thinks HE is going to win the game. Kyle believes the TEAM will win and his job is to put the team in the best position to win.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleFan View Post
                        AS I've said before, if you look at Kyle's stats before the injury (10 TD's, 4 Int's, 89-something Passer Rating, 7-8 YPA), they were better than Cutler's. And, add in his ability to make good decisions under pressure and being a strong leader, we have a GREAT QB.
                        Why don't you post both QB's stats at the time of the injury. That way we can all see who was better.

I am not against Orton, but you guys have to stop kidding yourselves. He is not going to bring anything close to what Cutler did.

Comment

Stats After Game Seven in 2008

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                          Why don't you post both QB's stats at the time of the injury. That way we can all see who was better.

I am not against Orton, but you guys have to stop kidding yourselves. He is not going to bring anything close to what Cutler did.
                          GREAT idea...Here's what I found out. These were the stats at the Bye Week last year (and this is Kyle's first year as a starter after spending the pre-season trading snaps with Grossman):

QB Rating:
                          Cutler- 92.93
                          Orton- 91.09

TD's/ INT's:
                          Cutler- 13 TD's/ 7 INT's (1.86 TD to INT)
                          Orton- 10 TD's/ 4 INT's (2.5 TD to INT)

Passes Completed:
                          Cutler- 163 out of 254 (64%)
                          Orton- 143 out of 230 (62%)

Total Passing Yardage:
                          Cutler- 1,862 (7.33 yards per pass attempt)
                          Orton- 1,669 (7.26 yards per pass attempt)

Total Points:
                          Denver- 24 PPG
                          Chicago- 28 PPG

The job of the QB is to win, tho. Both teams were 4-3 at the Bye. In all three losses with the Bears, they had the game won (once with :11 left) and the Bears Defense gave up the game in the last few minutes of the game.

I'm copying this and giving it to all my friends in Chicago. There is no doubt that the Broncos with Orton will be much better off than the Bears with Cutler and I want to be sure, when it all hits the fan, that everyone remembers I said it first.

And there is no doubt that Kyle is the stronger leader...everyone knows that. He will lead the team to victory, in addition to his passing.

At the end of game seven, the Bears media and fans were having the same discussion we're having here. Everyone was saying that the Bears had found their franchise QB...that the position was set for years to come. Then others said to be careful about calling someone a franchise QB...that should only be used for QB's like Brett Favre, Johnny Unitas, John Elway...

Comment

Originally posted by DBroncs04 View Post
                            #2?

Scoring offense was;
                            7th in passing TD's
                            tied 14th in rushing TD's
                            19th in FG's..
                            Why is it that while everyone else in the league uses the same measuring stick and have touted our O last year as #2, only Broncos fans (and smack talking Dolt fans) want to make us worse? I understand that every stat can't stand alone and needs context but whenever this stat is brought up as an accomplishment, there is always a Bronco fan to follow up to degrade it. Why do our own fans keep bashing our teams accomplishments? I seriously don't get this.

Comment

Originally posted by acpell671 View Post
                              Why is it that while everyone else in the league uses the same measuring stick and have touted our O last year as #2, only Broncos fans (and smack talking Dolt fans) want to make us worse? I understand that every stat can't stand alone and needs context but whenever this stat is brought up as an accomplishment, there is always a Bronco fan to follow up to degrade it. Why do our own fans keep bashing our teams accomplishments? I seriously don't get this.
                              Because they are positive and supporting the team while me and others are always negative. Haven't you been paying attention? That is exactly what I have heard over the last couple weeks from everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                                Because they are positive and supporting the team while me and others are always negative. Haven't you been paying attention? That is exactly what I have heard over the last couple weeks from everyone.
                                I think I am viewed an an "other". I understand that here on the forum, we seem to be the vocal minority but I'm starting to see more and more posters come back and seem to view things more similarly to myself. Is there any poll out there that currently shows the general feeling of Bronco Country? The kool-aid drinkers seem to be louder, but I guesstimate that there are far more fence sitters and skeptics.

And the worst part about it is that it's come to this. This is not Broncos football.

Comment

Working...
                                X