Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me or is the defense still the 800lb gorilla in the room?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is it me or is the defense still the 800lb gorilla in the room?

    I just watched the press conferences and McDaniels seems to only be focused on the offense with no care or knowledge of the defense whatsoever. I'm excited to see how this turn out, yet still a bit apprehensive about that guy. It's like he has offensive tunnel vision. I would like to hear from Nolan. It'd be great to hear his pov. It was good to hear from Champ and Dumervil though. It also seems as though guys just want some stability on the defensive coaching end.
    #swapping

  • #2
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    I just watched the press conferences and McDaniels seems to only be focused on the offense with no care or knowledge of the defense whatsoever. I'm excited to see how this turn out, yet still a bit apprehensive about that guy. It's like he has offensive tunnel vision. I would like to hear from Nolan. It'd be great to hear his pov. It was good to hear from Champ and Dumervil though. It also seems as though guys just want some stability on the defensive coaching end.
    I listened to this Guy say over and over Cutler is Our QB .....

    I don't believe anything he saids and only hope he can Coach better then he can lie
    We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of


    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by theflammer View Post
      I listened to this Guy say over and over Cutler is Our QB .....

      I don't believe anything he saids and only hope he can Coach better then he can lie
      I hope you swim better than you post.

      If not....

      Steer clear of pools and natural bodies of water.












      Btw.. THANK GOD CUTLER IS GONE

      Comment


      • #4
        He can only answer the questions that he is asked. I also would like to read more about the defense, but until the Denver Post starts asking about it we are going to be stuck with the same information repackaged over and over again.
        I'll duel you left-handed

        "I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

        Comment


        • #5
          He's going with the "stick your head in the sand and everything will be okay" method.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by flosstein View Post
            I just watched the press conferences and McDaniels seems to only be focused on the offense with no care or knowledge of the defense whatsoever. I'm excited to see how this turn out, yet still a bit apprehensive about that guy. It's like he has offensive tunnel vision. I would like to hear from Nolan. It'd be great to hear his pov. It was good to hear from Champ and Dumervil though. It also seems as though guys just want some stability on the defensive coaching end.
            You guys are so quick to jump to criticism that you don't allow a little time to reason before you post
            You've gotta understand that the offense is set, while the defense is not.
            So, he's got all the pieces if the offense in place -albeit a rb, or a qb to be addressed in the draft- and he can go ahead and start implementing his new system
            The defense on the other hand is way raw. We're going to get the missing pieces from the draft and get going soon after that...
            Last edited by dragster69; 04-17-2009, 05:17 PM.
            sigpic
            I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
              You guys are so quick to jump to criticism that you don't allow a little time to reason before you post
              You've gotta understand that the offense is set, while the defense is not.
              So, he's got all the pieces if the offense in place -albeit a rb, or a qb to be addressed in the draft- and he can go ahead and start implementing his new system
              The defense on the other hand is way raw. We're going to get the missing pieces from the draft and get going soon after that...
              I hope your right about that. If we draft qb Im going to lose it. If we draft defense with at least 3 of the 4 1st rd picks weve got the next 2 years we might build a solid defense. With a good to great defense and all the weapons we have on O including the line, all we need is a decent qb. It would be idiotic to trade a pro bowl qb for an average qb only to draft an unproven guy with the extra picks.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gaberox View Post
                I hope your right about that. If we draft qb Im going to lose it. If we draft defense with at least 3 of the 4 1st rd picks weve got the next 2 years we might build a solid defense. With a good to great defense and all the weapons we have on O including the line, all we need is a decent qb. It would be idiotic to trade a pro bowl qb for an average qb only to draft an unproven guy with the extra picks.
                We're going to draft a QB more certainly. I don't think we'll go for Sanchez as his stock has risen way high lately, but I think a QB in the 3rd round is not out of the question...
                sigpic
                I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                  The defense on the other hand is way raw. We're going to get the missing pieces from the draft and get going soon after that...
                  This is brilliant logic, our defense is the worst part of our team so lets procrastinate on improving it
                  How about this, you improve the defense as much as you can now, then you go draft some guys and improve it even more later.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BRINGBAKPLUMMER View Post
                    This is brilliant logic, our defense is the worst part of our team so lets procrastinate on improving it
                    How about this, you improve the defense as much as you can now, then you go draft some guys and improve it even more later.
                    Let's see, we have 10 picks for this year's draft, I think, and perhaps 20+ between now and next year's draft, and you're whining for using two on a RB and a QB?
                    Seems to me that your logic nees a little polishing, don't you think?
                    sigpic
                    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm not sure why everyone thinks the defense is so bad. Yes...they were bad last year. Were they running Nolan's system with all of preseason to prepare? No. Do we know who will playing each position? No. Are we running the same offense? No. For all anyone knows the players on the team currently will dominate and be the number 1 defense next year. Every single person on defense will be playing a new position except Champ. Everyone on offense will have new responsibilities. We have no idea how it will all work out. I wish people would get off the fix the defense, only the defense theme. All areas of the team need to be focused on.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        I'm not sure why everyone thinks the defense is so bad. Yes...they were bad last year. Were they running Nolan's system with all of preseason to prepare? No. Do we know who will playing each position? No. Are we running the same offense? No. For all anyone knows the players on the team currently will dominate and be the number 1 defense next year. Every single person on defense will be playing a new position except Champ. Everyone on offense will have new responsibilities. We have no idea how it will all work out. I wish people would get off the fix the defense, only the defense theme. All areas of the team need to be focused on.
                        That's correct. It's a new system all around. Same players on offense (98%) and a wholesale changes on defense with a new DC and new system. I agree to be wise and sit and watch how this whole thing unfolds in front of us
                        I tend to think we will be much better as a team all around, and that's what we need to compete this year with the schedule the way it is for us...
                        sigpic
                        I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                          Let's see, we have 10 picks for this year's draft, I think, and perhaps 20+ between now and next year's draft, and you're whining for using two on a RB and a QB?
                          Seems to me that your logic nees a little polishing, don't you think?
                          Sorry man. I disagree with the whole McDaniels thing.... All he had to do was come in here improve the 29ths ranked defense from last year, and everything would be okay. But.... the offense was so much more important
                          Go Broncos!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rockies3384 View Post
                            Sorry man. I disagree with the whole McDaniels thing.... All he had to do was come in here improve the 29ths ranked defense from last year, and everything would be okay. But.... the offense was so much more important
                            I think a lot of people driven by the media who never gave McDaniels' the benefit of the doubt about the Cutler/Cassel trade talks were led to believe that it was McDaniels idea to come here and wanting to get rid of Cutler among the items in his agenda
                            McDaniels has stated that was not the case. They fielded some calls of people wanting to see if a trade would be possible, given that:
                            1-Cassel was available
                            2-Cassel already knew McDaniels system
                            3-A trade Cutler for Cassel would be one that McDaniels may be interested

                            Fact of the matter is, he wasn't interested. You can blame McDaniels in the aftermath for his inabilities to communicate better, and for not even talking more to the media, but he failed miserably there. This whole thing while not OFFICIALLY heard from McDaniels himself, was being tossed around as if it was his idea all along, that he didn't want Cutler here all along, and a bunch of other stuff

                            Mcdaniels finally got his point out to the media, and people were still convinced that he wanted to get rid of Cutler, that he's a liar, yadah, yadah, yadah, after he repeatedly said Cutler was our QB, he scheduled a meeting with Cutler to talk things over, Cutler had already put both of his houses in the market the week preceeding the meeting, shows up at the meeting with his agent, and things didn't go as planned from Cutler's point of view, because he already had made his mind he didn't want to stay in Denver as he made it clear by putting the aforementioned houses in the market
                            Cutler then storms off that meeting, and publicly demanded a trade. Once he does that and makes it public to the world, there is no coming back. He was at the point of no return in his mind
                            The Broncos organization, and the owner Mr. Bowlen more specific, tried to reach out to Cutler to see if he has calmed down and has changed his mind. Cutler opted to not return Mr. Bowlen's phone calls of the last ten days. Mr. Bowlen then calls Cutler's agent to see what's up, and his agent informs Mr. Bowlen that his client doesn't want to play for Denver.
                            Mr. Bowlen made his move and authorized negotiations for a trade that would have sent Cutler to Chicago where Cutler's said he's happy
                            Last edited by dragster69; 04-17-2009, 07:16 PM.
                            sigpic
                            I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                              You guys are so quick to jump to criticism that you don't allow a little time to reason before you post
                              You've gotta understand that the offense is set, while the defense is not.
                              So, he's got all the pieces if the offense in place -albeit a rb, or a qb to be addressed in the draft- and he can go ahead and start implementing his new system
                              The defense on the other hand is way raw. We're going to get the missing pieces from the draft and get going soon after that...
                              I'm not criticizing, for now anyway, just a lil' bit more interested in what is being done defensively. As far as addressing a QB in the draft, I hope it's not at the cost of those nice draft picks.
                              #swapping

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X