Best news this offseason (so far)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best news this offseason (so far)

McDaniels said Peyton Hillis took part in practice today, and is close to fully healed from last season's injury. "He did a lot of things well -- he's a versatile player, so we're going to try to use him in a lot of different roles," McDaniels said. "He carried the ball today, he blocked -- as much as you can block when you're going against air -- and caught the ball well. So he's going to do a lot of things. We really like his skill set and what he can do for us."

Nice to see Hillis get some recognition from McD. Can't wait to see him laying the wood on would be tacklers this season.

According to Cutlerettes, that means Hillis might be traded very soon.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdnmecudawon3 View Post
      McDaniels said Peyton Hillis took part in practice today, and is close to fully healed from last season's injury. "He did a lot of things well -- he's a versatile player, so we're going to try to use him in a lot of different roles," McDaniels said. "He carried the ball today, he blocked -- as much as you can block when you're going against air -- and caught the ball well. So he's going to do a lot of things. We really like his skill set and what he can do for us."

Nice to see Hillis get some recognition from McD. Can't wait to see him laying the wood on would be tacklers this season.
      That's very nice to see Peyton working out already. It looks like his skills are still there impressing his new coaching staff!
      Way yo go Hillis!!! :salute!:
      sigpic
      I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

I'm really looking forward to watching him this year, last season I was really impressed with his skills.

Comment

Hillis is one of those players you wished there were more of and looks old school. He is the type of player that forced the minds at Madden to create the truck option on the game. I can't wait to use him on Madden and see him hitting the holes vs the Bengals live and in color.
          sigpic
          The Bronco fan pledge;
          I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
          I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
          I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
          I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
          Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

I really think that the focus on McD has been one or all of : that he may be too young, or he messed up royally early into his tenure or we can't trust him, etc. I don't see it that way at all, other than he is young. I believe he is an excellent judge of talent, and his assessment of Hillis shouldn't be surprising at all, given what Hillis can do.

It is so much easier to feel good about this team's future once you start to accept who the coach is. Sure some of you have a right to be concerned, but for me, all I see is a guy trying to make us better, and a guy with passion and a record of success.

Comment

So far so good, i like what i am seeing from JMD, The next test would be the draft.

Comment

Um.

Duh Josh.

Comment

The best news this year was signing Brian Dawkins

We all knew Hillis was going to be healed sooner or later so its not really that big of a deal.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hillis is a beast! Cannot wait to see the role he plays this year!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                      According to Cutlerettes, that means Hillis might be traded very soon.
                      Haha how did this not get a response... I completey agree, anyone who listens to one word of of McDaniels mouth to the media will prolly be disappointed, I think Patriot fans just got used to knowing Belichek was playing the media like it was his blowup doll. I think we better get used to it, and I am alllllll behind McDaniels but lets just let him say what he wants and win, nothing he says to the media will be true.

Comment

Peyton Hillis

Watching his combine workout last year I knew he would be special. I was really suprise that he lasted to the 7th round. He ran routes, caught balls just as good as McFadden and Jones. I'm really happy that McDaniels likes him because Hillis's kind of talent and character is hard to find, especially in the 7th round.

Comment

Originally posted by GreasyQtip View Post
                          nothing he says to the media will be true.
                          That just makes me sick. I'm not joking. I HATE the Patriots... I did not want my favorite team to become them. I am stuck without a choice so I will sit by, just like church, waiting for the torch to be passed to someone else. If McDaniels wins us a Superbowl I might start trusting him again, but for right now, he ROYALLY screwed up and I have no respect for him.

Comment

[QUOTE=...I am alllllll behind McDaniels but lets just let him say what he wants and win, nothing he says to the media will be true.[/QUOTE]

I really hope he isn't all about throwin' out misinformation and subtle hype. I'd like to believe that the subdued comments he made regarding Hillis are reflective of how he feels and that he does recognize Hillis' value. Every once in a while, I'll watch some of those Hillis highlight clips and get pumped up!!

Comment

The Pats seem to be all about versatility and Hillis is just about as versatile as we get. He can block(see his days at arky), he can catch the ball out of the backfield and we found out last year he can run as well. I bet he could prob play special teams if needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X