New Bronco Says It Best!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up yours Lamont Jordan.

I have been a fan of this team for 25 years.

I wasn't a fan of the Jets, then Raiders, then Pats, and now this year became a fan of the Broncos.

Don't tell me how I should feel about my team. I should be telling you to perform and make me forget how this team screwed me over in the past six months.

I am trying to get on board with the massive changes to my team, but I know it'll take time.

What it won't take, is some back-up RB free agent coming in here and telling me how I should feel.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      Scoring is the main function of the offense. Any points generated by the defense or special teams are merely bonuses, so while technically it is a team stat, it is one that is primarily generated by the efforts of the offense. That is why people use it to point out that the offense wasn't as great as some made it out to be.

My post about people deserving to have their fan-hood questioned was directed toward their comments in the offseason before the team has a chance to even prove what it is. Therefore, your post about about questioning the fan-hood of those that said the offense sucked last year was irrelevant to what I said because you're talking about opinions based on actual performance on the field. I don't have a problem with people complaining about the team being bad when there is actual proof to back it up or they at least can reference actual play on the field or an actual win-loss record.

There are people writing the team off just because they don't like the changes that have been made this offseason. That is behavior worthy of having one's fan-hood questioned. It's fine to be skeptical. It's fine to wonder if the team can win. But to be convinced that the team will lose or that the team sucks when the season hasn't even started yet is utterly ridiculous, if you call yourself a Broncos fan. Maybe you're not one of those people, I was just speaking generally.
      Before letting this thread die, I wanted to give Broncolee a chance to redeem himself.

Comment

Originally posted by acpell671 View Post
        Before letting this thread die, I wanted to give Broncolee a chance to redeem himself.
        Why don't you let this thing die......this thread has run its course.....a long time ago.

There comes a point when it doesn't matter anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by MJA View Post
          Does anyone else get the feeling the Broncolee = Joseph McCarthy and his crusade of determining one's "fanhood" (love of democracy) questioned (because he may be a commie!) I hope you realize how dumb you look broncolee.
          huh????????????

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            First of all, that is completely irrelevant to what I said because those people are basing their opinion on actual performance on the field during the regular season.

Second, I don't think there are many, if any, people who are saying that the offense sucked last year. I think they, myself included, merely pointed out that the offense was not as great as some have made it to be because they were not able to turn yards into points. Many people keep pointing out the Broncos had the #2 offense as if that were a justification for not doing anything to improve the offense. That #2 ranking was for yards only. Yards don't win games, points do. It wasn't all on the defense last year. The offense had it's short comings as well. The Saints had a bad defense, but still had the top scoring offense.
            You are right broncolee.......no one is saying the offense sucked last year, BUT it's true, our scoring production was not efficient enough, given all the yardage. We can improve on that part of the game, albeit, the injuries to the backs was a definite factor.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              You are right broncolee.......no one is saying the offense sucked last year, BUT it's true, our scoring production was not efficient enough, given all the yardage. We can improve on that part of the game, albeit, the injuries to the backs was a definite factor.
              Sorry, Can. If you wanted the thread to die, you probably shouldn't have posted 3 times.

The point with Broncolee was not about scoring production or improvement or anything like that. My point was to question why it's okay to use an improper stat to make a part of our team look worse than it really was. You are a positive poster here, correct? You should understand this argument. It's not true when you say that nobody is saying our offense sucked last year. That's what you might be saying but not what the popular opinion is here. I often read people bashing the only bright spot on our team last year and making them look like they were low class. I don't buy this. Because I'm newer here, sometimes I honestly can't tell if they are a Charger fan or not.

Every part of every team looks to improve, every year through FA or the draft. Why take one of the few accomplishments our team had last year and make it sound like they were trash, not using fact to back it up, but by misusing a stat to mislead the argument?

It's just one of two things. It's a revisionist position to villify Jay Cutler or it's a rationalization, depending on the circumstance of the argument.

When discussing the offense, use offensive stats, don't use a team stat that is signigicantly lowered by the lack of production by Defense and ST. It doesn't help the argument and can just make one look like they either hated the team last year or don't know anything about football.

Comment

Originally posted by acpell671 View Post
                Sorry, Can. If you wanted the thread to die, you probably shouldn't have posted 3 times.

The point with Broncolee was not about scoring production or improvement or anything like that. My point was to question why it's okay to use an improper stat to make a part of our team look worse than it really was. You are a positive poster here, correct? You should understand this argument. It's not true when you say that nobody is saying our offense sucked last year. That's what you might be saying but not what the popular opinion is here. I often read people bashing the only bright spot on our team last year and making them look like they were low class. I don't buy this. Because I'm newer here, sometimes I honestly can't tell if they are a Charger fan or not.

Every part of every team looks to improve, every year through FA or the draft. Why take one of the few accomplishments our team had last year and make it sound like they were trash, not using fact to back it up, but by misusing a stat to mislead the argument?

It's just one of two things. It's a revisionist position to villify Jay Cutler or it's a rationalization, depending on the circumstance of the argument.

When discussing the offense, use offensive stats, don't use a team stat that is signigicantly lowered by the lack of production by Defense and ST. It doesn't help the argument and can just make one look like they either hated the team last year or don't know anything about football.
                This time only one last post.......you had the last say....I'm done.

Comment

Win or lose, be a fan! Show some support! Are you guys going to stop being Broncos fans if the Broncos go 0-16? If not, then start acting like fans, be supportive! What's so hard to understand about that and grasp? I wasn't happy that Shanahan was fired, and I sure as hell wasn't happy that crybaby-Cutler wanted out and was traded; BUT that doesn't mean I'm going to stop supporting the Broncos! That's what I think Broncolee was trying to get at. I'm sure we all want the Broncos to succeed...I'd love it if they won the Super Bowl this coming season. Even if the Broncos make some idiotic decisions in the draft or we go 0-16, I'm still going to be a fan and show support.

Comment

Working...
                  X