Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very close game.

KC-31 DEN-29

Failed two-point conversion by the Broncos leads to a Chiefs two-point lead and win.

Either way - if my Chiefs go out and play the best to their ability and lose, I will be glad to see that they have heart and desire to win. But honestly, guys - this game is going to be exciting, and probably a very close game.

In any case - cheers to all of you. The offseason is almost over.

Last edited by kcchiefsrule; 09-08-2004, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Den45 KC27
        Yeah, but we all know how mighty all of those offenses were last year.
        And look how mighty our offense is.
        sigpic

Comment

be honest with your self

i feel it and you feel it , borncos will lose.. ain't no way broncos ready for kansas City..you got Plummer and who else ? Running backs have no experience and wideouts are just getting their ears wet...

chiefs got Trent Green and all the other great players. whose going to stop Priest Holmes? not Bailey! not lynch! maybe after he made the first down, they going to be too busy watching out for the pass

Comment

Re: be honest with your self

Originally posted by N.O. saints
            i feel it and you feel it , borncos will lose.. ain't no way broncos ready for kansas City..you got Plummer and who else ? Running backs have no experience and wideouts are just getting their ears wet...

chiefs got Trent Green and all the other great players. whose going to stop Priest Holmes? not Bailey! not lynch! maybe after he made the first down, they going to be too busy watching out for the pass
            But I am 100% sure just as you are, that if Matt Muack was starting we would go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl, and Mauck would go 399-400 5500 yards passing 45 TD's and 0 INT's huh?

Comment

After all the changes, cuts and the final rosters are in, I say:

27 Broncos
              24 Chefs

I think this will be a close game and since the Chefs released Morten Anderson, the new guy will miss the possible tying field goal to force over time with :17 seconds left in regulation!
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Denver Broncos 28
                Kansas City Chiefs 17

Comment

Realisticly, there is no real way to guess who will win this one. You guys really pushed to improve your secondary. I have not looked at the stats, but denver had to have decent coverage defense last year. But the takeaways for will go up for that secondary drasticly. Champ Bailey is obviously a great shut-down corner, but I think the talk about the "best" shutdown corner is maybe over stated. I would take Chris Mcalister first. Obviously trading Portis for him was out of the question, they have Jamal Lewis.

When It all comes down to it, this could be as even a match the rivalry has seen.

My Chiefs are having some injuries with wide recievers. And obviously a defense that hasnt proved it can stop the run in its new scheme yet.

Denver lost a great deal of their offense last year. And its great offensive line coach, which is probably understated problem. Losing John Mobley and Ian Gold has got to be substantial to your defense, Al Wilson didn't make every single tackle did he? He is still there though and one greatly annoying #@$#$* he is. Hell, Zach Thomas gets more credit than he deserves, and some of it could go to Wilson.

Even though its in Denver, and I am still haunted by images of the that last game in denver, I think somehow KC might pull this one out. Its entirely more possible that Denver will win by a small to medium margin, but that Mark Schlereth guy on ESPN seems to think Gunther's defensive schemes are designed to allow players to make simplistic plays. He would know wouldn't he? He was an offensive lineman right? He would have played against Gunthers schemes and that D-Line was not made of great talent, besides Thomas.

Mark Schlereth actually does predict that Gunther Cunningham's schemes will allow KC to get enough total defense to complement the extreme offense to get a super bowl win this year.
                  Last edited by ThomasDE58; 09-08-2004, 11:54 PM.

Comment

just be honest and say it , i did,lol

[QUOTE]But I am 100% sure just as you are, that if Matt Muack was starting we would go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl, and Mauck would go 399-400 5500 yards passing 45 TD's and 0 INT's huh?

that crap was funny , i didn't say nothing about your starting QB

had to bring it up , didn't you,lol

broncos is going to lose because you don't have portis to score another 5 tds on the chiefs

portis was the man , as he wears the championship belt around his waste....a cool mofo

Comment

Broncos-27
                      Chiefs-20

I Adopted Jake Plummer

Comment

20-17 DEN. Our O is shaky, i dunno about 20+ points.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                          the new guy will miss the possible tying field goal to force over time with :17 seconds left in regulation!
                          Ughhhh, now that would really be a downer.
                          Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

But what if it were a long field goal? And the new guy made it? Morten's leg would probably fall off if he tried a long one. But I dunno. I'm getting more excited and nervous every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Den45 KC27
                              Yeah, but when was the last time the Chiefs held someone to 14 points?

Last year against the Buffalo Bills.
                              [QUOTE]
                              If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

True....I just hope it's a clean game with no controversy.

I'm all about fair losing/winning.

Colt fans are still mad at the Patriots!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                                2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Working...
                                X