Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• players your excited for in 09

im excited for the following players

1. Jarvis Moss (i hope he has a break out year in this new 3-4 scheme)

2. Dawkins (hes gonna kick ass)

3. Orton (he might excell in mcdaniels offense)

4. Champ (hes healthy and dangerous)

5. Josh Barrett (i hope he gets playing time behind Hill)
    Now go get your shine box

I would say...

1.Dawkins

2.Hillis

3.Woodyard

4.Orton

5.and the 09 draft class!!!
    Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member #10

Creator of the smiley

Comment

Jarvis Moss?
      sigpic
      I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
        Jarvis Moss?
        He would be my 53rd "most excited for" player on the Broncos roster

Creator of the smiley

Comment

Jarvis Moss?
          yea dude

for some reason i think hes gonna have a good season

Comment

Jarvis Moss?
            Ya, who isn't excited to see Jarvis Moss play?

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
              yea dude

What the heck ever gave you that idea? Haha i'm just messin with you. To each his own, but really I don't want to see this guy near our defense. Never thought much of him, and really he hasn't shown much. Too weak, and doesn't have the natural moves to get around NFL tackles. He had one great game in the national championship game, and I think thats really the only reason he became a first rounder.

Comment

yea dude

I thought that when he had that game against Ohio State for the BCS...

Creator of the smiley

Comment

Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                  What the heck ever gave you that idea? Haha i'm just messin with you. To each his own, but really I don't want to see this guy near our defense. Never thought much of him, and really he hasn't shown much. Too weak, and doesn't have the natural moves to get around NFL tackles. He had one great game in the national championship game, and I think thats really the only reason he became a first rounder.
                  well he hasnt had alot of playing time

he was injured most of his rookie season

last year he had 2.5 sacks in 12 games which isnt shaqtacular but who had the most sacks on our D? and how much was that ? im guessing not alot

i just think this is his season

if not then hes a bust..

Comment

well he hasnt had alot of playing time

he was injured most of his rookie season

last year he had 2.5 sacks in 12 games which isnt shaqtacular but who had the most sacks on our D? and how much was that ? im guessing not alot

i just think this is his season

if not then hes a bust..
                    True he hasn't had a lot of playing time, but I think there is a reason for that, and that is that he simply isn't that good. I will say that I think he has a better chance at being an OLB in a 3-4 than a DE in a 4-3. I just don't see the guy ever being that great against the run, we'll see if standing up helps his pass rushing skills.

Comment

To answer the question, I'm most excited to see what Orton can do in this offense.

:go:

Comment

Jarvis Moss will get his fair share to compete this year. The odds are stacked against him, though
                        We have a boat load of picks to use on defense this year as we stand a good chance to draft a couple of good players in the first round
                        Then, he will have some competition from Dummerville, DJ, Woodyard, Andra Davis and possibly Spencer Larsen to name a few, then add whoever we get in the draft
                        That said, this is perhaps his best and last chance to make an impact. I think a lot will be done this year to give him the best chance to succeed
                        It will also depend on the depth we're going to carry at LB......
                        Last edited by dragster69; 04-19-2009, 12:03 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                          To answer the question, I'm most excited to see what Orton can do in this offense.

:go:
                          I think that's the biggest unknown. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he turns out better than I've been thinking.
                          I've seen him play many times in the NFL, and he strikes me as not having IT to play at this level. Something is missing. I hope and pray that the McD system be a good match for him
                          sigpic

Comment

A couple of them that aren't necessarily ones that you think of right away....

Matt Prater - started strong and finished weak, but has an incredible leg and can't wait to see if he puts it all together and Denver has found itself another diamond in the rough.

Correll Buckhalter - I've just always been intrigued by this guy and now find it ironic that he is a Bronco....I know of his checkered past as far as injuries go, but he is lightning quick and looked like the BEST runningback during last year's playoffs.

Comment

Jarvis Moss will get his fair share to compete this year. The odds are stacked against him, though
                              We have a boat load of picks to use on defense this year as we stand a good chance to draft a couple of good players in the first round
                              Then, he will have some competition from Dummerville, DJ, Woodyard, Andra Davis and possibly Spencer Larsen to name a few, then add whoever we get in the draft
                              That said, this is perhaps his best and last chance to make an impact. I think a lot will be done this year to give him the best chance to succeed
                              It will also depend on the depth we're going to carry at LB......
                              Moss wont compete against any of those guys, except maybe dumervil. DJ, Davis, and Larson all play ILB, and I dont really know where Woodyard fits in the 3-4. Most likely Moss will compete with a draft pick or two, and maybe Boss Bailey if he's healthy

Comment

Working...
                              X