Who will start at RB and QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to ask again.

Why in the world would anyone with any sense at all, hope we draft sanchez or knoshawn with our first pick we have gotten 2 different QBs and a million different backs in the offseason. When our real problem is on the other side of the ball. Seriously did those of you that are hoping for O in the draft, not watch a single game last year.

If so it had to be just as painful for you as it was for me, to see EVERYTIME a back on the opposing team carry the rock gain 7 to 8 yards everytime. It is hard to believe that fans that have a brain, would even think about taking an offensive player in the entire draft, much less than the number 12 pick overall!

I would mind if every pick we had was used on D.

Comment

Originally posted by Pratama View Post
      I have a feeling that Orton will start, Simms will hold a clipboard and we might draft Sanchez, but only if he falls to #12. Sanchez would sit and learn for the next 3+ years like Cassell did behind Brady.

As far as the RB goes, I am not really sure but say Arrington because McD seemed to really "fall in love" with him in the Superbowl because of his ability to 1) block 2) take care of the football in clutch situations 3) catch out of the backfield 4)pick up the blitz (which is different from "set" blocking in my mind).

One thing I am not sure of though - - does McD use a 2 back set? If so, then Hillis will get a lot of action as the fullback. He will be used as a blocker and a checkdown threat out of the backfield. He would also be used to open holes for what would become a very physical and brutal RB set (opening holes for Jordan or Buckhalter).

Remember, the Pats like versatile players (so that will mean a lot to McD since he's outta that system) and Hillis has already impressed McD with his ability to fill a lot of roles. What's more, he is WILLING to fill a lot of roles. He is willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win. On the same note, it will be interesting to see how Spencer Larsen shows up this year - - he is another "swiss army knife" kind of player who can play offense, defense and special teams at a high level.

I cannot wait for the draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
      youre assesment is pretty close. I'm not very knowledgeable about your roster, but I can give you guys insight on how he uses his backs

If Lamont Jordan can stay healthy he and another back will be used for first and second downs. Josh will also try and develop one of the backs into a third down back(catch out of the backfield and pick up the blitz) ala kevin Faulk. Mcd's system is primarily a 3 receiver set, te and single back. McD will use 4 backs during a game. Usually saving his biggest back for the 4th quarter when the defense is tired.

Comment

Originally posted by cairin72432 View Post
        Why in the world would anyone with any sense at all, hope we draft sanchez or knoshawn with our first pick we have gotten 2 different QBs and a million different backs in the offseason. When our real problem is on the other side of the ball. Seriously did those of you that are hoping for O in the draft, not watch a single game last year.

If so it had to be just as painful for you as it was for me, to see EVERYTIME a back on the opposing team carry the rock gain 7 to 8 yards everytime. It is hard to believe that fans that have a brain, would even think about taking an offensive player in the entire draft, much less than the number 12 pick overall!

I would mind if every pick we had was used on D.
        Mcd is a smart football coach. He knows that games are won in the trenches. I would bet that if one of the top D-lineman is available at 12 that's were he is going to go.

Comment

Working...
        X