Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Denver, not New England...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is Denver, not New England...

    I, for one, have been a bit critical of the new HC & GM for some time now. Although, still skeptical, I am starting to see things in a new light because there is a slight change in how things are being done.

    It is generally known that in New England, the media is cut off and often kept in the dark as far as keeping up relations with the fans and the community. Here in Denver, Mike Shanahan has always valued the relationship between the fans & the team/organization. Without giving away team secrets or strategy, we've always been welcomed into Dove Valley via the media with Mike being available almost daily during camps and many players speaking candidly with the press. Changing over to some of the Patriot ways is a difficult pill for some of us to swallow.

    In the initial days of the hiring of Josh McDaniels, there were a few interviews, then not much after that. Once the trade talks hit the news cycle, the press got shut out even more. At the first workout at Dove Valley, the press conferences were tense, to say the least and the obvious absence of a leader made me seriously question the practices of the HC & FO. I thought it was a joke to put Eddie Royal, the HC's high school friend and the new guy out to feed the sharks without any word from either Brian Xanders or Josh McD to take the heat off some of the players. What were they thinking?

    During the meeting at Dana Point, local media had expressed their displeasure with the Broncos, as well, because they were passed over for more national coverage.

    Since the day of the trade, now that they have been able to control the message, there has been a concerted effort to regain the confidence in the fan base. Media access has been unprecedented since January. McD has been a little more comfortable in front of the camera, the players seem generally more excited to talk to the media and to the fans.

    I have a hard time accepting that our rookie HC has so much control and power and is learning too many things hands on. I often equated it to a science experiment for him. However, I firmly think that McD has learned a the hard way that he can't run everything New England style. It backfired once when the fans turned in masses. We hope to see him come into his own more. I don't expect him to abandon his ideals or basic principles, but give and take here is so important.

    This is DENVER and we are the BRONCOS! :go:

  • #2
    A lot of people seem to be complaining about how McD takes after Belicheck and does too many things the "patriots" would do, like its a bad thing. If you came from the wing of one of the most successful head coaches in the history of the game, wouldn't you want to imitate him as much as you could? Belicheck, while no doubt a tool at times, is a great coach, and more importantly a winner. If we win, I really don't care how many customs he takes from the pats..

    Comment


    • #3
      I would be ok with New England's record and Superbowl appearances and wins this decade. The reality is new coach, new systems, new style, its his team. He has to do what he thinks is right because ultimately he will be held accountable for whether or not he wins or loses - - not how closely he kept to the traditions of Shanny and the Bronco's organization.

      He's not a mad man. There are reasons for everything that he does - - and yes a lot of it comes from what he learned in NE (our mortal enemies), but you cannot argue with the success of that franchise over the past decade. We just dont understand the reasoning and the ultimate and desired result of things like - - wearing a hoody, refering to perceived Divas as "the player", skimpy press conferences, new menus in the cafeteria, hands-on, on the field coaching, etc. But there is a reason for them.

      We as fans can keep a lot of the great traditions alive. The real Mile High Magic lies within all of us. That will never change no matter who the owner, coach, or QB is.
      Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

      Comment


      • #4
        Go Root for the Patriots !!

        Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
        A lot of people seem to be complaining about how McD takes after Belicheck and does too many things the "patriots" would do, like its a bad thing. If you came from the wing of one of the most successful head coaches in the history of the game, wouldn't you want to imitate him as much as you could? Belicheck, while no doubt a tool at times, is a great coach, and more importantly a winner. If we win, I really don't care how many customs he takes from the pats..
        All the people telling me how well New England does their thing... Well go root for the Patriots. Seriously, people who don't like the McD opinions and Cutler opinions tell everyone to go -----> to the Bears. All you New England lovers got to ---------> New England. Pffftttt.....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bert428 View Post
          All the people telling me how well New England does their thing... Well go root for the Patriots. Seriously, people who don't like the McD opinions and Cutler opinions tell everyone to go -----> to the Bears. All you New England lovers got to ---------> New England. Pffftttt.....
          I agree with your premise, but in no part of Iowa's post did he allude to the fact that he was a "New England lover"....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bert428 View Post
            All the people telling me how well New England does their thing... Well go root for the Patriots. Seriously, people who don't like the McD opinions and Cutler opinions tell everyone to go -----> to the Bears. All you New England lovers got to ---------> New England. Pffftttt.....
            Whatever bud. Sorry, if I like that we brought in a coach that comes from a winning franchise, and is taking a lot of things that made them a winning franchise and installing them here. Jesus its like you guys expect that nothing is going to change. WAKE UP! There is a reason why Shanahan got fired, and that is obviously because CHANGE needed to take place, and here it is. We didn't fire Shanahan just to bring in another guy that's going to do the exact same things..
            Last edited by iowabronco24; 04-20-2009, 07:26 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bert428 View Post
              All the people telling me how well New England does their thing... Well go root for the Patriots. Seriously, people who don't like the McD opinions and Cutler opinions tell everyone to go -----> to the Bears. All you New England lovers got to ---------> New England. Pffftttt.....
              So should he copy Shanny's 7-9, 8-8 efforts with no playoff appearances? Winning is not the "Patriots way", they dont hold a patent on winning football games. Last I checked Pittsburg was the SB champ. McD -- OUR COACH -- is going to do what he thinks he needs to do to win because its his @$$ on the line.
              Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

              Comment


              • #8
                Probably Right !!

                Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                I agree with your premise, but in no part of Iowa's post did he allude to the fact that he was a "New England lover"....
                You are probably right, and if I offend anyone I am sorry. It is not my intention. Just tired of everyone telling everyone who does not care for or believe in the New England style to (and I quote) "----------> Bears". If I liked New England I'd root for New England. New England does not have 1 tenth the class of the Denver Broncos, and I don't care how many wins they have. If you want New England --------------> Patriots. Thanks for the reply.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bert428 View Post
                  You are probably right, and if I offend anyone I am sorry. It is not my intention. Just tired of everyone telling everyone who does not care for or believe in the New England style to (and I quote) "----------> Bears". If I liked New England I'd root for New England. New England does not have 1 tenth the class of the Denver Broncos, and I don't care how many wins they have. If you want New England --------------> Patriots. Thanks for the reply.
                  I want the Denver Broncos to have NE like success. How does that mean I should root for the Pats?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Wanting to Win is Healthy !!

                    Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                    I want the Denver Broncos to have NE like success. How does that mean I should root for the Pats?
                    Wanting to win is great. I'm all for that. But wanting to win with a coach like Billichek or Mcd is not what I want. I'd rather have an honest, straight foward coach any day. Dodging the press, changing your story at minimum three times, only allowing the new recruits to address the press, etc. etc. etc. Little Billichek in the making. I, for one (and am not the only one) do not wish to win like that (this is the point where people usually say to go to the Bears). I have always considered Bowlen one of the classiest and best owners in sports. But this hire is going to put a gigantic dark spot on the franchise. This offseason is only the begining.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bert428 View Post
                      Wanting to win is great. I'm all for that. But wanting to win with a coach like Billichek or Mcd is not what I want. I'd rather have an honest, straight foward coach any day. Dodging the press, changing your story at minimum three times, only allowing the new recruits to address the press, etc. etc. etc. Little Billichek in the making. I, for one (and am not the only one) do not wish to win like that (this is the point where people usually say to go to the Bears). I have always considered Bowlen one of the classiest and best owners in sports. But this hire is going to put a gigantic dark spot on the franchise. This offseason is only the begining.
                      Thats easy to say now, but for some reason I think you might change your attitude if McD won us 3 superbowls in 4 years..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bert428 View Post
                        only allowing the new recruits to address the press, etc. etc. etc.
                        This is a little bit outside the point of your post, but I love the idea of Eddie Royal (that's who you were referring to right?) addressing the media. He is very articulate, intelligent, hard working and media savvy. I think that he was put out there as a testament to his leadership ability and with an eye to the future. He is going to be one of the faces of the franchise for years to come (barring any unforseen circumstances).
                        Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sorry Son !!

                          Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                          Thats easy to say now, but for some reason I think you might change your attitude if McD won us 3 superbowls in 4 years..
                          Sorry Son. But you are highly mistaken. I'm from Miami and I despised what they did to Shula and Marino. And I didn't back JJ one bit. It's not going to happen here. I'll be happy when, and only when, they get some management with some morals and ethics again. They can win 10 superbowls like that and won't mean a thing to me. My favorite Elway days are when he lost, because the battles of Kosar-Elway were just classic. Shanahan just finally gave him a running game to finish it off. But Shanahan is a class act, you know Shula., Landry, Marty, etc.etc. CLASS !!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bert428 View Post
                            Sorry Son. But you are highly mistaken. I'm from Miami and I despised what they did to Shula and Marino. And I didn't back JJ one bit. It's not going to happen here. I'll be happy when, and only when, they get some management with some morals and ethics again. They can win 10 superbowls like that and won't mean a thing to me. My favorite Elway days are when he lost, because the battles of Kosar-Elway were just classic. Shanahan just finally gave him a running game to finish it off. But Shanahan is a class act, you know Shula., Landry, Marty, etc.etc. CLASS !!!
                            Too each his own then. Personally, as long as the guy isn't breaking any laws or rules, he can do as he pleases, as long as he wins some rings.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                              A lot of people seem to be complaining about how McD takes after Belicheck and does too many things the "patriots" would do, like its a bad thing. If you came from the wing of one of the most successful head coaches in the history of the game, wouldn't you want to imitate him as much as you could? Belicheck, while no doubt a tool at times, is a great coach, and more importantly a winner. If we win, I really don't care how many customs he takes from the pats..
                              I, too, think the BB is a great coach. HOF, eventually? Questionable. I'm not going to gloss over the fact that they got caught stealing signals from other teams. Their SB wins and record will forever be questioned in my eyes. I personally think they need an asterisk next to their SB wins, but that's just me.

                              The one thing I do know is that outside the Patriots fan base, nobody likes the Patriots. Nobody. There isn't much middle ground there. They are often thought of as classless. That was always one of my concerns with McD. I don't ever want the Broncos to be a classless organization. That is not our tradition.

                              Back to the point of the post, I think he is making some ground as far as PR. No matter who is the coach or who is competing for a spot on the roster, we are the teams biggest asset!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X