No announcement yet.

Thunders dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know its not as big as when the founder died but I think we should salute the mascot we had for 10 years and 2 superbowl victories and a funny moment where Sharpe kissed him which then led to us all kissing him for luck.
    Thunder I was 21 when he retired how old is Thunder II. Its been 6 maybe only 4 years left enjoy them.
    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

In a way, he was really the only link left to the Super Bowls if you want to look at it that way. I mean, all the players and coaches are gone, so if you're counting the mascot too, he was the last one to go. Kinda ironic that a horse outlasted everyone else, but I guess you can't just get rid of him because he was gettin up there. Hopefully we win a couple Super Bowls with Thunder Jr.
      sigpic
      Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
        You know what's crazy?

About 4 months ago we got a ****-zu (spelling?) puppy that was barely a month old. When we were deciding what to name him we narrowed it down to "Thunder" and "Cutler", now one's dead and the other left town with the circus.

We named him "Cutler", yes, this was all before the whole Mc-Jay gate thing when I saw Cutler's true side. Well, the day he was traded I told my old lady we HAVE TO change the dog's name and she refused becuase he knew his name very well.

So we just call him Kutler with a K?

Karma's a bee-yatch!

I have two labs, one Morton and the Other is Elway, so I did alright there....
        sigpic
        The Bronco fan pledge;
        I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
        I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
        I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
        I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
        Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
          In a way, he was really the only link left to the Super Bowls if you want to look at it that way. I mean, all the players and coaches are gone, so if you're counting the mascot too, he was the last one to go. Kinda ironic that a horse outlasted everyone else, but I guess you can't just get rid of him because he was gettin up there. Hopefully we win a couple Super Bowls with Thunder Jr.
          Thunder retired in 2003. We still had a few Broncos from the Super Bowl victories then, and many are still alive. Just pointing that out.

Comment

THUNDER will be missed!!!!!!

Comment

Time to clone a new one.

Comment

I just read about original Thunder passing away during surgery. He was 27 so that is a pretty ripe old age for a horse. He was just a beautiful horse, so much so that Thunder II doesn't compare. RIP Thunder. :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Coldbrew View Post
                  Thunder retired in 2003. We still had a few Broncos from the Super Bowl victories then, and many are still alive. Just pointing that out.
                  I know, but didn't he still belong to the Broncos after we retired him?
                  sigpic
                  Made by Houshmazode

Comment

I blame McDaniels!

Seriously though, RIP.
                    http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
                    MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.

Comment

How sad.

RIP Thunder

:usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

it's either death or be shipped to the Colts for a draft pick.

Comment

I bet if that horse didnt have to run around infront of 70,000 screaming people, it would of lived a more stress free life and still be here with us today posting on these boards.
                          sigpic

Comment

I felt sad when I heard it!

Just par for the worst Broncos off-season in years.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anikai View Post
                              I bet if that horse didnt have to run around infront of 70,000 screaming people, it would of lived a more stress free life and still be here with us today posting on these boards.
                              It is true that the forum has some horse's asses but I have it on good authority that Thunder was not allowed internet access. His addiction to "Mares Gone Wild" was really quite sad. But hey, let's remember the good times.

Comment

Working...
                              X