Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos shopping Crowder & Moss

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...to-trade-down/

In addition, I’ve also learned that the Denver Broncos are shopping defensive ends Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder.

Moss, a second year veteran out of the University of Florida, has only started 1 game in the past two seasons. In addition, Moss only amassed 12 tackles in 2008, according to NFL.com.

Crowder, a second year vet out of the University of Texas, only appeared in 19 total games for the Broncos since being drafted.
    Looks like we'll go for another OLB in the draft then. :go:

Wow! We are shopping everyone.
    Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

Comment

I think Tampa Bay would be the only possible trade partner for either one. They are switching to Bates' scheme and he was the DC in Denver when those two were drafted to play that scheme.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I would only take that with a grain of salt.

I don't see the Broncos getting much value for them; if anything it might motivate them to work harder in camp and try to prove themselves. If they both know they are being shopped and the Broncos don't get any offers it migt make them hungry to go out and be productive this year.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
          That's because most of them, particularly on defense, suck, including Moss/Crowder.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
            I would only take that with a grain of salt.

I don't see the Broncos getting much value for them; if anything it might motivate them to work harder in camp and try to prove themselves. If they both know they are being shopped and the Broncos don't get any offers it migt make them hungry to go out and be productive this year.
            Yeah, you might be right. I dont think any team will be willing to offer high picks for them.

Comment

What could the Broncos get for these guys? Second day picks? I guess if a team doesnt see anything better on the second day than a couple of 4-3 DE, (who have starting experience) we could get more picks to fill some more needs.

Sometimes 2nd day picks work out really well.

Of course, either of these guys leave, and they could have great careers in a different scheme. Either way, I wish them both the best.
              sigpic
              Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
              -Sean Payton

Comment

Hopefully we can get a couple sixth round picks for'em. At least we get their contracts off the books. :go:
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosNL View Post
                  Yeah, you might be right. I dont think any team will be willing to offer high picks for them.
                  True, but if we can trade one of them (Crowder) for a 3-4th Rnd pick and get a guy like Jasper Brinkley to take their spot in the WOLB competition, it would be an improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by sage View Post
                    True, but if we can trade one of them (Crowder) for a 3-4th Rnd pick and get a guy like Jasper Brinkley to take their spot in the WOLB competition, it would be an improvement.
                    IMO we would have to package both of them to get a 3rd or 4th.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Doesn't surprise me....

I guess they aren't making the transition to the 3-4 as we all hoped they would.

Comment

Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
                        Hopefully we can get a couple sixth round picks for'em. At least we get their contracts off the books. :go:
                        Dont think the contracts are a problem. Crowder is making a whopping 460,000 this year and moss 660,000. The problem is that Crowder has about a zero percent chance of fitting into the 3-4 as he is too small to play end and too big to play backer. He is the prototype body of a 4-3 end. As for Moss he is about a 50/50 chance of being a decent backer in the 3-4. When he came out of college that is where many projected him. I can see us moving Crowder on draft day but I doubt Moss is anything but a Bronco next season

Tim Crowder | Defensive Lineman
                        TEAM: Denver Broncos
                        HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6'4' / 275
                        DOB: 6/30/1985
                        COLLEGE: Texas
                        CONTRACT INFO: 7/27/2007: Signed a four-year, $3 million contract. Details
                        Contract Information for Tim Crowder

7/27/2007: Signed a four-year, $3 million contract. The deal included a $1.31 million signing bonus. 2009: $460,000, 2010: $550,000, 2011: Free Agent

Jarvis Moss | Defensive Lineman
                        TEAM: Denver Broncos
                        HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6'6' / 265
                        DOB: 8/3/1984
                        COLLEGE: Florida
                        CONTRACT INFO
                        Contract Information for Jarvis Moss

7/28/2007: Signed a five-year, $15 million contract. The deal includes $8 million guaranteed. Another $3 million is available through incentives. 2009: $660,000, 2010: $750,000, 2011: $850,000, 2012: Free Agent
                        sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

Trade Rumor Control

Why does every rumored Bronco trade talk appear to hit the press? This can't be good for morale. Who is releasing this information?

Comment

Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24 View Post
                            Dont think the contracts are a problem. Crowder is making a whopping 460,000 this year and moss 660,000. The problem is that Crowder has about a zero percent chance of fitting into the 3-4 as he is too small to play end and too big to play backer. He is the prototype body of a 4-3 end. As for Moss he is about a 50/50 chance of being a decent backer in the 3-4. When he came out of college that is where many projected him. I can see us moving Crowder on draft day but I doubt Moss is anything but a Bronco next season
                            He's the same size as suggs, ware, and merriman. He also ran just as well as any DE/OLB coming into the draft this year. I think he has the potential to be a starter at OLB in a 3-4.

As for Moss...who knows...im still holding out hope that he'll turn into a decent player

Comment

Originally posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
                              They must be shopping Crowder and Moss in the $2.99 bargain bin... along with day-old bagels and used lawn chairs.
                              Sent from my Human Cent-iPad

Comment

Working...
                              X