No announcement yet.

Broncos shopping Crowder & Moss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we are basically starting over... and starting a whole new era, we might as well throw out the crap.

Comment

If Moss and Crowder are really that useless, I wouldn't mind getting any 2nd day pick we could get for both of them.

Comment

does anyone think this could be a smoke screen???

Why would we make this public? We obviously arent going to get squat for these guys. But it will tip our hand as to where we need to draft players....I dont know. I am sure if the right deal came along we would trade them, but it seems a little early to me.

OTOH i suppose if we traded them to a team that has needs there, then that would be one less team we have to worry about taking the guys we want..

So there is that side too. Just seems a little odd to me is all.
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24 View Post
          Dont think the contracts are a problem. Crowder is making a whopping 460,000 this year and moss 660,000. The problem is that Crowder has about a zero percent chance of fitting into the 3-4 as he is too small to play end and too big to play backer. He is the prototype body of a 4-3 end. As for Moss he is about a 50/50 chance of being a decent backer in the 3-4. When he came out of college that is where many projected him. I can see us moving Crowder on draft day but I doubt Moss is anything but a Bronco next season
          Just had to point out that Sean Merriman and Crowder have almost identical height and weight.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosNL View Post
            Looks like we'll go for another OLB in the draft then. :go:
            I am ok with that. I don't think either of them fits in that 3-4 scheme.

boss bailey can be traded too for all I care, I don't understand we they like him so much.
            :nono: :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
              That's because most of them, particularly on defense, suck, including Moss/Crowder.

Jarvis Moss is good, but he couldn't play well... He's been plagued by injuries. I've seen where Crowder's come up big before. Sack/REC.FUm/Fum. Rec for TD.

Comment

Originally posted by CodyRoark View Post
                Jarvis Moss is good, but he couldn't play well... He's been plagued by injuries. I've seen where Crowder's come up big before. Sack/REC.FUm/Fum. Rec for TD.
                Jarvis Moss was the biggest reach in the 07 draft.

Comment

Originally posted by CodyRoark View Post
                  Thats news to me...

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
                    That's because most of them, particularly on defense, suck, including Moss/Crowder.
                    Ding! Ding! Ding!

Comment

Well, I think its pretty safe to say that the 07 draft class was pretty much WORTHLESS.

With the exception of Harris!
                      Last edited by iowabronco24; 04-22-2009, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                        Well, I think its pretty safe to say that the 07 draft class was pretty much WORTHLESS.

With the exception of Harris!
                        Yeah, and I'd add Marcus Thomas to that list.

At least he became a starter and made some plays. The DT position has one of the largest learning curves in the NFL. I only see him getting better, even in a 3-4 scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                          does anyone think this could be a smoke screen???

Why would we make this public? We obviously arent going to get squat for these guys. But it will tip our hand as to where we need to draft players....I dont know. I am sure if the right deal came along we would trade them, but it seems a little early to me.

OTOH i suppose if we traded them to a team that has needs there, then that would be one less team we have to worry about taking the guys we want..

So there is that side too. Just seems a little odd to me is all.
                          Maybe the team/s we shopped them to leaked it
                          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                            Yeah, and I'd add Marcus Thomas to that list.

At least he became a starter and made some plays. The DT position has one of the largest learning curves in the NFL. I only see him getting better, even in a 3-4 scheme.
                            I'll agree with that, especially since he was just a 4th round pick. I actually think he may have more success as a 3-4 DE which is probably what they are going to do with him now. He's fairly quick and has pretty good size.

Comment

Working...
                            X