X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be very unwise IMHO.

BTW, Go Noles!!...hehehehe!

Originally posted by bert428 View Post
    Good Luck with that. I have a sneaky feeling he's going to draft a QB in the first round. Which as 98 per cent of the people here have stated, makes no sense after everything that has transpired.

Comment

i agree. but i think its risky drafting a qb even if the bears dont do well and get a better first rounder. drafting a qb high in this years draft is a mistake. stick to defense and draft rhett bomar in a later round. next year you will have the ammo to trade up to get one of next years top prospects. next years qb class is looking awsome so far. (tbow,bradford ect.)

Comment

U gotta have the lunchmeat before you can make the sandwich.
        sigpic

Comment

I already started a thread that explored this issue in much greater depth and sophistication:

Bottom Line:

Denver gave up the chance to get MUCH better draft picks from the Lions #1 overall, and Redskins#13 among numerous other teams (Bucs, Jets, etc.) because McDaniels wanted a veteran QB and decided that Kyle Orton was the best one available.

If he likes Orton that much, fine! Keep Orton and see what he can do.

IF he felt he needed a franchise QB from THIS season's draft, then he should have forgotten about Orton, taken the better picks, and then either drafted Matt Stafford or Mark Sanchez.

But, it's a total WASTE to take the worse picks in order to get Orton, and then draft a QB, thus relegating Orton to the bench!

For Sanchez to become a useful QB in 2010 he'd have to get some experience THIS season - just like Shanny started Cutler in game 10 of his rookie season.

If Orton is only going to start for 10 games or so, it just wasn't worth it!
          sigpic

Comment

I Agree !!

Originally posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
            That would be very unwise IMHO.

BTW, Go Noles!!...hehehehe!
            Agreed !! Gators for one more year !! Then it's rebuilding time again !!

Comment

Originally posted by omeletpants1 View Post
              of getting all these draft choices for Cutler then using them to draft a rookie, unproven QB?

The Bear's 2010 first rounder has marginal value if the Bear's have a good season and are drafting 26th. What did the Broncos really gain. Not much
              The draft is a crapshoot. Everybody is unproven. It's been like that forever, and it's not going to change
              We're going to take care of business in this year's draft. Whatever happens next year, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, we're going to do what we gotta do. If it's trading up to get Sanchez is what we'll do, then that's what we'll do...
              Really, you can wish this and that, and try to make a wish list of how YOU'd like things to work out, still you won't have any effect or whatsoever on the outcome, especially when the things you talk about are about you still being pissed off at the Cutler trade
              It's over. Time to root for the team and watch how things are going to be put together and how they're going to work out. Don't miss the action by living in the past and about the things you can't control...
              sigpic
              I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                I already started a thread that explored this issue in much greater depth and sophistication:

Bottom Line:

Denver gave up the chance to get MUCH better draft picks from the Lions #1 overall, and Redskins#13 among numerous other teams (Bucs, Jets, etc.) because McDaniels wanted a veteran QB and decided that Kyle Orton was the best one available.

IF he felt he needed a franchise QB from THIS season's draft, then he should have forgotten about Orton, taken the better picks, and then either drafted Matt Stafford or Mark Sanchez.

But, it's a total WASTE to take the worse picks in order to get Orton, and then draft a QB, thus relegating Orton to the bench!

For Sanchez to become a useful QB in 2010 he'd have to get some experience THIS season - just like Shanny started Cutler in game 10 of his rookie season.

I think the reason why we didn't want the deal with Detroit is because the price tag for a #1 pick was going to be too much for us to be able to sign the rest of out draft players. This is according to experts that analyzed the move. Numbers don't lie, the numbers were put on the table, and from the financing side of the equation, it wasn't going to work out for us

Having done the deal with Chicago and getting Orton was a safe move, to cover out butts if you will, so that we'd still have a QB, and not necessarily a trade of Cutler for Orton plus picks
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocksteady5150 View Post
                  i agree. but i think its risky drafting a qb even if the bears dont do well and get a better first rounder. drafting a qb high in this years draft is a mistake. stick to defense and draft rhett bomar in a later round. next year you will have the ammo to trade up to get one of next years top prospects. next years qb class is looking awsome so far. (tbow,bradford ect.)
                  That's what I'm thinking. I doubt we'll move up to get Sanchez, but again, we don't know that
                  Rhett Bomar is listed as the 5th best QB in the draft by some websites behind; Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman and Pat White
                  Rhett Bomar is probably going 3rd behind Stafford and Sanchez next Saturday. A lot of people like him, but everybody is quiet and holding their card close to the vest. I too hope we get Bomar in the 3rd round...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon X View Post
                    This thread was necessary.
                    Your posts are not very intelligent... Are you a Broncos fan or a Brian Dawkins fan?
                    Go Broncos!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockies3384 View Post
                      Your posts are not very intelligent... Are you a Broncos fan or a Brian Dawkins fan?
                      I'm assuming you've never seen another one of my posts. I'm a long time Broncos fan who hadn't taken the time to actually register on these forums until we signed Dawkins. If you're concerned with the way I post maybe you could offer some in depth lessons on the proper way to express my opinion on these forums without offending you and giving you a case of butthurtitis over a post directed at someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post

Bottom Line:

First of all no one really knows what the other teams were offering, so we can't assume McD turned down better deals because of Orton. For all we know Detroit and Washington were only offering 1 1st rounder. I assume that the deal we got from Chicago was the best over all.

Also drafting a first round QB wouldn't be a step back because our previous QB didn't want to play for us anymore. So it isn't like Denver has a choice, but to move on from Cutler. Cutler may have made the statements that he wanted to remain a Bronco, but his actions said other wise. Remember actions speak louder than words.

Comment

Originally posted by omeletpants1 View Post
                          of getting all these draft choices for Cutler then using them to draft a rookie, unproven QB?

The Bear's 2010 first rounder has marginal value if the Bear's have a good season and are drafting 26th. What did the Broncos really gain. Not much
                          Who said they gained anything? And what purpose? If you happen to know why McDidn'tItellyouIwasamoron got rid of a top 5 QB for a, well, not top 5 QB, by all means, share it with the rest of us.
                          All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

That's wonderful, and every time I see a new thread that could easily be covered in another preexisting thread I'll make the same comment. I've never stated that I feel my was of thinking is any better than another persons, but when they're making threads just to guarantee some kind of acknowledgment from other posters it gets pretty redundant when it's actually completely unnecessary. So let me steal a line from you, "These are message boards. If ya dont like the song feel free to turn the radio off"
                            So you absurdly add to the post that you don't think should exist in the first place? Awesome. Absolutely Brilliant. Thanks for the contribution, I am officially glad I woke up this morning.
                            All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                              So you absurdly add to the post that you don't think should exist in the first place? Awesome. Absolutely Brilliant. Thanks for the contribution, I am officially glad I woke up this morning.
                              I'm adding to the thread in which I stated my personal opinion and had another member of this board call me out on it. So, in turn, you've added to a thread that I believe in unnecessary by quoting me which has resulted in me posting again because people feel the need to quote me and question my motives for posting my opinion. See what people don't understand is it's not that I don't think the post the op made shouldn't exist, I believe that there are plenty of other threads in which his post could have been made in and creating a whole new thread for your 'opinion' which has been stated by who knows how many people on this board is completely unnecessary. Thanks for waking up, I'm honored that you've taken time out of your day to notice me.

Comment

That's wonderful, and every time I see a new thread that could easily be covered in another preexisting thread I'll make the same comment. I've never stated that I feel my was of thinking is any better than another persons, but when they're making threads just to guarantee some kind of acknowledgment from other posters it gets pretty redundant when it's actually completely unnecessary. So let me steal a line from you, "These are message boards. If ya dont like the song feel free to turn the radio off"
                                I LoL to myself every time I read a post like this. You don’t like the fact that people repost things that are similar to other posts already made; however I don’t care what other people post or if I am posting something already posted. I am not going to search through forums every time I feel like posting something to satisfy people like you, keep on calling people out its hilarious.
                                sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Working...
                                X