legitimate question looking for legitimate answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legitimate question looking for legitimate answer

can some one plz explain to me why everyone assumes orten will start? i mnean hes horrible im pretty sure simms will beat him out of the starting position so basically im askijng if there is something i have missed or am not aware of
    go broncos

Originally posted by broncos_fan88 View Post
    can some one plz explain to me why everyone assumes orten will start? i mnean hes horrible im pretty sure simms will beat him out of the starting position so basically im askijng if there is something i have missed or am not aware of
    Because Ortons stats are far better and he's just far better not to mention Clady would be on Ortons blind side and would be wasted on a lefty like Simms
    "Just waiting for the draft"

Kyle Orton Army Fan Club #33

Comment

Maybe because Simms hasn't thrown a pass in about 2 years and Orton put up decent numbers on a terrible offense last year?

Comment

Why do you assume that Orton is a bad QB? It is not fair to judge him for his time spent in Chicago. That team has not had any kind of a passing attack since Jim McMahon. Even then they were still known as a pound it out run team. That place has been a place where QB's and WR's go to die. He is used to a spread offense from his time at Purdue so this new scheme should fit him. I would much rather see him start over Simms, I don't know why, I just do. I think it has somthing to do with lefties, I just don't like them (with the exception of Steve Young). If it doesn't work out this year, package next years picks to move up and get Colt McCoy :salute!:

Comment

can some one plz explain to me why everyone assumes orten will start? i mean hes horrible im pretty sure simms will beat him out of the starting position so basically im asking if there is something i have missed or am not aware of
          I have said that comes opening day that Orton may not be the starter QB
          Of course he's the odds on favorite to be the starter because he's the better QB we have. Nothing wrong with Simms. Simms is working his way back into the NFL and a lot remain to be seen as to where he's at right now. IMO it's got nothing to do with having gotten Orton in the trade that involved Cutler, just that the guy will be in much better shape to be the starter
          Both Orton and Simms will be competing for the starting job along with a 3rd QB to be brought in, which we don't know if it will be from the draft or from some other venue
          I believe that they want 3 QB's strong enough to compete, and not just make it a two-way race between Orton and Simms...
          sigpic
          I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Because Simms isn't even better than Major Applewhite.

Trust me, I went to Texas with them.
            sigpic

Comment

Well techniquely Simms should start, he is making 3 million and Orton only 1 mill. So finacialy simms should be the starter, but its an open battle. I got a feeling that Simms will actually win, the guy just has the presence that i really like.
              sigpic

Comment

Starting Bronco QB

I'm not a coach or I wouldn't be on this side of the board. But, I will give my input. I would let Orton and Simms compete between now and July, but come July the team, especially the offense, needs a labeled starting QB. It just stabelizes and solidifies things. Football players don't like to be held in check over who the starting QB is and I don't think that a team can afford to go into training camp with a "?" at the QB position. Of course injuries can nulify all of that, but I'm going on the premise that both Orton and Simms will be health.

Comment

Simms is actually 2 years older than Orton but Orton has more game experience and starts.

Simms is 28 and has started 13 games
                  Orton is 26 and has started 31 games

Simms was brought in as a backup to Cutler and I think the competition is really a chance for the coaching staff to see Simms under fire. For Orton they could just look at his last year tape and for a first year coach allowing equal competition between the two really is a way to win over the team and allows for the natural leadership qualities of them to step forward without looking as though either was just given the job or was the handpicked replacement for Cutler.

This is shaping up beautifully for McDaniels .He talked about competition at various positions and then there is the aura of a "allegedly" selfish QB. Well they get in return a guy who is saying and doing all the right things while earning the respect of his teammates in a competition .A coach wants a QB who is a extension of his philosophy and Orton imo is essentially that right now for McDaniels.
                  "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

Simms was meh in Tampa Bay, and hasnt really been a beacon of talent since his last game there.

Orton has at least attempted more than junk passes and preseason work in the past two years.
                    sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

is something i have missed or am not aware of
                      My guess would be school....

Comment

Orton isn't remotely "Horrible." He's not remotely an elite QB like Cutler and it's doubtful he'll be a perennial pro-bowler, but he's adequate.

He could be the next Brian Griese with some luck! Griese after all went to the pro-bowl one year.

Long term he wasn't the answer and it's doubtful that Orton is either, but he could lead the team to the playoffs in 2010 if they can get the defense straightened out!

[For those of you fools who don't think Cutler is one of the top 10 young QBs in the league -- why did all those teams (Lions, Bucs, Bears, Redskins, Jets, etc.) offer multiple first round draft picks, plus other draft picks, plus veteran players, etc.? ]
                        sigpic

Comment

orten mnean askijng
                          normally if you're going to write an "against the grain" thread you should at least do a better job looking over what you wrote...
                          Chicago Bears- Hey our fans aren't stupid, just insane

Comment

Originally posted by goalforgould View Post
                            normally if you're going to write an "against the grain" thread you should at least do a better job looking over what you wrote...
                            There's always at least one guy that has to point out the spelling/grammar mistakes of the OP.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                              Orton isn't remotely "Horrible." He's not remotely an elite QB like Cutler and it's doubtful he'll be a perennial pro-bowler, but he's adequate.

He could be the next Brian Griese with some luck! Griese after all went to the pro-bowl one year.

Long term he wasn't the answer and it's doubtful that Orton is either, but he could lead the team to the playoffs in 2010 if they can get the defense straightened out!

[For those of you fools who don't think Cutler is one of the top 10 young QBs in the league -- why did all those teams (Lions, Bucs, Bears, Redskins, Jets, etc.) offer multiple first round draft picks, plus other draft picks, plus veteran players, etc.? ]
                              He's gone. He's not coming back.

Can we PLZ just drop the issue?
                              You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X