Josh is second guessing himself - Or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh is second guessing himself - Or Not

Just wondering if you guy's think that maybe Josh is re-thinking or questioning himself about his off Season....

He delt the ProBowl QB for Picks and states that Orton & Simms are Great QB's for his system. Good Trade for the Value

He then saids that we need more picks and to secure other holes on the Team. We look in great shape with our first rd picks and most of you guys are very happy with having the picks for defense...

Now we are said to want to trade some of those picks to get Sanchezzzz...

Why would he want him, if you believed Josh when he said that Orton or Simms were his guys and next years draft is so much deeper at QB and he doesn't believe that the other Guy will be that good which means that we would have a low pick in next years draft from the Bears....

I am just not getting it...Use the picks for Defense and get Orton out of here for the Sanchez pick and ride Simms for a few years.

If we give theses picks up to get Mark then it's got to make sense to you guys that Josh is in over his head.
    We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

What is funny is we will probably have to give up our higher pick to get Sanchez. So now we have less ammo than we did with Cutler to get defensive help. What a great idea!

Comment

we're not actually targeting him, IMO its a smokescreen
      2013 Packers GM - Check my profile for trade block and draft picks.

Comment

Originally posted by skate_d3 View Post
        Some people just don't understand the draft, you can't blame them for that....Flame, I don't think we are looking to add Sanchez, McD would literally be digging his own grave if he were to give up two picks for the Chez. I wouldn't sweat it....
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theflammer View Post
          Just wondering if you guy's think that maybe Josh is re-thinking or questioning himself about his off Season....

He delt the ProBowl QB for Picks and states that Orton & Simms are Great QB's for his system. Good Trade for the Value

He then saids that we need more picks and to secure other holes on the Team. We look in great shape with our first rd picks and most of you guys are very happy with having the picks for defense...

Why would he want him, if you believed Josh when he said that Orton or Simms were his guys and next years draft is so much deeper at QB and he doesn't believe that the other Guy will be that good which means that we would have a low pick in next years draft from the Bears....

I am just not getting it...Use the picks for Defense and get Orton out of here for the Sanchez pick and ride Simms for a few years.

If we give theses picks up to get Mark then it's got to make sense to you guys that Josh is in over his head.
          Amen. It has to be bogus (misinformation)... otherwise, why turn down the WASH offer? He said he "wanted" Orton, right? I think they want Moreno, and are afraid someone may try to jump ahead of them...

Comment

Originally posted by skate_d3 View Post
            exactly....you cannot trust a word any gm or coach says right now

i'm not sold on mcdaniels yet but this is not something he should get any crap for....lets see how the draft pans out and then lets bash him some more but seriously, you can;t take anything said as gospel in the weeks before the draft

Comment

I doubt it's for Sanchez, I believe it's for Tyson Jackson. Jackson will not get past the Packers at 9 and Jackson is the only true 3-4 de in the entire draft.

Comment

yeah I personally think if the skins don't trade up to get Sanchez and if Cleveland and Seattle pass on Sanchez then Sanchez will be available at 12. If this happens then we can feign interest in Sanchez and trade the 12 pick to the skins for the 13th and another late round pick and still nab the defensive player we were going to get at 13.

Assuming the skins aren't too hasty to trade for Sanchez early I think we could make out from pretending to have interest in the guy who only started 16 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco in UT View Post
                  Some people just don't understand the draft, you can't blame them for that....Flame, I don't think we are looking to add Sanchez, McD would literally be digging his own grave if he were to give up two picks for the Chez. I wouldn't sweat it....
                  Great Point and this is my over all thought is that maybe he thinks that other teams might contact them through out the Night for Mark's pick or maybe even a Orton trade.

I think he is leaving the Door open inorder to get more picks for him and I think Orton could be a pick or two for later rounds or even next years darft.

I am Fine with anything other then giving up picks to move up....I wouldn't mind having Mark just don't give up the draft for him...
                  Last edited by theflammer; 04-24-2009, 09:36 AM.
                  We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

Comment

Diversion!

Thanks for this thread. I think I agree that the threat may be to create a distraction which may otherwise assist in the draft. That works!

Comment

If hes not second guessing the trade now, he will be when the season is over and he is being fired.. as for the draft like alot of you are saying i think it has to be a smoke screen. He would be killed if he traded 2 1st for sanchezs. but i wouldnt put it past him. Im hoping that hes got other things in mind while hes thowing all these things out.
                      It sounds like per all the reports, that he is indeed looking to trade up and is most likely telling these teams that he is doing it for sanchez but hes prob looking at raji or something.
                      Also not much talk about it this morning but its interesting that he has been trying to look into trading for quinn.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have been on the side of giving McDaniels a chance to show us something on the field before we throw him under the bus, but I do agree with you here. It makes no sense to trade up to get Sanchez when other teams were offering better picks and McD didn't take them because he wanted Orton. I will wait and see what we do until after the draft, I'm not going to get upset over speculation because every team has that leading up to the draft. If Sanchez, by some crazy situation, is available at 12, fine. I won't have a big problem with that, but if a trade is made to get him then I think McDaniels will lose all credibility that some of us are still giving him.

Here is a good article that backs up your points -

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...t-mark-sanchez
                        Posted by DrunkPanda immediately after Denver took Knowshon Moreno with the 12th pick in the 1st round

"obviously [email protected] is very confused. he tihnks he is still the offensive coordinator, not the headcoach. he will probably draft offense with the rest of his picks, forgetting that defensive positions even exist in football"

Let's see how this hilarious prediction unfolds is as the draft continues.

Comment

It BETTER be a smoke-screen! That's all I can say!

From the other thread:

I've already started a thread on this days ago:

The bottom line is that the Broncos COULD have gotten all the teams interested in Cutler in a bidding war, and seen how high the bidding might go!

After all, the Giants gave up the #4 pick of the draft, plus a 3rd rounder in 2004, plus a 1st round pick (which turned out to be #12 in 2005), to the Chargers all for Eli Manning. And Manning at that point was just a great prospect who had never played in the NFL! The Chargers wound up getting Phillip Rivers, OLB Shawne Merriman and K Nate Kaeding out of the deal!

Cutler as a proven 3 year pro-bowl QB who is only 25, should theoretically have been worth MORE than Eli Manning when he was a rookie! (or at least as much).

That's the kind of deal Denver SHOULD have been seeking!

The Lions were (and still are) desperate to trade out of their #1 overall pick. They probably could have been convinced to trade it straight up for Cutler, in which case the Broncos could have drafted Matt Stafford, who is considered by most experts the best QB in the draft.

Or, it the Broncos didn't want that pick (with it's huge salary commitment), there were a BUNCH of other teams who wanted Cutler!

Redskins owner Dan Snyder was desperate to trade for Cutler and offered better draft picks than the Bears -- #13 as opposed to #18, plus a 1st rounder in 2010 that would probably ALSO be better than the Bears pick (Redskins are in a tough division with the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles, all better teams than them).

Snyder might well have been willing to offer more even MORE if McDaniels gave him the chance! We all know what a big spender Dan Snyder is! He absolutely LOVES big-name FAs (as he proved by signing Albert Haynesworth) -- an NO trade (well ever) has offered a 25 year old pro-bowl QB! Snyder could have been pressed to over-pay for Cutler. He's locked in a division with Eli Manning, Tony Romo and Donovan McNabb and he's got Patrick Ramsay?

Denver might well have been able to wrangle a 1st and a 2nd round this season, plus Patrick Ramsay which would have been a vastly better deal than what they got!

The Jets were also miffed that the Broncos didn't even get back to them and let them make an attempt to top the other teams' offers. They had the #17 pick, one ahead of the Bears. Who knows what they might have done to top other teams' offers. McDaniels didn't even bother to return their calls (they didn't have a QB to offer).

The Bucs also tried to trade for Cutler, they were the first team involved in the three way deal -- draft pick to N.E. for Cassel to Denver and Cutler to Tampa. How high would they have gone to secure Cutler? We don't know because McDaniels wasn't interested!

Denver could have played all these teams off against one another. But, McDaniels was determined to seek a VETERAN starter as part of the deal. That automatically eliminated most of the teams who had no QB to offer Denver in return.

The deal then came down to the Redskins (Patrick Ramsay) or the Bears (Kyle Orton) and he picked Orton!

Well, WHAT THE HELL WAS THE POINT OF THROWING AWAY ALL THOSE OPPORTUNITIES TO GET BETTER AND MORE DRAFT PICKS IF THEY'RE JUST GOING TO TAKE KYLE ORTON AND PLAY HIM FOR 10 GAMES OR SO?

And anybody who thinks the Broncos could sit Sanchez for a season or two doesn't understand NFL salaries. The #12 pick will get at least $12-15 million guaranteed on a $25-30 million contract. The #8 pick even more (closer to $19-20 million guranteed) and closer to $35-40 million total. Last year DE Derrick Harvey #8 got $17 million guaranteed and Ryan Clady (#12) $11.4 million guaranteed and it will be more this year.

You can't pay a player that much money and sit him for any length of time! It just takes up too much of your salary cap to have such an expensive player sitting and not playing!

Plus, McDaniels needs to win 10 games (at least) and get into the playoffs by 2010 at the latest to keep his job.

He's going to need an experienced QB to do that. If he drafts a rookie he'll have to play him THIS year in order to get that experience so that NEXT year when he's forced to start he is ready to lead the team to the playoffs!

So, if McDaniels actually DOES draft Sanchez that will only prove he's a complete and total ASS-HAT!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theflammer View Post
                            Has anyone inside the Broncos organization said officially and on the record that Denver will trade up to get at Sanchez?

Or are you basing that on the so-called "experts" on ESPN, etc, claiming that the Broncos just gotta get Sanchez? Coupled with a very late workout of Sanchez that McD begged off from bothering to go to?

It's all smoke and mirrors. They're hoping to scare some other team into grabbing Sanchez rather than taking someone the Broncos really want - like a good nose tackle - before Denver's first pick...
                            "That's a crap question."
                            - Kyle Orton

Comment

Ed Werder did report that Josh McDaniels did tell him that no player in this draft is worth the 2 1st round draft picks and there is a 1% chance they will trade into the top 5.

Comment

Working...
                              X