Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncoholic07 View Post
    so true.
    he does make some of the hardest catches.
    But then again, has Peyton Hillis dropped a ball. I'm not sure, but he sure cought one amazing catch.

B.Marsh is still getting feeling back in his hand, and Royal is so young and has made his fair share of great catches. I think we have some pretty good hands out there, lets just hope our new QB can get them the ball and their timing is good.
    Last edited by SlyBronco; 04-25-2009, 12:28 AM.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

yeah i know he is young!!!
      and it is not true about the whole they'll get better at catching as their careers go on. look at TO. remember B-marshall is baby TO
      TO just doesnt want to break a nail, so he makes sure he catches the ball completely with all skin, if the ball appears to have potential to hurt a nail then he just fumbles it around.
      Chicago Bears- Hey our fans aren't stupid, just insane

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
        But then again, has Peyton Hillis dropped a ball. I'm not sure, but he sure cought one amazing catch.

B.Marsh is still getting feeling back in his hand, and Royal is so young and has made his fair share of great catches. I think we have some pretty good hands out there, lets just hope our new QB can get them the ball and their timing is good.
        i think he has and hes not a receiver.
        but dude i have to agree with you, that catch he made when he got hurt was probably the best catch of the year.
        Why I'd rather have McD over Shany.

Plain and Simple.

McD- A coach that can turn a 6th round QB
        Into a Franchise QB ( Tom Brady)

Shany- A coach that can turn a 6th RB
        Into a Franchise RB( Terrell Davis):salute!:
        I love you tho TD

Comment

i think he has and hes not a receiver.
          but dude i have to agree with you, that catch he made when he got hurt was probably the best catch of the year.
          To be honest Hillis' hands were probably the best on our team last year lol. He just caught the ball so softly, it reminded me of Tony Gonzalez, I'm pretty sure he didn't have a drop last year.

Comment

Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
            To be honest Hillis' hands were probably the best on our team last year lol. He just caught the ball so softly, it reminded me of Tony Gonzalez, I'm pretty sure he didn't have a drop last year.
            lol dude stop talking about that catch.
            i cant get it out of my head lol.
            im probably going to be dreaming about that catch.
            then i'll be dreaming about rey rey when he smashes cutler in the denver bears game in preseason. lol its a dream and reys plays for the broncos.
            Why I'd rather have McD over Shany.

Plain and Simple.

McD- A coach that can turn a 6th round QB
            Into a Franchise QB ( Tom Brady)

Shany- A coach that can turn a 6th RB
            Into a Franchise RB( Terrell Davis):salute!:
            I love you tho TD

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerRules
              IMO Cutler made these guys. Some will still be pretty effective like Scheffler and Marshall should still produce a bit, but Royal is going to disappear. Cutler especially made him.

Yeah, I said it.

C'mon dude all Cutler did was throw it to Marshall..no matter what I think everyone's numbers will go up marshalls might drop 100-200 yards :salute!:
              "Just waiting for the draft"

Kyle Orton Army Fan Club #33

Comment

IMO Cutler made these guys. Some will still be pretty effective like Scheffler and Marshall should still produce a bit, but Royal is going to disappear. Cutler especially made him.

Yeah, I said it.

Royal is not going to disappear. He is already a great route runner and he was only a rookie last year. I haven't seen a rookie run routes that well in a long time.
                sigpic

Comment

yeah i know he is young!!!
                  and it is not true about the whole they'll get better at catching as their careers go on. look at TO. remember B-marshall is baby TO
                  Well, teams have to game plan for Marshall, not necessarily Eddie. Eddie is very talented, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't face nearly as many double teams.

Let's also not forget the fact that Marshall has caught 100 balls two years in a row. That is a very elite group to be mentioned in.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Some will still be pretty effective like Scheffler and Marshall should still produce a bit, but I am going to disappear. Cutler especially made me blush when he smiled on camera that one time.
                    Yeah, I said it.

We applaud your courageous confession
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

but Royal is going to disappear.
                      Just to let you know. If you really think "royal is going to disappear" then you don't have a grasp of the NFL you may think you have.

You may have to study a little more before you post again, just so you won't sound as inept as you do right now. IMO

:go:

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I said it.

I think it takes two to tango. But these receivers are something special and barring any off the field BS, they will be an anchor for our offense for many years.

But to address your point, go back and look at Eddie Royal's catch in that Cleveland game. I know its just one catch, but it encompasses how Royal helped Cutler. The play happened bcz Royal ran a route that almost made the DB fall down. For more evidence, go look at the game against the Raiders and how foolish Eddie Royal made Deangelo Hall look because of SUPERIOR route running. As for Brandon, he makes crazy catches and then picks up 20 more yards which helped Cuts numbers.

One final point, Royal is SELF made. As a rookie, as soon as he was drafted he texted Brandon Stokely to get advice on being a better receiver, then he got the Bronco's playbook early and studied it so that by the time he went to camp he already had most of the playbook memorized while the rest of the rooks were just learning it. That allowed him to focus on technique. He wasnt even supposed to be one of our primary receivers when drafted, he was just a KR guy. He came into camp and took the #2 spot with hard work. So no, Cutler didnt make him.
                        Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

Yeah, I said it.
                          If I were you, I wouldn't be so proud of saying such nonsense.

How on earth did Cutler make Royal? Royal was wide open the majority of the time, and has hands like glue. If anything, Royal made Cutler's job a lot easier. It's nice to have a rookie come in and get 1000 yds of offense.

Per the OP, I think Royal will eventually emerge as the better receiver. He's very refined, can beat the press, runs amazing routes, is quicker, faster, and has better hands than Marshall. Brandon's just more "prototypical" so he will get more hype for a while. But I think their stats in the new offense will be pretty even. If utilized correctly, he's the perfect safety net because he plays so intelligently and he gets open so quickly.
                          "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                            We applaud your courageous confession
                            Hahaha Awesome post thanks for giving me a good laugh :salute!:
                            "Just waiting for the draft"

Kyle Orton Army Fan Club #33

Comment

Working...
                            X