Anyone else feel the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else feel the same?

What do Brian Greise and Delta O'neal have in common? To me, I think they were gotten rid of before their time. I still think Greise could of worked out and done some great things for us, and I am certain Detha was just having problems at home or something similar and his mind was off the game, I keep thinking what it would be like if Deltha was back in his pro-bowl form and champ was on the other side, now that would be an impressive secondary. Does anyone else think we got rid of them a little pre-maturely, or am I just a little insane?

Re: Anyone else feel the same?

Originally posted by EMCF
    What do Brian Greise and Delta O'neal have in common? To me, I think they were gotten rid of before their time. I still think Greise could of worked out and done some great things for us, and I am certain Detha was just having problems at home or something similar and his mind was off the game, I keep thinking what it would be like if Deltha was back in his pro-bowl form and champ was on the other side, now that would be an impressive secondary. Does anyone else think we got rid of them a little pre-maturely, or am I just a little insane?
    You are insane. I liked Griese at one time, but he just didnt prove himself. You may have a point with Deltha. But at cornerback, a coach doesnt have the luxury of letting you constantly get burned. I hope Lelie doesnt fall into that group.

Comment

I still think we should of kept Deltha for this years training camp, I think Williams would of fallen to our position anyways. Don't be surprised if the Bengals get a great CB out of him this year.

Comment

I still think we should of kept Deltha for this years training camp, I think Williams would of fallen to our position anyways. Don't be surprised if the Bengals get a great CB out of him this year.
        Did you see Wilfork last night. He looked awesome, I wish we could have picked him up. I still like DJ. I also thought Watson looked good. I thought we had a chance at both of those players.

Anyway, I think our coaching staff has a problem developing cb's.
        We draft to many not to have any of them amount to anything. That is why I think Deltha may do good in Cinci, and wouldnt have done much for us.

Comment

Its not like Deltha never produced at all, he just stopped producing one year. I think Shanny made a bad move dealing him away, oh well. I would of loved wilfork too, I think Spragan or Peirce would of been fine opposite sykes.

Comment

Its not like Deltha never produced at all, he just stopped producing one year. I think Shanny made a bad move dealing him away, oh well. I would of loved wilfork too, I think Spragan or Peirce would of been fine opposite sykes.
            I think Middlebrooks lack of development is also a result of poor player development. Yeah, we sure would have been straight if Gold would have signed and we drafted Wilfork

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
              I think Middlebrooks lack of development is also a result of poor player development. Yeah, we sure would have been straight if Gold would have signed and we drafted Wilfork
              Remember that Middlebrooks has been battleing injury, he is finally healthy this year, hopefully he does well.

Comment

As some on this board may know, Brian Griese was and still is "my boy". he had flashes of greatness. He definately received too much of the blame for our average seasons. (man, i wish he was Jake's back-up) As for Deltha, i liked him, but he got burned more than he made plays.

Comment

Ever since the Broncos traded him to Marvin Lewis's team I've forseen some sort of turn-around for Deltha O'Neal. It's happened before and it'll most likely happen again.

Brian Griese fell off the wagon. He was an aloof quarterback, immobile, and had a weak arm. He could be deadly-accurate when on a roll, then in the same game throw an interception and just kill all his confidence. I think the Jets game did him in where he threw that INT on the last drive. I don't see much of a recovery for Griese; his confidence just imploded.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                  - Carl Sagan

Comment

I think Wall & Herndon with Bailey on the otherside are each an improvement. So far they have shown to be more consistent than O'neil. Hopefully he will have success with the Bengals, except when we play them on MNF.
                    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Apparently, the rest of the league doesnt think much of them. Seeing as how we didnt get much for them.

Comment

What are you smokeing?? Are either one of them starting much less playing on any team this year!! Yes your insane !

Whats even further to the point of pathetic, is some in this post are speaking of a deranged aspect, of either of them doing any good or (ever in the NFL)??? Please! Wake me from the usless pipe dream of when (Griese or O'neal) ------ do anything in the NFL !!
                        Last edited by jocool; 09-10-2004, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Brian Griese and Deltha O'neal were and are bums. Throw Lelie into the same catagory. I laughed my behind off when Romo came out and basically called Griese p---y!!! I don't think Romo was ever more right on something. If Romo was still playing for the Broncos I think he'd say the same about Lelie.

Comment

Well, seeings how Griese is STILL nothing but a backup, and deltha is on the mend with a bum ankle, though getting pushed HARD from their draftee Ratliff, I'd say Denver shouldn't have to worry about losing out on their 'play'.

Gotta love her
                            Originally Posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                            .... i wanted to offend nobody besides rushmore.
                            Originally Posted by Alastor
                            ......Intelligence isn't anything on wisdom or character

Comment

I would have liked to see champ take deltha under his wing, but that didnt happen, sigh!
                              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X