Clear All

• UDFA Signed

Denver has already signed 3 Undrafted Free Agents

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2009/...ings-list.html

DL Everette Pedescleaux (Northern Iowa) 6'6 305
    CB Dominique Johnson (Jackson St) 6'2 200
    WR Lucas Taylor (Tennessee) 6'0 185
    WR Nate Swift (Nebraska) 6'2 195
    DT Chris Baker (Penn State/Hampton) 6'2 326 (I loved him at Penn State. Had a lot of off the field issues. If he's got them cleaned up, he will produce. He was dominant while playing for PSU)
    CB Tony Carter (FSU) 5'9 177
    LB Lee Robinson (Alcorn State) 6'2 249
    TE Marquez Branson (Central Arkansas) 6'2 241
    WR David Grimes (Notre Dame) 5'10 177
    P Britton Colquitt (Tennessee) 6'3 205 (I remember him being regarded as the best punter in all of college football. I like Kern, but wouldn't be surprised to see this kid steal his spot)
    DE Rulon Davis (Cal) 6'5 281
    Last edited by Italianmobstr7; 04-27-2009, 10:10 AM. Reason: Updated players drafted

Wow, that was quick :go:

Comment

Found this on Pedescleaux

Monday, April 13... DE/DT Everette Pedescleaux… 6-5, 305, Northern Iowa… Canada’s Vaughn Martin maybe the biggest defensive line sleeper prospect in the 2009 draft class, but the most intriguing, at least from a pure size/athleticism perspective is Northern Iowa’s Everette Pedescleaux; indeed, Pedescleaux is one of the most intriguing physical specimens on the defensive line period! Pedescleaux was originally recruited at Minnesota as a 6-6, 240-pound basketball power forward who was a ‘Mr. Basketball’ finalist in the state, but switched to football when he arrived on campus. Pedescleaux, though, transferred to NIU after only one year at Minnesota during which he was charged with shoplifting a CD from a local computer store. Pedescleaux, in fact, had rather undistinguished sophomore and junior seasons at Northern Iowa, but blossomed this past fall when he had 6.5 sacks and 5 other tackles for loss despite being double-teamed on most plays. While the production hasn’t always been there, there is no questioning Pedecleaux’s athletic potential. He has grown up to be a full-sized 305-pounder who is very light on his feet and ran just under 5-seconds flat at his pro day workout. Pedescleaux has an especially quick first step for a big man and is a long strider who goes hard in pursuit; he also has long arms and has been a big-play special teamer who blocked 7 kicks during his college career. Pedescleaux has adequate strength - he did 22 reps on the bench at his pro day - and can hold the point of attack, but needs to add strength, although he has the frame to add extra muscle. Pedescleaux, though, is still very raw from a technical standpoint and doesn’t always find the ball. While still raw, Pedescleaux possesses a ton of upside and potential, particularly as a 3-4 DE, although 4-3 teams like the Giants may also be tempted to take a later round flyer on him as a sometime DE who can slide inside on passing downs.

Comment

Anybody know much about these undrafted FA's? I don't understand the WR position. We seem to be pretty set on that but he keeps on bringing more and more WR in.
        http://yfrog.com/5ebroncoseddieroyalj

Comment

Love the Johnson pick up
          sigpic

Comment

is there a reason we needed another wide receiver?

Comment

Lucas Taylor is average at best. Perhaps they saw something in him that could be developed? I don't know. What I do know is that he wasn't very great at UT...certainly not one of the better receivers to come from what used to be known as wide receiver U back years ago.

Comment

Dominique Johnson, CB, Jackson State (Senior)
                Height: 6’2”
                Weight: 200 lbs
                40 Time: n/a
                Vertical: n/a

POSITIVES
                • Great size
                • Very long arms – excellent at getting a jam and re-routing receivers
                • Very good speed
                • Great break on the football

NEGATIVES
                • Poor fundamentals – quick to abandon his back peddle and turn to run with receivers
                • Doesn’t get very involved in the run game
                • Doesn’t face top receivers (FCS school)

KEY STATS
                • 9 career INTs at Jackson State
                • Transfer from Missouri (17 tackles, 2 INTs)

ANALYSIS
                Is Johnson this year’s version of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie? I personally don’t think he’ll make such a splash at the Senior Bowl and combine, but his size and speed are pretty impressive and will draw a lot of attention. I could see Johnson’s stock rising making him a second rounder.

Comment

What is going on with these WR...I am scratching my head on this one, i dont see where these are justified

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                    Found this on Pedescleaux
                    A big guy who is also a special teamer

Very nice...thanks for posting
                    sigpic
                    Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                    -Sean Payton

Comment

it just says we got another wr swift from nebraska

Comment

Originally posted by BigJuan View Post
                        They must know something we dont know. They must be planning to trade Marshall. Wouldnt suprise me anymore....
                        http://yfrog.com/5ebroncoseddieroyalj

Comment

Originally posted by BigJuan View Post
                          Where did you find this.

We dont need anymore WRs, but I loved nate swift when he played for us here in Nebraska.

Comment

It's pretty obvious that McDaniels is mainly focusing on special teams. Imo, he is bringing in WR's and DB's for gunner purposes and if they happen to show actual talent then they get tried out for for their specific positions. Shanny always had a good nose for undrafted guys, lets hope he left the magic in Denver :go:

Comment

Denver Post says we signed Alcorn State linebacker Lee Robinson.

Comment

Working...
                              X