In 3 months, we've become a 3rd tier team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In 3 months, we've become a 3rd tier team

Really folks? This message board, Bronco's fans, and even the team itself seem to become complacent with losing.

The mentality now is "let's try to have a winning record in 2009" or "we're rebuilding." A year ago, what Bronco fan was satisfied with the Bronco's having a "winning record?" Or "let's look to next years draft pick in the top 10."

If anyone can honestly tell me that the mentality of this organization hasn't changed since McD#$ckhead became the coach is LYING!

We went from a "year or two away from the Superbowl" to a "year or two away from the playoffs." Way to go Pat, you are in line to be the next Al Davis.

Thank god I now live in AZ, where I can at least "pretend" to like the Cardinals and hope to watch a team with a winning record this year,

Originally posted by jt348 View Post
    Really folks? This message board, Bronco's fans, and even the team itself seem to become complacent with losing.

The mentality now is "let's try to have a winning record in 2009" or "we're rebuilding." A year ago, what Bronco fan was satisfied with the Bronco's having a "winning record?" Or "let's look to next years draft pick in the top 10."

If anyone can honestly tell me that the mentality of this organization hasn't changed since McD#$ckhead became the coach is LYING!

We went from a "year or two away from the Superbowl" to a "year or two away from the playoffs." Way to go Pat, you are in line to be the next Al Davis.

Thank god I now live in AZ, where I can at least "pretend" to like the Cardinals and hope to watch a team with a winning record this year,
    Finally someone realizes.

We went from superbowl expectations to "hope we can win 5 games" expectations.

We also have to hope for a good QB

we also have to hope for a great offense again.

We also have to hope for a good defense once again.

We also have to hope our new coach isn't a complete idiot.

Last season, we were hoping for a superbowl.

Fans are complacent as you said

Comment

Originally posted by channingrage View Post

Agreed. And take out the Micros (Subpar draft, Marshall's pending suspension, fan's uproar with McD, Cutler situation) and look at the Macro - we are all hoping for a WINNING record! A winning record?!? When did we become the Browns, Bengals, Texans, ect.

Can somebody tell me what happened to the organization in the past 3 months?

Even last year, with the defense as bad as it was...we were still hoping for a playoff appearance.

Comment

Enjoy the Cards but realize you won't be welcomed back on the Broncos bandwagon once we're winning after you leave the Cardinals bandwagon.

KNOWSHON ROCKWELL MORENO
        OUR NEXT MR. 2000

ROBERT AYERS
        BRINGIN THA RUCKUS TO DENVER

Originally posted by Chidoze
        John Elway had a good time screwing the Raiders when he played, now that he's retired, it's the Raiderette's turn.

Comment

Agreed. And take out the Micros (Subpar draft, Marshall's pending suspension, fan's uproar with McD, Cutler situation) and look at the Macro - we are all hoping for a WINNING record! A winning record?!? When did we become the Browns, Bengals, Texans, ect.

Can somebody tell me what happened to the organization in the past 3 months?

Even last year, with the defense as bad as it was...we were still hoping for a playoff appearance.
          Fans are excited to have a good offense this year when we had JUST that last year.

No team wins championships without a Franchise QB and a defense. we have neither

Comment

Year or two away. Isnt' that what Arizona said?

Good for you. I hope you have a good time rooting for the Cardinals. They are a team that has turned it around. And I believe they will be back in the playoff situation next year.

Only a few hopefuls thought we were winning a Super Bowl last year.

The two of you are more of the same ol same ol around here and OH>> you just joined.

Only a few Orange Glasses thought we would win the Super Bowl last year.

The two of you are more of the same negative BS we have read around here for the past 2 months with all the knowledge and know how.

Your comments are so out of touch, it's beyond a response.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Fans are excited to have a good offense this year when we had JUST that last year.

No team wins championships without a Franchise QB and a defense. we have neither

And the Cardinals have a franchise QB?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                Year or two away. Isnt' that what Arizona said?

Good for you. I hope you have a good time rooting for the Cardinals. They are a team that has turned it around. And I believe they will be back in the playoff situation next year.

Only a few hopefuls thought we were winning a Super Bowl last year.

The two of you are more of the same ol same ol around here and OH>> you just joined.

Only a few Orange Glasses thought we would win the Super Bowl last year.

The two of you are more of the same negative BS we have read around here for the past 2 months with all the knowledge and know how.

Your comments are so out of touch, it's beyond a response.
                Beyond a response that generated a response from you.

You don't understand do you? The bronco nation has high expectations for the broncos every year and with Shanahan, Cutler and the explosive offense we had, every fan had reason to believe we were superbowl contenders.

Unfortunately, the defense didn't carry us that far.

Now we're hoping for a winning record.

I don't even see where your argument makes any logical sense or does it even have a point? what the heck

Comment

Beyond a response that generated a response from you.

You don't understand do you? The bronco nation has high expectations for the broncos every year and with Shanahan, Cutler and the explosive offense we had, every fan had reason to believe we were superbowl contenders.

Unfortunately, the defense didn't carry us that far.

Now we're hoping for a winning record.

I don't even see where your argument makes any logical sense or does it even have a point? what the heck
                  I understand perfectly.

We all know our defense sucked last year. No secret. We're working on that.

And yes, we Bronco fans expect the best every year. What team doesn't?

Your argument is a joke. We had Shanahan and Cutler and didn't produce a Super Bowl.

Wanna try again?

sigpic

Comment

And the Cardinals have a franchise QB?
                    Uhh Kurt Warner did win a superbowl didn't he?

Uhh Kurt Warner did lead the Cards to a SB didn't he?

Uhh Kurt Warner was the second ranked QB wasn't he?

Comment

We went from a "year or two away from the Superbowl" to a "year or two away from a winning record." Way to go Pat, you are in line to be the next Al Davis.
                      Edited for accuracy.
                      sigpic

Comment

I understand perfectly.

We all know our defense sucked last year. No secret. We're working on that.

And yes, we Bronco fans expect the best every year. What team doesn't?

Your argument is a joke. We had Shanahan and Cutler and didn't produce a Super Bowl.

Wanna try again?
                        Do you really understand?

When did anyone claim that Shanahan and Cutler produced a superbowl?

I stated that with the two, fans had reason to believe and hope that a superbowl was possible, and many people did.

Heck, you could even believe Orton+mcD = superbowl if u wanted to. But fans are just hoping for a winning season now.

And no, McD clearly isn't working on fixing the defense by addressing the areas of strength in the CB position.

You have no clue in what you're trying to argue.

You should stop trying. You're a complete waste of time.

Comment

We have won 1 playoff game in a decade. We have missed the playoffs 3 years in a row.

Suddenly we are elevated to being on the verge of top tier? I don't think so.

We haven't been good for awhile. We had a chance in 2005. We blew it. The next year we threw all we had going out the window to start over. We brought in Cutler and built the team around him neglecting the defense the whole way. We have gone through defensive coaching staff like toilet paper the last few years.

People suddenly act surprised when we fire Shanny and start over again. Like no one could see it coming after the abysmal showing we have had in recent years. We built our whole team around one player in Cutler like he is the end all, be all of our team. When he left the whole franchise is somehow suddenly ruined? People act as if he was the only reason we could win a game.

As if Cutler had that much power. If the franchise is ruined by his leaving it's only because the front office foolishly built the franchise around one player instead of focusing on the team as a whole.

This notion that we were somehow on the verge of a Superbowl leading up to this point is a joke. Our defense repeatedly took steps backward over the last few years with Shanny at the helm. I liked Shanny, but it was time for a change.

So now people hate McDaniels, because they liked the offense we had and he took it away. Never mind that the other two phases of the game on our team stunk. Who needs special teams, or defense when you have a golden boy QB?

We have already condemned McDaniels without ever giving him half of a chance to show us what he's capable of. All because he wanted to shape the team to his coaching style. Name me a single coach in the NFL with the exception of Wade Phillips (Who is Jerry Jones's toy) that doesn't want to shape the team they coach into their own. It's a part of the sport and it comes with the territory.

I think somewhere along the lines we forgot that this is a team sport played by 11 men on the field.

Here's a wake up call. We were already losing before McDaniel's got here. We couldn't get into the playoffs year after year, and people here are having delusions of grandeur about taking the team we fielded last year to a Superbowl? That's the most ridiculous thing I have heard on these boards in awhile.

You may think I'm being negative right now, but I'm just stating the facts. The team we had last year blew a 3 game lead with 3 to go and missed the playoffs to an arguably worse Chargers team. Any Bronco fan that did not find that embarrassing needs to check where their loyalties are.

No one is asking people to like McDaniels. Feel free to hate him all you want, but even with the loss of Cutler we have made improvements on this team.

Like it or not Cutler had to go. Shanny built our whole team around him, and made him the whole focus sacrificing everything else to build that offense at the cost of our Defense and special teams. McDaniels is undoing that damage. It's still too early to tell if it will work, but I for one will be watching, and waiting to see the end result. I will cheer for them on Sundays, because that's what fans do.
                          Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Do you really understand?

When did anyone claim that Shanahan and Cutler produced a superbowl?

I stated that with the two, fans had reason to believe and hope that a superbowl was possible, and many people did.

Heck, you could even believe Orton+mcD = superbowl if u wanted to. But fans are just hoping for a winning season now.

And no, McD clearly isn't working on fixing the defense by addressing the areas of strength in the CB position.

You have no clue in what you're trying to argue.

You should stop trying. You're a complete waste of time.
                            My "argument" is towards people such as yourself that complain how bad of a turn we have taken.

People wanted Shanny's head. They got it.

Even Cutler's head was on the platter even with it being a "hopeful" prospect. His whiney ass was sent packing and we now have to deal with it.

We fans have a new QB and a new coach and will continue to look forward with these moves.

The records of wins and losses. Playoffs/Super Bowls are what every team demands and rightfully so.

Where this negative thread started was about our coach and what has transpired since. You are a part of that negativity.

Some of us see light in the tunnel that is not the freight train others had with Shanny and/or Jay driving that train. We may be a few steps away from the palace, but believe in our team.

Most of us just want to be Bronco fans and not dwell on their existence and how pathetic some of you think that existence is.
                            Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 04-27-2009, 03:06 AM.

sigpic

Comment

im havin a hard time understanding this thread...

because we havent played a game or seen how our team is gonna look we arent going to the superbowl this year....

i thought we were talkin about a football team that plays football games....

this the broncos may not win 4 games this year is fantasy football to me....

its not real,the product hasnt even been on the field yet and its called dead....

the dolphins won one game two years ago and make the playoffs the next year...they got a new qb so do we he may not be as good but im sure the lower interception number will help us...plus if moreno (spell?) can run the rock good it should help on how much time is left for the other offense....

Therefore Helping our defense

I dont mean to be long winded i just think we will be ok and alright this year better then expected by the vast majority whether i like mcdaniels or not

Comment

Working...
                              X