Get To Know Our Potential New Nose Tackle Chris Baker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bronco4life88 View Post
    carlton powell isnt going to play nose,know one actually expects marcus thomas to play nose why should carlton powell they are basically the same size.with that said we have three nose tackles j'vonne parker,ronald fields and now chris baker. so with that said i think chris baker or ronald fields will start, chris baker reminds me of marcus thomas coming out of college a man that was a trouble maker with alot of skill who would be worth a pick lets hope our nose tackle who ever it be can step up he will be the one who can anchor this defense and get us some w's like said by joe coiler
    One reason I see Powell as a possible NT switch is the fact that he was a total plugger in college, while Thomas was more of a penetrating 3-technique DT. He's squat, wide, and strong. If he can put on a bit more weight, he would fit right into the NT prototype mold. None of us really know for sure who will end up at what position until the first snap in September, but it can be fun guessing.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

I noticed you had Pedescleaux in your mock draft. What can you tell us about him? He looks really impressive on tape, but it's hard to get an accurate read because of the level of competition he is playing against. He looks like a man amongst boys in the you tube videos, which won't be the case in the NFL. He's definitely huge at 6'6" and 310.

Probably not much more then you might know now. I was turned onto him due to his size, his production at a small school, the idea of a late round developmental steal at a position of need, and a very impressive Pro Day.

This is my information I kept saved:

Former Minnesota Gopher Everette Pedescleaux, a senior defensive lineman at Northern Iowa, was named Missouri Valley Football Conference's first team. Pedescleaux signed a football scholarship with Minnesota with the intention to play basketball. However, he left the program before playing a game for the Gophers.

Pedescleaux was one of the biggest reasons the UNI defense ranks second in the MVFC and 20th in the nation in rush defense (105.3 yards/game). He has 54 tackles, 11.5 tackle-for-loss and 6.5 quarterback sacks for the Panthers in 2008. He secured a season-high nine tackles and 2.5 tackles-for-loss in a 34-14 win over Nicholls State. Pedescleaux earned the league's defensive player of the week honors after finishing with seven tackles, two tackles-for-loss, a sack and a forced fumble in a 21-20 win at Youngstown State. He is tied for the team lead with three forced fumbles. He ranks second on the team with two blocked kicks. Pedescleaux has blocked six kicks in his UNI career.

Pro Day Info:

Sources told us that Everette Pedescleaux actually completed 26 reps on the bench but had four taken away for not locking out. It was the opinion of some that players were rushed through the bench, which was held at the end of the workout, rather then at the start as it usually is.

Pedescleaux tipped the scales at 299-pounds and ran his forty's in unofficial times of 4.88 seconds. His three cone hovered around 7.6-seconds. He looked solid in position drills and a number of people commented on his explosive first step during the session.

Last night Pedescleaux interviewed with the Jacksonville Jaguars, Philadelphia Eagles and Carolina Panthers. He already has official pre-draft visits set up with the Arizona Cardinals, New Orleans Saints, Tennessee Titans, Seattle Seahawks and New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
        Pedescleaux signed a football scholarship with Minnesota with the intention to play basketball.
        I find this part very interesting. I also read somewhere that he was in the running for mr basketball in high school for the state. What I like about this is the indication that he may have some quick feet. Hopefully it pans out for the broncos.

Thanks for the info MUG... :salute!:

:go:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X