Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone Needs To Read This - From MileHighReport.com

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/4...ecial-report-a

Like many of you I was a little confused after our draft...but once I read this I understand where McD was coming from and feel great about the draft. (It's very long so it would take a lot of posts to get it all on here...).

So, please, click the link and read the whole article.
    Goal Line Blitz - Football MMORPG

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=29101449

Originally posted by BroncosRule23 View Post

Like many of you I was a little confused after our draft...but once I read this I understand where McD was coming from and feel great about the draft. (It's very long so it would take a lot of posts to get it all on here...).

So it took a news article for you to come to this conclusion?
    :logo:
    :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
    Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
    Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
    Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

Th real Magic Trick was getting all those top rated players that fell into FA.

That is not something that always happens so I hope he doesnt try it every year.
      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRule23 View Post

nice, I likie. This is why I do not make mock draft or listen to any of them. My first lestin in the fact these guys no nothing was in 1983. The year of the QBs. If you go back and find some TV footage you would understand. I'm not going to go into all facts, but one of the last comments on the draft were some thing like this..." I do not think Elway will work out in the pros. Ya, Todd Blackledge will be the star out of this draft". They did not think Morino, Kelly or Elway were good enough QBs for the pros. They were all hype. Well there was alot more stuff but after that I did not take what anyone had to say on players in the draft.:go:
        sigpic

Comment

Man, I really do love the writing they do at MHR....they have become one of my favorite resources for good, level headed sports writing.....thx for posting!

Comment

I liked the report.

There is one thing I would like to differ on with the report. I the report they state that Mcd is picking the best players that are available.

I don't think that is quite correct. I think what Mcd did was pick the highest available player on his board. What I mean is I don't think picking a player because they are the best athlete and finding a way to fit him in his system is his style.

I venture to say that everyone he picked, he picked for a specific role on the team. I think he already envisions where they're going to play and what impacts they might have on the team.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think this is his team and hes wasn't going to gamble on any picks at this point.

opinions...

sigpic

Comment

I love MHR. Great writing, even though they tend to be somewhat biased in favor of the Broncos (something I like them even more for). Case in point, I remember them being excited about Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder too.

As for the post itself, I like that they highlight that all the defensive players are specific role-players. The only concern though is that it makes the job of the defensive coordinator that much more important. The teams that have had the greatest amount of success picking highly-specialzed role players on defense are NE and Indy, both of whom had two of the best defensive minds around coaching the teams.
              Last edited by AC1; 04-28-2009, 09:16 AM.
              Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post

As for the post itself, I like that they highlight that all the defensive players are specific role-players. The only concern though is that it makes the job of the defensive coordinator that much more important. The teams that have had the greatest amount of success picking highly-specialzed role players on defense are NE and Indy, both of whom had two of the best defensive minds around coaching the teams.
                One slight difference that I really like about this draft, in this day and age of role playing, is the versatility of Moreno, Ayers and A. Smith. Three down players that can hang with no huddle offenses - ours and theirs.
                This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JED Bronco View Post
                  One slight difference that I really like about this draft, in this day and age of role playing, is the versatility of Moreno, Ayers and A. Smith. Three down players that can hang with no huddle offenses - ours and theirs.
                  I agree about Moreno. I don't know about the other two though. MHR was making the point that Ayers and Smith are excellent at specific things (run-stopping and interceptions respectively) and their weaknesses are not relevant since they will be used in a way so as to not expose those weaknesses.
                  Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

I don't have anything against the players he picked!

I think it's obvious McDaniels should have given up the 3rd round pick he wasted on a TE he didn't need when he has Graham and Sheffler, two perfectly good TEs already on the roster, to move up to #8 where the Jaguars were eagerly awaiting a trade. . . and grab the ONE player Denver desperately needed, B.J. Raji.

But, forget it. He made his choices and we'll see how the players he selected did after the season. For now there's no proof either way.

What is imbecilic and unforgivable is to trade your #1 pick in 2010 for a 2nd round pick!

Just watch the season unfold. That pick will be a top 10 pick, which is exactly why the Seahawks insisted on taking DENVER's pick rather than the Bears' pick! And that's why McDaniels let himself be totally HUSTLED!

He should have told them to stick it! You don't make a BAD deal because you're desperate to make a deal!

I don't care how good Smith is, he's NOT worth a top 10 pick! Period!

And if you don't think Denver's pick is going to wind up being better than the Bears' pick, just listen to the Seahawks!

Their GM didn't have any doubts! And, after this season nobody is going to be defending this trade. NOBODY!
                    sigpic

Comment

Ayers and Smith

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                      I agree about Moreno. I don't know about the other two though. MHR was making the point that Ayers and Smith are excellent at specific things (run-stopping and interceptions respectively) and their weaknesses are not relevant since they will be used in a way so as to not expose those weaknesses.
                      Actually Ayers has never played in a 3-4 but it was said by McD and NFL Network and others (Mayock and co.)that he played well up or down. He certainly will be tested. As for Smith he is a known smak tackler. He smells run and gets it done as well as being a ball hawk.
                      This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                        I think it's obvious McDaniels should have given up the 3rd round pick he wasted on a TE he didn't need when he has Graham and Sheffler, two perfectly good TEs already on the roster, to move up to #8 where the Jaguars were eagerly awaiting a trade. . . and grab the ONE player Denver desperately needed, B.J. Raji.

After Eugene Monroe fell to 8 there was no way any team was getting that pick.
                        2013 Packers GM - Check my profile for trade block and draft picks.

Comment

Originally posted by skate_d3 View Post
                          After Eugene Monroe fell to 8 there was no way any team was getting that pick.
                          Agreed....and either way, I'm fine with him using our 1st instead of Chicago's.

Think of it this way...if he really really pushed Chicago's pick on them instead of ours....he's basically telling teams he knows we're going to be worse this year.

And while that may be true...what kind of confidence does that give off to the rest of the team?

I know it might not pay off...but I'd rather have a coach who believes in his system and his team, than one who acknowledges defeat before the season has even begun.
                          Goal Line Blitz - Football MMORPG

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=29101449

Comment

5 ft 9 is to short. no matter how skilled the player is. 5 ft 9 is to short. hes not playing against one of the many thousands of decent recievers in college, hes playing against one of the few elite nfl recievers, and if they are above 6 ft and are decently fast they will burn him over and over, and the one spectacular 4ft leaping int he makes wont be enuf to make up for him getting burned over and over....
                            go broncos

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_fan88 View Post
                              5 ft 9 is to short. no matter how skilled the player is. 5 ft 9 is to short. hes not playing against one of the many thousands of decent recievers in college, hes playing against one of the few elite nfl recievers, and if they are above 6 ft and are decently fast they will burn him over and over, and the one spectacular 4ft leaping int he makes wont be enuf to make up for him getting burned over and over....
                              And yet they are among the top corners in the game!
                              :logo:
                              :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
                              Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
                              Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                              Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

Working...
                              X