Frei: McD's Focus Too Narrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brody Epic View Post
    Gonna have to agree to disagree, either I will Boo and no one will join me and I will look like an idiot, or there will be lots of my drunk brethren in the South Stands booing with me, time will tell.
    I don't have a problem with booing to show your displeasure with your own team, however there is a time and a place to do it. Why would you start booing in the preseason when you haven't even seen the product that will be on the field. If you go to the first home game in the regular season, and McD has put an inferior product on the field and this makes you upset then boo, you paid for the ticket. However, booing in the preseason is a little ridiculous. You are booing based solely on pure speculation. Are you going to boo Cutler when he comes here in the preseason? After all, he lied as well, demanded to be traded, didn't call his teammates, etc. Of course it was not all his fault, but he shares some of the blame as well, so I expect you to boo him if you are willing to boo McD simply based on offseason moves and not on the field play.

Boo when booing is deserved, not over speculation on how you think the offseason should be. Why wouldn't you wait to see the actual product before you start calling it a piece of crap?
    Posted by DrunkPanda immediately after Denver took Knowshon Moreno with the 12th pick in the 1st round

"obviously [email protected] is very confused. he tihnks he is still the offensive coordinator, not the headcoach. he will probably draft offense with the rest of his picks, forgetting that defensive positions even exist in football"

Let's see how this hilarious prediction unfolds is as the draft continues.

Comment

Originally posted by joshunderwood View Post
      I don't have a problem with booing to show your displeasure with your own team, however there is a time and a place to do it. Why would you start booing in the preseason when you haven't even seen the product that will be on the field. If you go to the first home game in the regular season, and McD has put an inferior product on the field and this makes you upset then boo, you paid for the ticket. However, booing in the preseason is a little ridiculous. You are booing based solely on pure speculation. Are you going to boo Cutler when he comes here in the preseason? After all, he lied as well, demanded to be traded, didn't call his teammates, etc. Of course it was not all his fault, but he shares some of the blame as well, so I expect you to boo him if you are willing to boo McD simply based on offseason moves and not on the field play.

Boo when booing is deserved, not over speculation on how you think the offseason should be. Why wouldn't you wait to see the actual product before you start calling it a piece of crap?
      I say that I will boo during the preseason a little tongue-in-cheek, and absolutely Cutler deserves his share of the blame, he acted like a petulant child. But I am still very frustrated and dissapointed with the way the whole thing played out and I am convinced it is a mistake that will cripple the Franchise for years. I could be wrong, but I could be right, all I know right now is that I am still dissapointed it happened and I think we are worse off for it.

Comment

I say that I will boo during the preseason a little tongue-in-cheek, and absolutely Cutler deserves his share of the blame, he acted like a petulant child. But I am still very frustrated and dissapointed with the way the whole thing played out and I am convinced it is a mistake that will cripple the Franchise for years. I could be wrong, but I could be right, all I know right now is that I am still dissapointed it happened and I think we are worse off for it.
        I understand you. I have tried not to take a stance either way as I honestly don't have a clue what this team will look like. I try to look at the positive, but I definitely could see this team being a dissapointment, but at the same time, I could see McD and Nolan lighting a fire in some of these guys that Shanahan simply couldn't because he had been around for so long. Maybe this team surprises us all, I do think that is a good possibility. If they underperform though, and we still come out with the exact same issues on defense, then I will not be surprised when people start booing, and McD should expect it as well.
        Posted by DrunkPanda immediately after Denver took Knowshon Moreno with the 12th pick in the 1st round

"obviously [email protected] is very confused. he tihnks he is still the offensive coordinator, not the headcoach. he will probably draft offense with the rest of his picks, forgetting that defensive positions even exist in football"

Comment

I don't think we have a chance of winning. Ever since McDaniels came in he has torn the team down. He has brought in old players who at this point are only back ups in the league with the exception of Brian Dawkins and Andra Davis. He blew the draft completely. Knowshon Moreno is injury prone so don't be surprised if he goes out in training camp with an injury that places him on the IR. Denver needed some defensive help in the draft and they didn't get it. Out of their whole draft the only one I see of having a good career is Alphonso Smith. I don't see how you pass on a player like Rey Maualuga with your first pick in the first round. He is all about playing football and loves the game. He would have been a perfect fit alongside Andra Davis at the middle linebacker position. Think about it. That would be a good linebacking corp in DJ Williams, Rey Maualuga, Andra Davis, and Boss Bailey.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaKicker View Post
            I don't think we have a chance of winning. Ever since McDaniels came in he has torn the team down. He has brought in old players who at this point are only back ups in the league with the exception of Brian Dawkins and Andra Davis. He blew the draft completely. Knowshon Moreno is injury prone so don't be surprised if he goes out in training camp with an injury that places him on the IR. Denver needed some defensive help in the draft and they didn't get it. Out of their whole draft the only one I see of having a good career is Alphonso Smith. I don't see how you pass on a player like Rey Maualuga with your first pick in the first round. He is all about playing football and loves the game. He would have been a perfect fit alongside Andra Davis at the middle linebacker position. Think about it. That would be a good linebacking corp in DJ Williams, Rey Maualuga, Andra Davis, and Boss Bailey.
            Was this meant to be a serious post or a sarcastic post? I'm serious, I can't tell.

I put some of your words in bold up there, hope you don't mind. I almost stopped reading at the 1st bold part, because that is so absolutely ridiculous. Knowshon injury prone? Maybe you are thinking of Beanie Wells, because you certainly can't be talking about Moreno. Just in case you were, go look it up, come back and tell me how many game Moreno missed in his college career. I'll be patiently waiting, because it might take you a long time to find one.

But I didn't stop at your first blatantly false statement up there because I figured there'd be more, and I was right. If I'm not mistaken, Rey Maualuga was taken with the 38th overall pick. So you criticize McD for reaching in the draft, but then you tell him he should have picked a player that went in the 2nd round with the 12th pick overall in the 1st? Sounds just a bit hypocritical to me. By the way, if he went at 38th, that means that EVERY TEAM passed on him with their first pick, not just the Broncos.

I can understand if you don't like McDaniels, I never said you had to. But, if you dislike someone, you should at least know why you don't like him. Your facts aren't close to being true. Get your facts straight and then people might take your points seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
              So are you ok with saying that any record worse than last seasons is a failure? I have found that a lot of people that claim we are better are not able to say that we will have a better record.
              That's like saying "When did you stop beating your wife?"

Just as you "believe" this team is worse off- without any games being played with a new system, coaching staff, large number of player changes, others "believe" we may very well have a successful season based on the harder schedule, and despite those changes.

There are a lot of mitigating factors to this coming season's perception of "better" other than based on a won/loss record this season alone.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
                Uh...he's talking about GETTING RID OF DRAFT PICKS for the NEXT 3 YEARS TO GET PLAYERS!!! Reading comprehension was not your strong suit was it?
                I may have shortened the quote, but did you read the post? It was about the fact that we are rebuilding is getting lost on some people.

ummm... read more than 5 words at a time?

I questioned the logic of the post based on quotes from Pat Bowlen & McD, but I was not insulting his intelligence. If you want to hang out in the smack forum, please go. I think we should start a new internal smack forum for people like you. Your insults are not welcomed by me.

Comment

Typically new coaches will get somewhat of a 'honeymoon period.' However, typically brand new coaches don't trade away 25 year old quarterbacks and effectively alienate half the fanbase, wear hooded sweatshirts to nationally televised press conferences, shun the local media for national outlets, and give up first round picks for 2nd round picks straight up. I honestly think he will be getting booed during the preseason, well I will be at Mile High Boo-ing atleast.
                  Ill be booing with ya. normally I dont go to the preseason games...but this year I just might. I'll be the drunk guy in the corner trying to forget the McDaniels tenure.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Endzo View Post
                    Maybe instead of complaining and jumping on the "I hate Mcidiot" bandwagon you could grow up and actually study the moves he made? This team is much better.

Cutler or no Cutler this team is a cut above what we were last year.
                    According to who?

We aren't going to win any championship without a franchise QB or a dominant defense; i hope you do realize that much.

This team is better according to YOU. The team is worse off according to most of the fans. Why can't you respect peoples opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                      Fact: 9-7 team is better than 8-8 team.

Anything else is an excuse.
                      You're wrong. Record results have many factors attributed to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X