Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Country has lost an amazing man.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Country has lost an amazing man.

I wanted to take a moment and share a story with all of you.

My name is Seth and I am 28 years old. About 8 months ago I was faced with the decision of placing my mother in a nursing home as her Multiple Sclerosis of 25 years had gotten worse. It was a very difficult time in my life, still is, but upon moving my mother into this new community there was an individual who I bonded with immediately.

He wore a camo Broncos hat and seeing this I knew we immediately had something in common without ever saying a word to each other. I introduced myself using his hat and the Broncos as a way to begin a relationship. His name was James and he was in a wheelchair and him and I immediately hit it off.

Over the past 8 months as I visited my mother, I would always take a moment to chat with him and talk about things, which would always include our Broncos. We became good friends and he took my wife and daughter in as close friends too.

He passed this past weekend of a heart attack. I wanted to let everyone know that he was a great Bronco fan and friend. No matter what is happening around you, life's short and always make the best of it. I am blessed that he was wearing his Bronco hat that day, as he always did, and opened the door to a great friendship.

Here is a Mile High Salute to James.:salute!:
    God bless.
    sigpic

My prayers go out to his family, loved ones and friends!
    sigpic
    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

RIP James.

Great story. I work at a nursing home, and many people get the wrong idea about places like those.

They are great places. LOTS of great people with wonderful things to share and talk about.

Some of those residents (I don't even see them as residents anymore), are almost as close to me as my grandparents are.

Sorry for your loss again, but he'll be smiling down every year Denver takes the field... I'm sure of it.

:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
        RIP James.

Great story. I work at a nursing home, and many people get the wrong idea about places like those.

They are great places. LOTS of great people with wonderful things to share and talk about.

Some of those residents (I don't even see them as residents anymore), are almost as close to me as my grandparents are.

Sorry for your loss again, but he'll be smiling down every year Denver takes the field... I'm sure of it.

:salute!:
        That has to be one of the most depressing jobs ever.

Comment

great story r.i.p james

Comment

Thoughts and prayers
            sigpic

Comment

RIP James
              sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
              SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

May he find peace and answers to all he ever wanted to know. Thanks for sharing his story. :salute!:
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

RIP James may you watch over our broncos like a guardian angel
                  2013 Packers GM - Check my profile for trade block and draft picks.

Comment

Originally posted by dman444 View Post
                    That has to be one of the most depressing jobs ever.
                    In what way do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiz View Post
                      I wanted to take a moment and share a story with all of you.

My name is Seth and I am 28 years old. About 8 months ago I was faced with the decision of placing my mother in a nursing home as her Multiple Sclerosis of 25 years had gotten worse. It was a very difficult time in my life, still is, but upon moving my mother into this new community there was an individual who I bonded with immediately.

He wore a camo Broncos hat and seeing this I knew we immediately had something in common without ever saying a word to each other. I introduced myself using his hat and the Broncos as a way to begin a relationship. His name was James and he was in a wheelchair and him and I immediately hit it off.

Over the past 8 months as I visited my mother, I would always take a moment to chat with him and talk about things, which would always include our Broncos. We became good friends and he took my wife and daughter in as close friends too.

He passed this past weekend of a heart attack. I wanted to let everyone know that he was a great Bronco fan and friend. No matter what is happening around you, life's short and always make the best of it. I am blessed that he was wearing his Bronco hat that day, as he always did, and opened the door to a great friendship.

Here is a Mile High Salute to James.:salute!:
                      God bless.
                      Great story. It was great that you took the time and effort to make a diffrence in James life. :salute!: to you and James.

Comment

R.I.P James

Going out the way I would want...with my bronco hat on!

Comment

R.I.P. James.

That's a great story Seth and I appreciate that you shared it with us. I think it goes without saying as well that people should appreciate what you did for James, because I know from experience how often the elderly are forgotten in our society, and I know so many that would thank God every day to have a stranger befriend them, even if it was only every once in a while that they came in and chatted.

That was a great thing for you to do and I commend you for it as well.

Comment

You and his family have my sympathies.
                            Cool custom signature banner will go here.... Someday.

Comment

I greatly appreciate all the kind words Broncos Country.:salute!:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X