Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Greatest Bronco Linebacker in there History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the Greatest Bronco Linebacker in there History?

I was just wondering who the Bronco faithful thought the greatest Bronco Linebacker ever was. In my opinion it was Bill Romanowski. Yeah he did go to the Hated Raiders and used Steriods too. But when he played with the Broncos he was always the most feared player on the Field. Just was wondering who everyone thought was the Greatest linebacker in Broncos History. So please let us Bronco Faithful know what your Opinion is on this topic. Thanks

Originally posted by ElwayDrive87 View Post
    I was just wondering who the Bronco faithful thought the greatest Bronco Linebacker ever was. In my opinion it was Bill Romanowski. Yeah he did go to the Hated Raiders and used Steriods too. But when he played with the Broncos he was always the most feared player on the Field. Just was wondering who everyone thought was the Greatest linebacker in Broncos History. So please let us Bronco Faithful know what your Opinion is on this topic. Thanks
    Randy Gradishar. Followed by Tom Jackson.

Comment

Randy Gradishar, hands down.

Tom Jackson 2nd, Al Wilson 3rd, Romo 4th, John Mobley 5th
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Definitely Randy Gradishar, followed by Tom Jackson, then Karl Mecklenberg. Romanowski was good in his time here, but he didn't compare to those guys IMO.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          Randy Gradishar, hands down.

Tom Jackson 2nd, Al Wilson 3rd, Romo 4th, John Mobley 5th
          I totally agree, I would also add Karl Mecklenberg at 3 or 4 for sure
          sigpic

Comment

The conversation started here:

Originally posted by ElwayDrive87 View Post
            I was just wondering who the Bronco faithful thought the greatest Bronco Linebacker ever was.
            The conversation ended here:

In my opinion it was Bill Romanowski.

Jokes aside I think we could safely say that either Al Wilson or Randy Gradishar were the most talented LBs we ever had with Gradishar ahead by a bit.

But if I were building a team and I had to choose one Bronco to be my linebacker and I wanted my team to do well, I'd pick Tom Jackson.

The heart and soul of the Orange Crush defense, and while perhaps not the most physically talented, he had the leadership, attitude and character that defines a franchise. I've never heard him say anything bad about anyone, not even Rush Limbaugh during the McNabb controversy on ESPN.

He had and still has a positive attitude and a charismatic, optimistic, energizing presence that infects those around him. I don't know anyone who doesn't love this guy, and for good reason.

His passion elevated every player on that team and made them twice as good as they really were. Gradishar was the best linebacker in Broncos history I think.

But Tom Jackson was probably our greatest football player.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
              The conversation started here:

The conversation ended here:

Jokes aside I think we could safely say that either Al Wilson or Randy Gradishar were the most talented LBs we ever had with Gradishar ahead by a bit.

But if I were building a team and I had to choose one Bronco to be my linebacker and I wanted my team to do well, I'd pick Tom Jackson.

The heart and soul of the Orange Crush defense, and while perhaps not the most physically talented, he had the leadership, attitude and character that defines a franchise. He had and still has a positive attitude and a charismatic, optimistic, energizing presence that infects those around him. I don't know anyone who doesn't love this guy, and for good reason.

His passion elevated every player on that team and made them twice as good as they really were. Gradishar was the best linebacker in Broncos history I think.

But Tom Jackson was probably our greatest football player.
              Well said. If memory serves me correct he was voted most inspirational by his teammates a couple of times back in the day.
              sigpic

Comment

I've got the same 3 as everyone else pretty much.

I love Gradishar. He wouldn't care about going for the big hit. He just wanted to stop the guy as far back as he could. Tom Jackson is second. And Al Wilson is my third. Al Wilson was the spark in our defense. It deflated when he got injured and was dropped...
                Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

Team Tebow #16

Comment

While we're at it, how about the greatest linebacking unit in Broncos history. Hands down it has to be the Orange Crush corps of Gradishar, TJ, Joe Rizzo and Bob Swenson. I would even say they were one of the best in the NFL... ever. :go:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
                    While we're at it, how about the greatest linebacking unit in Broncos history. Hands down it has to be the Orange Crush corps of Gradishar, TJ, Joe Rizzo and Bob Swenson. I would even say they were one of the best in the NFL... ever. :go:
                    Great thread :go:

:offtopic:

Do PPL consider Champ the best corner we have ever had?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosojia View Post
                      Do PPL consider Champ the best corner we have ever had?

Tony Lilly was pretty damned inherently talented. He only played four seasons, however.

He's apparently a Special Ed teacher now, and a high school football coach. Pretty good at it too by all accounts.

Comment

Everyone (including myself) is forgetting about the Broncos all-time sack leader, Simon Fletcher.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

It goes....

1. Randy Gradishar

2. Karl Mecklenberg

3. Simon Fletcher

4. Tom Jackson

5. John Mobley

:salute!:
                          Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member #10

Creator of the smiley

Comment

Greatest Denver LB

Mine hase to be Gradishar and then Tom Jackson followed By Meck Simon Fltcher and Then Al Wilson. and speaking of corners what about Louis Wright? one of My favoriyes over the years!!

Kyle Orton Army #24sigpic

Comment

Simon Fletcher was great, but towards the end of his career I think he mostly played as a down lineman, which is probably why nobody thought of him. As far as corners, I say Louis Wright was the best, although Champ is right up there. Put them neck and neck.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X