Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Greatest Bronco Linebacker in there History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    Tony Lilly was pretty damned inherently talented. He only played four seasons, however.

He's apparently a Special Ed teacher now, and a high school football coach. Pretty good at it too by all accounts.
    You have to be joking right? Tony Lilly was horrible I could give you several corners who were way better, heck even his teammates. As far as who was the best ever for Denver Louis Wright has to be up there with Champ, along with Willy Brown although he made his name with the Raiders he did play for us.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosojia View Post
      Great thread :go:

:offtopic:

Do PPL consider Champ the best corner we have ever had?
      Louis Wright

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
        Simon Fletcher was great, but towards the end of his career I think he mostly played as a down lineman, which is probably why nobody thought of him. As far as corners, I say Louis Wright was the best, although Champ is right up there. Put them neck and neck.
        Fletcher and Mecklenberg were both drafted as and started their careers in Denver as defensive ends. I could be wrong, but I believe they were both converted from DE to LB under LB coach Mike Nolan.

Comment

Romanowski baby, the big ugly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            Everyone (including myself) is forgetting about the Broncos all-time sack leader, Simon Fletcher.
            Man I totally blew that one Fletcher was one of the greatest. I think people forget he played OLB for us.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Biggregb View Post
              You have to be joking right? Tony Lilly was horrible I could give you several corners who were way better, heck even his teammates. As far as who was the best ever for Denver Louis Wright has to be up there with Champ, along with Willy Brown although he made his name with the Raiders he did play for us.
              No, I wasn't kidding. I was confusing the two. I meant Louis Wright, but got the name confused. Then I looked Tony Lilly and Louis Wright both up, but I already had it out here and was hoping no one would notice.

My bad.

Comment

Randy Gradishar hands down
                sigpic

Comment

Gradishar, Mecklenberg, TJ, Swenson. Al "forearm tackle" Wilson doesnt even make my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                    No, I wasn't kidding. I was confusing the two. I meant Louis Wright, but got the name confused. Then I looked Tony Lilly and Louis Wright both up, but I already had it out here and was hoping no one would notice.

My bad.
                    Whew!!! That was a close one. Glad to see it was an honest mistake. Didn't want to have to break out the Denver vs Washington SB game tape to jog your memory.
                    sigpic

Comment

I never saw Randy Gradishar in action, except for the 1977 AFC Championship game, which I have on DVD, so...yeah, He looked great.
                      I always liked Karl Mecklenburg , John Mobley, Al Wilson, Bill Romanowski, DJ Williams and Ian Gold.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
                        Fletcher and Mecklenberg were both drafted as and started their careers in Denver as defensive ends. I could be wrong, but I believe they were both converted from DE to LB under LB coach Mike Nolan.
                        Everything I find says they were drafted as LB's. I know Fletch was moved to DE at the end, and Meck played all the possitions on the front 7 for Joe Collier, but they made their bones as LB's.

My list goes
                        1. Gradishar ( It shouldn't be up for debate he is probably the 2'nd greatest Bronco)
                        2. Meck (6 time pro bowler and 5 time all pro and the greatest hit in team history. Sorry Atwater it's true)
                        3. Fletch (Could be the most underrated in a long line of underrated Broncos)
                        4. Al Wilson (Underrated because he played at the same time as Ray Lewis, but look how bad the D got after he got hurt.)
                        5. T.J. (Not the biggest or the fastest, but had more heart than adnyboby on the field)
                        Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

I'd say

Randy Gradishar
                          Karl Mecklenburg
                          Al Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Biggregb View Post
                            Whew!!! That was a close one. Glad to see it was an honest mistake. Didn't want to have to break out the Denver vs Washington SB game tape to jog your memory.
                            Pssst... We dun talk about that here.

Comment

#53...period

Comment

Champs one of the best ever in football. Louis Wright was good but he's not even top 10 ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X