Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Greatest Bronco Linebacker in there History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biggregb View Post
    I totally agree, I would also add Karl Mecklenberg at 3 or 4 for sure
    Yes im glad you said mecklenberg he is one of the best linebackrers ever, a Dic buckus type man this guy would kill for the team the last of the real players.

Comment

Originally posted by ElwayDrive87 View Post
      I was just wondering who the Bronco faithful thought the greatest Bronco Linebacker ever was. In my opinion it was Bill Romanowski. Yeah he did go to the Hated Raiders and used Steriods too. But when he played with the Broncos he was always the most feared player on the Field. Just was wondering who everyone thought was the Greatest linebacker in Broncos History. So please let us Bronco Faithful know what your Opinion is on this topic. Thanks
      If u don'tknow already it is RANDY GRADISHAR, then you will never know. The best TACKLER in NFL that I ever witnessed.
      sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Randy Gradishar, Best ever. L. Wright was are best corner, Champ 2nd.:go:
        sigpic

Comment

Too bad Mike Croel never panned out. He had that great rookie year, then nothing.
          Charter member-Knowshon Moreno fan club-#24

Comment

Let me preface this by saying that I am not contending that he belongs on the best list, but a guy who gave us some good years was Allen Aldridge. Remember his huge interception in the endzone against the Steelers in the AFCCG before SB XXXII? That was the play where Romo was slapping his forehead in "Slash"s face.

Comment

You Forgot One

No love for Ricky Hunley (dodging shoes)?

Randy Gradishar, no one even close.

If Karl Mecklenberg hadn't been such a turkey to my kids when we visited training camp, I might say some positive things about him.

Al Wilson was really good, and I wonder if he hadn't been injured what would have happened with the Broncos these last 3 years.

Comment

good topic, my list looks like this.

mecklenberg
                fletcher
                wilson

my faith started around 84-85 so my list is pretty much that era, although some honorable mentions are. i know we needed romo, but i never liked romo.(see spiting in T.O's mouth clip)

hunley
                ryan
                brooks
                alridge
                croel

Comment

Originally posted by broncojuan View Post
                  Everything I find says they were drafted as LB's. I know Fletch was moved to DE at the end, and Meck played all the possitions on the front 7 for Joe Collier, but they made their bones as LB's.
                  Collier was interviewed on 104.3 awhile back, and milehighreport typed up a review of what he said:

"Elvis Dumervil has some huge potential in a 3-4. Collier moved both Karl Mecklenburg and Simon Fletcher to Linebacker after they both played Defensive End in college and were undersized. Collier thinks Dumervil can be a dangerous pass rusher from the outside especially when you consider that he'd either be blocked by a Running Back or nobody..."

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/1...-s-thoughts-on

That's all I can easily find online about Mecklenburg and Fletcher transitioning from college DE to pro 3-4 linebackers.

Comment

Who r those guys? Besides, Romo was a Niner. It would kinda be like KC claiming Montana.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well i wasnt alive during the 80's so i can't say that Backers like Tom Jackson or Gradshar are the best that i've ever seen so im gonna go with Al Wilson as the best i've ever seen play with the broncos.. Mobley was pretty good too.
                      Last edited by BroncoFan_916; 05-01-2009, 01:14 PM.
                      The Future!

Comment

RANDY GRADISHAR!!!!! He never missed a game and averaged 200+ tackles a season. This isn't even close!

Comment

Mike Singletary left a Jock Strap in the visiting team's locker room back in the day, and I would have to say that it was the best LB in Broncos history
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ursamajor View Post
                            Mike Singletary left a Jock Strap in the visiting team's locker room back in the day, and I would have to say that it was the best LB in Broncos history
                            Your breath probably still smells like that jock strap.

Comment

Steve Busick was another good one, back in the mid 80s. Anyone remember him?
                              sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                                Your breath probably still smells like that jock strap.
                                Maybe that is why your girl calls me Samurai. I never thought about it
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X