No announcement yet.

One Thing That Keeps Us All Happy...OLINE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Besides the fact that I think he'll be a stud, our O-line was a big reason why I wanted Moreno. I once read a stat last year(don't remember where) that our RBs had an average of 4 yards before they were even hit, or something like that. That's almost exactly what our RB's YPC was. So I was worried that if we got even a semi-talented RB(Jordan, Buckhalter, and Arrington) they would do well and we'd keep passing on dominant RBs if we didn't get Moreno. Basically I'm saying that I think our O-line is so dominant that a talented RB to go along with it will be virtually unstoppable, and if Orton/Simms does well it will make him even more so.

Disclaimer: I don't remember where I read that stat but I do remember it was actually recorded somehow.
    Last edited by Bowie Man; 05-04-2009, 08:57 AM.
    sigpic
    Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
      Besides the fact that I think he'll be a stud, our O-line was a big reason why I wanted Moreno. I once read a stat last year(don't remember where) that our RBs had an average of 4 yards before they were even hit, or something like that. That's almost exactly what our RB's YPC was. So I was worried that if we got even a semi-talented RB(Jordan, Buckhalter, and Arrington) they would do well and we'd keep passing on dominant RBs if we didn't get Moreno. Basically I'm saying that I think our O-line is so dominant that a talented RB to go along with it will be virtually unstoppable, and if Orton/Simms does well it will make him even more so.

Disclaimer: I don't remember where I read that stat but I do remember it was actually recorded somehow.
      I don't recall the stat, but what I do know is that we had a solid YPC for an average bunch of hurt RBs. In fact, I was surprised how some of our backs gained so many yards some games, even some of the backups who I had little knowledge about. I remember Clady making some huge holes for our guys, and although they made some nice yardage, I felt like they could have broke a few more, just with some decent dekes and speed.

So yes, I believe the holes were there, and I think some folks are going to capitalize big time this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I don't recall the stat, but what I do know is that we had a solid YPC for an average bunch of hurt RBs. In fact, I was surprised how some of our backs gained so many yards some games, even some of the backups who I had little knowledge about. I remember Clady making some huge holes for our guys, and although they made some nice yardage, I felt like they could have broke a few more, just with some decent dekes and speed.

So yes, I believe the holes were there, and I think some folks are going to capitalize big time this year.
        Yeah, I can't even remember who posted it, it was just some random article about how good our O-line was; but the fact that guys like PJ Pope came in and literally ran the Bills to pieces before getting injured is just proof of it.
        sigpic
        Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Working...
        X