X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowie Man
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I don't recall the stat, but what I do know is that we had a solid YPC for an average bunch of hurt RBs. In fact, I was surprised how some of our backs gained so many yards some games, even some of the backups who I had little knowledge about. I remember Clady making some huge holes for our guys, and although they made some nice yardage, I felt like they could have broke a few more, just with some decent dekes and speed.

So yes, I believe the holes were there, and I think some folks are going to capitalize big time this year.
    Yeah, I can't even remember who posted it, it was just some random article about how good our O-line was; but the fact that guys like PJ Pope came in and literally ran the Bills to pieces before getting injured is just proof of it.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
    Besides the fact that I think he'll be a stud, our O-line was a big reason why I wanted Moreno. I once read a stat last year(don't remember where) that our RBs had an average of 4 yards before they were even hit, or something like that. That's almost exactly what our RB's YPC was. So I was worried that if we got even a semi-talented RB(Jordan, Buckhalter, and Arrington) they would do well and we'd keep passing on dominant RBs if we didn't get Moreno. Basically I'm saying that I think our O-line is so dominant that a talented RB to go along with it will be virtually unstoppable, and if Orton/Simms does well it will make him even more so.

Disclaimer: I don't remember where I read that stat but I do remember it was actually recorded somehow.
    I don't recall the stat, but what I do know is that we had a solid YPC for an average bunch of hurt RBs. In fact, I was surprised how some of our backs gained so many yards some games, even some of the backups who I had little knowledge about. I remember Clady making some huge holes for our guys, and although they made some nice yardage, I felt like they could have broke a few more, just with some decent dekes and speed.

So yes, I believe the holes were there, and I think some folks are going to capitalize big time this year.

Leave a comment:

• Bowie Man
    replied
    Besides the fact that I think he'll be a stud, our O-line was a big reason why I wanted Moreno. I once read a stat last year(don't remember where) that our RBs had an average of 4 yards before they were even hit, or something like that. That's almost exactly what our RB's YPC was. So I was worried that if we got even a semi-talented RB(Jordan, Buckhalter, and Arrington) they would do well and we'd keep passing on dominant RBs if we didn't get Moreno. Basically I'm saying that I think our O-line is so dominant that a talented RB to go along with it will be virtually unstoppable, and if Orton/Simms does well it will make him even more so.

Disclaimer: I don't remember where I read that stat but I do remember it was actually recorded somehow.
    Last edited by Bowie Man; 05-04-2009, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• donkeyDookie
    replied
    Moreno is gonna go crazy behind this line!

Leave a comment:

• theflammer
    replied
    Games are WON & LOST Up Front.....

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
    In a post months ago I stated one simple principle. In front of the Elways, TD's, Aikmans, Smiths, Bradys, Mannings, etc? In any dominant team you care to name there is one common factor that remains unchanged. An Offensive Line that can get the job done.

In our own case we had the Orange hush. The unit themselves wouldn't even speak of their own greatness but left it up to their play to shine for them. Shine it did, through two superbowls and against one of the largest nose tackles to ever play the game in the 1st Superbowl win. They consistently opened up running lanes that TD could easily find and run through. They also consistently protected Elway and gave him those extra seconds to find that open receiver. Does anyone else remember the last touchdown of that game? When TD walked into the endzone standing up, untouched by a single defender? You could have ran an 18-wheeler through that hole.

We have the core group on offense that we need, and thats the men in the trenches. They can not only do their jobs better than most during a game, but they also provide a challenge to our Defensive linemen in being able to penetrate that "mile high wall". How can that NOT make our d-line and LB groups better when they have to face that level of play during each practice?

I am getting more and more excited as this year moves along. I sincerely do expect us to play at a higher and more passionate level than we have in the last few years. Afterall when change comes along you have to step up your game to keep from being swept out the door. Go Broncos
    Amen knox!!!!

Need to spread some CP love before I get back toy you.....:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Twizlers View Post
    Honestly guys, some of you don't realize how amazingly good our oline was last year. EVERYONE check out this link:
    http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

I mean seriously. We ranked 3rd in the league in yards/play (only behind Carolina and NYG) and 1st in pass protection. That is crazy good.

I LOVE CLADY HAMILTON WEIGMAN KUPER AND HARRIS!!!!
    QFT

Seriously to anyone who doesn't think KO or simms can get'er'done realize this with an o-line like ours it's almost automatic, even mediocre QB's can prosper behind a good o-line.

I mean just look at jacksonville, Garrard was a joke last year, the year before that he was one of the best in the league. The difference? O-line! KO and Simms both played behind junk lines, people need to just simmer down and wait to see what these guys can do with some protection. No one honestly knows what we have on our hands yet with this many weapons and this much protection!

Leave a comment:

• knoxman36and2
    replied
    In a post months ago I stated one simple principle. In front of the Elways, TD's, Aikmans, Smiths, Bradys, Mannings, etc? In any dominant team you care to name there is one common factor that remains unchanged. An Offensive Line that can get the job done.

In our own case we had the Orange hush. The unit themselves wouldn't even speak of their own greatness but left it up to their play to shine for them. Shine it did, through two superbowls and against one of the largest nose tackles to ever play the game in the 1st Superbowl win. They consistently opened up running lanes that TD could easily find and run through. They also consistently protected Elway and gave him those extra seconds to find that open receiver. Does anyone else remember the last touchdown of that game? When TD walked into the endzone standing up, untouched by a single defender? You could have ran an 18-wheeler through that hole.

We have the core group on offense that we need, and thats the men in the trenches. They can not only do their jobs better than most during a game, but they also provide a challenge to our Defensive linemen in being able to penetrate that "mile high wall". How can that NOT make our d-line and LB groups better when they have to face that level of play during each practice?

I am getting more and more excited as this year moves along. I sincerely do expect us to play at a higher and more passionate level than we have in the last few years. Afterall when change comes along you have to step up your game to keep from being swept out the door. Go Broncos

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    I'm honestly very glad we got some depth to our offensive line seeing that majority of the starters are aging.

My question is can the offensive line play to the standards they played last year? Because honestly asking them to play at that level again is asking a lot which isn't saying they shouldn't but still.
    I certainly believe they can play at or above that level. Three of these guys are maturing and the other two are very experienced. Oliners takes years to gel, so anything we got last year can only get better.

I think the run game is where we witness their development, which will come together nicely with a fresh set of backs, and a lot less bad luck!!

Leave a comment:

• dman444
    replied
    The best part is we're set at both tackles for a long time to come, hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    I'm honestly very glad we got some depth to our offensive line seeing that majority of the starters are aging.

My question is can the offensive line play to the standards they played last year? Because honestly asking them to play at that level again is asking a lot which isn't saying they shouldn't but still.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Twizlers View Post
    Honestly guys, some of you don't realize how amazingly good our oline was last year. EVERYONE check out this link:

I mean seriously. We ranked 3rd in the league in yards/play (only behind Carolina and NYG) and 1st in pass protection. That is crazy good.

I am on the same page as you. And it's not like we are taking them for granted or anything like that, but they definitely PRODUCED in 08. And to think of it.....

Clady - I thought he'd take another year
    Harris - Most of us weren't expecting much
    Kuper - Decent
    Hamilton - Getting old and torn
    Wieg - Last stand

It's good that we are adding some depth, because I can see one more year with this unit, and then some replacement. That should work out just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Twizlers
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dragster69
    replied
    Originally posted by OverseasBronco View Post
    Well, well! Something I can thank McD for! Thank you for keeping Dennison and keeping the OL! Mile High Wall? Great name! Keep the positive posts going. We need some of that, specially in these times.
    Bobby Turner, RB's coach was retained. So, our whole OL will be looking pretty good this season...

Leave a comment:

• OverseasBronco
    replied
    Thank you!

Well, well! Something I can thank McD for! Thank you for keeping Dennison and keeping the OL! Mile High Wall? Great name! Keep the positive posts going. We need some of that, specially in these times.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X