This May Be My Favourite Broncos Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Over the many years I've pulled for the Broncos I have to say that this may be my favourite team of them all, from a people perspective. I used to love this team without knowing them as individuals, partly because I live so far away and do not get daily stories on the players themselves as you would living in the hometown of the team, and I wasn't a member of a site like this, full of great player stories on a regular basis.

And I have to thank Shanny and the new FO for building this team with character people. After posting an article on Rulon Davis today, and thinking about the quality of the people we have on this great team for some time now, I realized that this my be the Bronco team that pulls at my heart more than any before. I know that's a bit of a stretch given how much I loved the Elway, Smith, TD, McCaffrey years, and the days of the OC "over-achievers". But to be honest, I never knew as much about the individuals as I do now, and what I see is what I like.

Lasy year was a very character-oriented draft, with class men like Clady, Royal, Hillis and so on. In fact, I remember Mayock saying something about the character of the Broncos draft, after he took a moment to assess the overall group we had signed up. It was like, "I get it".

And this year....the FAs we have acquired are pretty much described as leaders on and off the field, and quality type individuals.....pretty much every one of them. Of course, Dawkins takes the cake, but what I read about Davis, Gaffney and the others always seems to end up with a comment about their character.

And after the draft......well it's been mentioned many times the appproach taken by our team in terms of signing quality people. I am already pulling big time for Moreno, Ayers, Smith, Davis and the others, for what I have seen and read about them. I get the feeling that Orton and Simms are good folks, and the list goes on.

Here's to the 2009 Broncos....maybe not the most talented, maybe not SB bound for a couple of years, but definitely a class act and likely to over-achieve in the coming season.

CanDB said the same thing about the bengals on the bengal's board......................... jk
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
      CanDB said the same thing about the bengals on the bengal's board......................... jk
      ocho nono!!!

Comment

Over the many years I've pulled for the Broncos I have to say that this may be my favourite team of them all, from a people perspective. I used to love this team without knowing them as individuals, partly because I live so far away and do not get daily stories on the players themselves as you would living in the hometown of the team, and I wasn't a member of a site like this, full of great player stories on a regular basis.

And I have to thank Shanny and the new FO for building this team with character people. After posting an article on Rulon Davis today, and thinking about the quality of the people we have on this great team for some time now, I realized that this my be the Bronco team that pulls at my heart more than any before. I know that's a bit of a stretch given how much I loved the Elway, Smith, TD, McCaffrey years, and the days of the OC "over-achievers". But to be honest, I never knew as much about the individuals as I do now, and what I see is what I like.

Lasy year was a very character-oriented draft, with class men like Clady, Royal, Hillis and so on. In fact, I remember Mayock saying something about the character of the Broncos draft, after he took a moment to assess the overall group we had signed up. It was like, "I get it".

And this year....the FAs we have acquired are pretty much described as leaders on and off the field, and quality type individuals.....pretty much every one of them. Of course, Dawkins takes the cake, but what I read about Davis, Gaffney and the others always seems to end up with a comment about their character.

And after the draft......well it's been mentioned many times the appproach taken by our team in terms of signing quality people. I am already pulling big time for Moreno, Ayers, Smith, Davis and the others, for what I have seen and read about them. I get the feeling that Orton and Simms are good folks, and the list goes on.

Here's to the 2009 Broncos....maybe not the most talented, maybe not SB bound for a couple of years, but definitely a class act and likely to over-achieve in the coming season.

Its a tough thing for me to say that I have a particular favorite broncos team. I seem to like something from the different teams over the years.

Steve Atwater has always been my favorite. Before him there was Smith, Elway, the three amigos and a host of others.

For me it was always something to watch them play over the years. The loses in the SB, then the wins.

Plummer and them going to the AFC championship game. Watching lynch and Champ patrol the backfield took me back to the days of Atwater.

This is another year and different players for sure, but the logo and the colors are the same. Invesco may not be mile high, but I hope they defend it along with the colors until the clock strikes zero.

This years team is my favorite team, for they are the Broncos and I am a fan. Just like they were my favorite team in 08, 07, 06 and so on...

sigpic

Comment

Man deja vu! There was a thread just like this one last off-season on the Detroit Lions Message Boards. :go:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ursamajor View Post
            Man deja vu! There was a thread just like this one last off-season on the Detroit Lions Message Boards. :go:
            Wow, how many forums do you defecate in?

Comment

Man.......your post is totally unique and makes me want to cry just a little......after I let out some gas.

Comment

Man.......your post is totally unique and makes me want to cry just a little......after I let out some gas.
                Oh no, you have gas AGAIN? Everyone clear the room immediately
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                  Oh no, you have gas AGAIN? Everyone clear the room immediately
                  Hey VD........if I don't get it naturally (which is an unlikely scenario) I come to GD for reinforcement!!!!

Comment

Hey VD........if I don't get it naturally (which is an unlikely scenario) I come to GD for reinforcement!!!!
                    Seems logical
                    Personally Im not a big fan of sharp stomach pains though
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oldster View Post
                      Wow, how many forums do you defecate in?
                      It was ridiculous I know. That is the point.

You had a team that won back to back SB's, and this one is your favorite? Why? because of the "character" of the players? well, I thought that people wanted to watch their teams win Championships, not sit around a bon fire, hold hands, and sing "Kumbaya".

If character is valued higher then ability, then why not cut the entire roster, and sign 53 people from the Peace Corps or something. Im sure your team will be very high on character then.
                      sigpic

Comment

Over the many years I've pulled for the Broncos I have to say that this may be my favourite team of them all, from a people perspective. .

Im all for character. The Air Force Falcons have more character than any football team in college football. I like rooting for them, but I know they will never win a bcs bowl game.

Im all for character....but I like to win too.
                        sigpic

Comment

It was ridiculous I know.

You don't know how ridiculous it was, yet so revealing.

Comment

Originally posted by oldster View Post
                            you don't know how ridiculous it was, yet so revealing.
                            rotflmao!!!
                            sigpic
                            I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

It was ridiculous I know. That is the point.

You had a team that won back to back SB's, and this one is your favorite? Why? because of the "character" of the players? well, I thought that people wanted to watch their teams win Championships, not sit around a bon fire, hold hands, and sing "Kumbaya".

If character is valued higher then ability, then why not cut the entire roster, and sign 53 people from the Peace Corps or something. Im sure your team will be very high on character then.
                              Some folks take a story, and manipulate it to the "ridiculous" as well.

I said "this may be".....this is a small reach. It does not mean I snub the SB teams or any of the others. It simply means that, based on how much I am coming to know this group, and how much I'm getting attached to them as folks that I want to pull for, this is becoming a group I really want success for.

Some of the articles we write need to be read with a little imagination and hope and spirit. It's not all black and white.

In the end, just try to take this thread for what it's worth.....a feel good story about a bunch of great guys, who may go on to surprise us, and who will be successful given a little time.

None of this is about being disrespectful to the old teams. And none of this should be translated as, winning doesn't matter.

In fact, as has happened before here, the whole point of the thread goes flying over a few people's heads.
                              Last edited by CanDB; 05-05-2009, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X