Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUMOR: Ryan Torain to be next RB released by McDaniels

Just a rumor as of now. Wouldn't really be too shocking:

Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels has thoroughly revamped his team’s RB corps and commenced dumping some holdovers from the Mike Shanahan era, releasing Selvin Young on April 30. The next to go is likely to be Ryan Torain, an oft-injured favorite of Shanahan’s. Torain, a fifth-round pick last year, was able to play in just two games last season between an elbow injury and a torn ACL.
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...apup050309.htm

I think he will be safe for a while. Since he is injured we can put him on PUP, until week 6 of the regular season and he won't take up a roster spot.

If we lose some RB's due to injury he could help out.
    sigpic

Comment

Still, I wish McD would give another chance to Torain... I mean, maybe the guy could be a great asset to the team. From the few plays he had last year, he didn't look bad. I know there's a issue with his health, but still, keep him one more year, maybe he turns out to be quite good for the team.
      sigpic

Comment

If Torain does not get ready to play before the season starts... What else can we do? Carry him on the PUP list? He is not an exceptional RB anyway. He is a good person, I enjoyed his blog entries, but when it comes to football he is expendable.
        sigpic

Comment

Texans fans everywhere are salivating

Comment

He's not even close to being ready to play. He's what 5-6 months removed from ACL injury?

He's destined for PuP/IR again this year if he isn't cut. I pray Houston doesn't take a flier on him. Give Arian Foster a chance, lot better than an injury prone RB. (YES INJURY PRONE!) Past 2 years hes played 2 games 15 carries and has had Lis Franc, Fractured Elbow, and Torn ACL. Helluva medical resume hes got there....

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
              He's not even close to being ready to play. He's what 5-6 months removed from ACL injury?

He's destined for PuP/IR again this year if he isn't cut. I pray Houston doesn't take a flier on him. Give Arian Foster a chance, lot better than an injury prone RB. (YES INJURY PRONE!) Past 2 years hes played 2 games 15 carries and has had Lis Franc, Fractured Elbow, and Torn ACL. Helluva medical resume hes got there....
              Indeed. He's made of crystal or has REEEEALY bad luck...

I wouldn't be surprised if we release him, if Lamont Jordan get healthy and stay healthy hes much better anyway.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                Indeed. He's made of crystal or has REEEEALY bad luck...

I wouldn't be surprised if we release him, if Lamont Jordan get healthy and stay healthy hes much better anyway.
                No one knows how good Torrain is, he's played one half of football in his career, I hope that we give him a chance.
                sigpic
                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                  No one knows how good Torrain is, he's played one half of football in his career, I hope that we give him a chance.
                  3 major injuries in two years? (and I do mean MAJOR)

No thanks.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

With McDaniels bringing in so many new RB's, most that were already on roster don't stand a chance. It is ok though, I'm pretty sure none of the RB's on roster last year make any money. A lot also didn't prove much while they all got injured right away. The only one I really see haveing a shot to stick around is Hillis and that is mostly because of his versatility.

Comment

IR him this year, see if he can come back and be the power style back when we let Jordan go the next season.
                      sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                      SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Torain deserves another chance...he's barely been given the opportunity to prove himself
                        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I don't think he will be released yet. Too young and too much to prove, plus he is a "character" guy that McDaniels seems to like. I don't see any other RB from last year on the team however (Hillis obviously excluded).
                          We are going with Plan A

Comment

Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
                            Just a rumor as of now. Wouldn't really be too shocking:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...apup050309.htm
                            I don't know how accurate it is to call any RB a Shanahan "favorite". Mike Bell was considered a Shanahan "favorite" at one time. Torain was just Shanahan's latest late-round gamble. I doubt any RB other than TD can really be called a Shanahan "favorite".

Regardless, given the logjam at the RB position, Torain would be the first to go if the need arose. Buckhalter is the most accomplished of the backs we have, Jordan knows the scheme and Arrington is the only speed-back.

As others have suggested though, he might land on PUP if he is eligible.
                            Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

I doubt any team in the NFL, including the Broncos, wants Torain on their roster. If he's still P-Squad eligible, which I think he is, that's where we should keep him this year.

If he can stay healthy; he could help us later in the season if nessisary.
                              If not; cut him as soon as he's hurt again.
                              If another team swipes him off the P-Squad; good riddance.

Comment

Working...
                              X