Broncos "D" Logo - 2 DIFFERENT Versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos "D" Logo - 2 DIFFERENT Versions

After doing a couple hours of research through my extensive photo library, I've found out that the Broncos used two different versions of the "D" logo on their helmet...

A couple years ago I noticed the one that's on my helmet on my lamp from the 80's is different than the one that's seen pretty much everywhere, so I figured that they just used a more detailed version on the helmet and a simpler version for print and products... wrong.

Attached is an image with the two different logos...

On the left: Used 1968-1991
    On the right: Used 1992-1996 & 2001 (Thanksgiving Throwback)

After more research, the horse used on the helmet decal from 1968-91 has a black outline around it.

The logo on the right was used for products and print well before it was used on the helmet.

Both logos are optimized to replicate the colors as one would see them on the field, on the computer screen.

WOW dude and kudos for that!

And we discussed in PM, the only difference I noticed in personal memorabilia was some steam out the nose didn't have the black marks in it.

CP coming your way when I reload. Very interesting and deep digging info.

:go:
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Nice thread, I never noticed that either. nice find

Kyle Orton Army #24sigpic

Comment

I just spent several minutes looking around my home office shrine here.

Most of what I have is in blue and does not have the marks in the nose steam. When I actually found the first one with black and marks in the steam it was a banner.

Way cool trivia here.

sigpic

Comment

I have so much stuff in this home office.

I just found a key chain and bumper sticker with black and marks in the steam.

I'M ON A MISSION!!

sigpic

Comment

Here's a good site if you like that kind of thing - it's a site dedicated to uniform changes ( to an unbelievable degree) and tracks the evolution of them:

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/

Comment

OK I just found one of the D stickers given to season ticket holders.

Now get this. It's blue WITH the steam marks in it. Combined both!!

sigpic

Comment

I'm currently compiling a photo guide to show it... shouldn't take too long here...

Also, I know of uniwatch and was once a member of the CCSLC (got kicked off for a really stupid reason)

Comment

Originally posted by White Dragon View Post
                  I'm currently compiling a photo guide to show it... shouldn't take too long here...

Also, I know of uniwatch and was once a member of the CCSLC (got kicked off for a really stupid reason)
                  I was just able to pay that promise.

See your PM. I'm trying to get a photo of that unique combination.

eBay?

NOT!!

What's really weird is the markings on the horse don't match either one. Could it be one of the Oscar Meyer promos?

Either way, it's blue with the markings.
                  Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 05-09-2009, 11:46 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Okay, first off, here are two close ups from the helmet I have where I first noticed it...

Next, I was mistaken about the years... it was from 1968-1992 and from 1993-1996 & 2001

Here are various photos that PROVE it... I hope this is enough evidence, if not, I can get as many photos from as many different years as I happen to have ones from...

1991 A
                    1991 B

Comment

JUST found this on eBay...

Old Rawlings Helmet

Comment

More stuff found on eBay... it appears as though even the new logo, the horse had a black outline...

AUTHENTIC BIKE Helmet

AUTHENTIC Riddell Helmet

Comment

FULL SIZE Autographed Helmets

Comment

Originally posted by White Dragon View Post
                            After doing a couple hours of research through my extensive photo library, I've found out that the Broncos used two different versions of the "D" logo on their helmet...

A couple years ago I noticed the one that's on my helmet on my lamp from the 80's is different than the one that's seen pretty much everywhere, so I figured that they just used a more detailed version on the helmet and a simpler version for print and products... wrong.

Attached is an image with the two different logos...

On the left: Used 1968-1991
                            On the right: Used 1992-1996 & 2001 (Thanksgiving Throwback)

After more research, the horse used on the helmet decal from 1968-91 has a black outline around it.

The logo on the right was used for products and print well before it was used on the helmet.

Both logos are optimized to replicate the colors as one would see them on the field, on the computer screen.

Weird. Nice find, Nick

The one on the right looks better IMO
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice post. very interesting, I never noticed. alway thought it was just different shades of blue.:go:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X