Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can INVESCO FIELD at Mile High ever host the big one

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I actually went to a game in Tampa last year when they played the Giants.

    That stadium is impressive. Raymond James certainly deserving of the host duties.

    But the key is this: As nice as Invesco may be, they would never risk their half-time show being played in a blizzard.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
      Oh yeah likes theres just a TON to do in Flagstaff, Arizona
      I think it just has to do with weather because its usually pretty cold here in February.
      FYI Glendale is about 3 hours south of Flagstaff.

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        I'd love to see a foul weather Super Bowl but now it's really all about the other events of the week so it's not going to happen.
        \

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
          I actually went to a game in Tampa last year when they played the Giants.

          That stadium is impressive. Raymond James certainly deserving of the host duties.

          But the key is this: As nice as Invesco may be, they would never risk their half-time show being played in a blizzard.
          Would you rather have a Super Bowl like SB 41, in rain or one in snow? I'd rather watch the players battling in snow for the football, in the biggest game of the year... Plus, Invesco Filed is awesome, and NFL should consider it. It's kinda boring to see the game played in Miami, Tampa, San Diego, New Orleans all the time... I guess that's why Goodell is thinking of a Super Bowl in Europe. A change from all the usual locations for a Super Bowl.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Red-Falcon View Post
            ... I guess that's why Goodell is thinking of a Super Bowl in Europe. A change from all the usual locations for a Super Bowl.
            I'd personally like to see variety but Goodell would be foolish to tinker with the single biggest event in American sports.
            \

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Red-Falcon View Post
              Would you rather have a Super Bowl like SB 41, in rain or one in snow? I'd rather watch the players battling in snow for the football, in the biggest game of the year... Plus, Invesco Filed is awesome, and NFL should consider it. It's kinda boring to see the game played in Miami, Tampa, San Diego, New Orleans all the time... I guess that's why Goodell is thinking of a Super Bowl in Europe. A change from all the usual locations for a Super Bowl.
              No, he is wanting games overseas for one reason and one reason ONLY!!!! $$$$$$$$! The same reason why they are allready talking about making the games pay-per-view!! GREED!!!
              sigpicoh YEAH?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by MNBroncs85 View Post
                That raises a good point. I think the super bowl should be played in the elements. Rain snow whatever.
                I think a lot of football fans would like that. Problem is, the majority of people who watch the Superbowl aren't football fans. The NFL won't give the game to a stadium that has a high chance of bad weather at that time of year -- especially cold and snow. I'd love to see the teams duke it out in bad weather than in the air conditioning on carpet, but I think we're in the minority overall.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  All those people standing around in shorts and beach gear, while snow was blowing sideways would be awesome!!!!!!

                  Would be great to see it at invesco, but ain't happening.

                  so then, I don't care where it is as long as it is on US SOIL.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Plus if there would have been a blizzard durring the "wardrobe malfunction" her top wouldn't have fallen off, it would have still been "pinned up"


                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I like the fact that the broncos are the only team to play at invesco. Lets keep it that way i dont want two teams i dont have anything invested in to use our locker room and field. haaha ITS OUR HOUSE!!! i wouldnt let someone else throw a party there!!:go:
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Blue-N-Orange View Post
                        I like the fact that the broncos are the only team to play at invesco. Lets keep it that way i dont want two teams i dont have anything invested in to use our locker room and field. haaha ITS OUR HOUSE!!! i wouldnt let someone else throw a party there!!:go:
                        Never thought about that before. Never thought about the SB here for that matter. So I'm with you. I don't want any other teams here either.:go:
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                          Oh yeah likes theres just a TON to do in Flagstaff, Arizona
                          I think it just has to do with weather because its usually pretty cold here in February.
                          LOL...Dats funny
                          sigpic Tha100%RetuRN...

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            the SB will never be in Denver...

                            Havn't you heard Goodell is moving the greatest American sports spectacle to London
                            He's still Tim Tebow... and you're NOT!
                            But Peyton Manning will win a Super Bowl.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                              Oh yeah likes theres just a TON to do in Flagstaff, Arizona
                              I think it just has to do with weather because its usually pretty cold here in February.
                              In Flagstaff? No, there isn't, but that's an hour and a half away from the stadium. The resorts in Scottsdale are absolutely insane. Between that, golfing, and the ridiculous girls/nightlife here - I'd think that's what an athlete would be looking for.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by DBroncs04 View Post
                                In Flagstaff? No, there isn't, but that's an hour and a half away from the stadium. The resorts in Scottsdale are absolutely insane. Between that, golfing, and the ridiculous girls/nightlife here - I'd think that's what an athlete would be looking for.
                                Mill Ave. & Scottsdale Rd. :salute!:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X