X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyrend
    replied
    Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
    Perhaps you should read up on that little airport called DIA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_...tional_Airport
    I live in California and even I can tell you DIA is awesome

Leave a comment:

• DancingHorsey
    replied
    Originally posted by Angrybearsfan View Post
    -The ability to have 400 or so private jets land/take off in three hours time or so. I know this sounds like I am joking, but this is true. The sheer number of jets at the SB will astound you. Airfields do HUGE business with fuel and landing fees for two weeks. I think there are three airports around the Denver area, one being Denver Intl....but I am not sure they could handle evenhalf the traffic.
    Perhaps you should read up on that little airport called DIA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_...tional_Airport

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
    If they ever added a roof to Invesco, it would be for the sole purpose of bringing in the Superbowl and maybe one or two other events. They would almost certainly leave it open for all other Football games. It WON'T get the Superbowl without a roof.

When I look at the top edge of Invesco though... it says to me... 'We built this to be impossible to put a roof on, so that we could never make that mistake. Keep football pure.'

As for the size and activities in Denver... Jacksonville FL actually doesn't even have enough rooms to host such an event (hotel rooms)... yet they got one. They had to bring in cruise ships just to board people. Ever stay on a cruise ship? The ships are a blast... the rooms are tiny and claustrophobic.

Denver has already hosted the NBA allstar game and then last year the DNC... which given the number of events involved... possibly needed more rooms and places to do things.

Denver's capable of holding the Superbowl. One of the greatest cities in the world, and I firmly believe that.
    I'll have to disagree with that little bit there... I've had nothing but great experiences on cruise ships I remember I went last summer and got to watch the NBA Finals on some massive 150 inch TV out on the deck live. It was awesome.

Leave a comment:

• broncsfan21
    replied
    Don't think of the SB as a football game, think of it as a two week event. Then ask if Denver can host a two week event.

In order to do that you must have the following.

-The ability to have 400 or so private jets land/take off in three hours time or so. I know this sounds like I am joking, but this is true. The sheer number of jets at the SB will astound you. Airfields do HUGE business with fuel and landing fees for two weeks. I think there are three airports around the Denver area, one being Denver Intl....but I am not sure they could handle evenhalf the traffic.

-The ability to get to the SB via roads. I know, another "duh" one but this is the one that sinks most cities. You cannot have the stadium out in the middle of nowhere with only one road in and out. I think this was the main problem with the Jacksonville SB and the reason why it will never take place there again.

-The ability to hold a mass media event INSIDE for two weeks. You needs a big convention hall or something similar. The NFL puts on a huge show. People who watch the SB only see about one tenth of the actual stuff going on. Heck, the game is actually second place to all the other stuff like NFL Experience, parties..etc.

IMO there are two and only two cold weather cities that can do all three of the above. New York and Chicago. I think Seattle might be able to do the things but they will never put the SB in Seattle.

They want snow, not rain. That is a big thing. If you want a bad weather game, you can get that in Miami in February. 2006 had a ton of rain. I also think the Steelers played a SB in 35ish degree weather, no snow though.

A SB with a lot of snow would be great, but even with New York and Chicago weather it is still a roll of the dice. Probably just as likely to get rain as snow.
    DIA can handle that many private jets no problem. Shoot, Jeffco airport could put a decent dent in that number, so air traffic wouldn't be an issue.

As for roads, Invesco is pretty easy to get to. Plenty of roads and public transit go to the stadium.

Clearly you think Denver is still a cow town, but we are just as capable as any city.

As for weather, in February we are typically past the brutal cold that we see in december/january. Heck, i think a year or so ago we hit 70 degrees in Feb. Not saying that is frequent, but we are capable of having comfortable weather in february.

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied
    Don't think of the SB as a football game, think of it as a two week event. Then ask if Denver can host a two week event.

-The ability to get to the SB via roads. I know, another "duh" one but this is the one that sinks most cities. You cannot have the stadium out in the middle of nowhere with only one road in and out. I think this was the main problem with the Jacksonville SB and the reason why it will never take place there again.

-The ability to hold a mass media event INSIDE for two weeks. You needs a big convention hall or something similar. The NFL puts on a huge show. People who watch the SB only see about one tenth of the actual stuff going on. Heck, the game is actually second place to all the other stuff like NFL Experience, parties..etc.

IMO there are two and only two cold weather cities that can do all three of the above. New York and Chicago. I think Seattle might be able to do the things but they will never put the SB in Seattle.

They want snow, not rain. That is a big thing. If you want a bad weather game, you can get that in Miami in February. 2006 had a ton of rain. I also think the Steelers played a SB in 35ish degree weather, no snow though.

A SB with a lot of snow would be great, but even with New York and Chicago weather it is still a roll of the dice. Probably just as likely to get rain as snow.
    Ummm... I think those areas are where we are not lacking in the least... I don't think you realize that Denver just built a huge new convention center, just hosted the Democratic National Convention and just had another huge convention here just this year. I guarantee the DNC brought in just as many if not more jets than the Super Bowl would... We are not talking about hosting the Super Bowl in Laramie, Wyoming or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Twizlers
    replied
    Honestly let's think about this for a bit. It really doesn't snow THAT much. And when it does, it's melted the next day. So really, Denver would be the perfect place for a Superbowl of the elements.

Plus we get 300+ days of sun every year. That's gotta be better than NY/NJ

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Armada
    replied
    I think it would be cool.

Though I think Denver still has a "cow town" stigma.

I think there are enough attractions especially during the winter time in Colorado for Denver to host a SB.

Unfortunately NFL seems only interested in "hip" cities.

Leave a comment:

• kratos_godofwar
    replied

To answer all those in bold, yes to all.

DIA is one of the biggest airports in all of America. It can more than hold 400 or so private jets.

Yes, there are many ways to get into Invesco. There's plenty of ways in and out of there. No problem there.

What city/state wouldn't be able to hold a massive indoor SB event. Especially if they have a NFL team. It more times than not comes down to the stadium itself.

The city of Denver is more than capable of holding a SB event. It's held some major events before, and it still can. Holding a SB event is nothing compared to holding a event for the world's leaders.

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied

I don't think snow would be a factor depending on what time of the day it snows if that makes any sense lol.

They would probably clear the field of the snow but it would probably be cold as hell.

But the winter games that i saw this year in Denver didn't look that bad.

It actually looked really nice with the chilly air and the sunniness.

It gets boring seeing Florida get it all the time hopefully the NY Superbowl will open doors.

Leave a comment:

• Angrybearsfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MileHighHitMan7
    replied
    Originally posted by jc13 View Post
    im from so cal i have never been to colorado let alone denver

anyways its a fairly nice and new stadium

not to mention that it can hold more people the reymond james stadium

why hasnt mr.bowlen put in a bid for the superbowl

is the weather realy bad in early february i know its cold but is it bad?

dont bash me cus im not familar with the state and climate over there
    Actually, Invesco was built in hopes of also drawing a SB. The Broncos have tried in vain to get the NFL to bring it here. The fact of the matter is, it all boils down to market share. The league does not think the Denver is a big enough market to host a SB. The funny thing is I think Arizona, Minnesota, Detroit and Indy only got it for having a dome stadiums. There is more to do here during the winter season than most of those other locations.

Leave a comment:

• LSIGRAD09
    replied
    Bring it on. NY NJ only got it because of NY. NJ hardly a factor, although my brother brags how the Giants get it with their stadium.

Hoping INVESCO gets it.

Leave a comment:

• ethanjano
    replied
    I think it would be cool if they did something where every 4 years there is a cold weather Superbowl. It would make it so it is fairly often, but spread enough that it is still seen as a special or rare event. New York 2014, Denver 2018, Lambeau Field 2022?

Leave a comment:

• Mile High Mike
    replied
    Without a doubt I'm on board. A Mile High Super Bowl would be amazing. That is if we all survive 2012 LOL.

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied
    I thought it would be cool to bump this old thread since the topic is on the rise right now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X