Can Orton Close out games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
    I just have been seeing more and more of people telling other teams fans that they aren't welcome here or to go back to their board. That is not something that used to be acceptable. It is something that seems to now be acceptable.
    It's not acceptable.

This is a game. A wonderful, glorious, miraculous game! But a game none the less. Telling people they're not welcome here is not what this game nor this community is about.

If someone violates the CoC, report them and we'll look at it. I do agree that we need to do our best to refrain from the "get off our boards!" remarks though.

They're our boards - that's true. But "our" includes everyone in the community, as long as they treat it and the other members respectfully.

Comment

Don't listen to these kids Chicago fans. They are just hurt by the offseason and are venting their frustrations on you. This site will always welcome posters from other teams as they contribute a lot, as long as the COC is followed.

I care what everyone here thinks...

It is amazing how much this place has changed over the past couple of years. Any time you would see these "get off our boards", type posts, there would be a ton of veteran posters jumping down the throat of those that said it. Now it seems that the majority just join in on it. This forum has become a lot less classy than it used to be.
      jhns, the problem is, you're in the minority here. A lot of people have gotten over the Cutler trade. You're still frustrated. I and everybody else here see why you're now looking for support from members of other teams that share your agenda of bashing our football team, including our head coach and our QB. That's what your posts mostly preach all the time, and to see somebody doing the same thing you're doing, it's understandable you find some mutual sympathy
      sigpic
      I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
        I don't know who has the talent to step up to be the big-time receiver on the Bears. Maybe there's a rookie or 2nd year player who's looking good. Maybe Hester will develop. Who do you think will step up?

We'll see about Ron Turner. For sure, he'll be out of excuses. He's got a talented, Pro Bowl QB who is coming into his prime. He's got a second year RB who if he isn't good, it's because he's great. And finally, he has a revamped O-line. If Turner doesn't do well this season, then I think he should be gone.

I just don't understand why the Bears brough Ron Turner back. He was 37 and 52 at Illinois. Did they bring him back because of a successful season 14 years ago?
        I meant the possibility of Plax in Chi
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
          We have a forum titled "Other teams."

We also have one called "Talkin' Smack."

Guess what those forums are for?

I agree with many of the posters on the boards that say they see a trend of Bears fans attempting to disrupt threads for no other reason than to be antagonists.

It does indeed seem to be happening with increasing frequency - albeit also with increasing subtlety.

"Subtle" doesn't mean "invisible" however.

Take it to the Smack forum. Take it to the Other Teams forums. Do stop intentionally derailing the General BRONCOS Discussion forums however.

There's no reason this needs to result in moderations and suspensions. Just keep the pestering in the forums it belongs in.

Thanks in advance.
          I really didn't mean for the tone of this thread to be talking smack. I thought it was just a good topic for discussion and about the Broncos.
          Understand that I am a Bears fan but also that I have followed Orton's career. His ability to improve himself makes him a very easy guy to cheer for. I am here because I will continue to cheer for Orton unless his success interferes with the success of the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
            jhns, the problem is, you're in the minority here. A lot of people have gotten over the Cutler trade. You're still frustrated. I and everybody else here see why you're now looking for support from members of other teams that share your agenda of bashing our football team, including our head coach and our QB. That's what your posts mostly preach all the time, and to see somebody doing the same thing you're doing, it's understandable you find some mutual sympathy
            When have I said anything bad aoubt our QB or football team? The worst you will find from me about the QB is that we have downgraded the position. Sorry if you find that as bashing. I see it as using my brain.

I have always said that anyone can post here. I even stand up for those that don't share my opinion if they follow the COC. I'm sorry that you get hurt by what they post. The thing is, it doesn't really matter. They have the same right to post here as you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              Well, for one, the debate over whether or not Orton is as good as Cutler is ludicrous and not worth the time. Cutler has had more success so far; end of story.

That being said, are you really not willing to admit that a lack of pass protection had anything to do with his less than stellar numbers last year, or a lack of playmakers to throw to????? Most of the tape I have seen he was given a minimum of 2 seconds before the pocket collapsed.
              I would say that the Bears offensive line collapsing quickly wasn't the norm. They were the 11th best O line in the NFL in pass protection. In addition to that, for half the season Kyle's poor mobility got poorer because of his high ankle sprain. A pass rush against someone who is somewhat of a statue compared to one of the more mobile QB's in the NFL looks different. 1 focuses on collapsing the pocket at any cost... the other focuses on containing the QB in the pocket as they try to collapse it. I think that is a difference you will notice with Kyle at QB... the Broncos offensive line will probably not go from first to worst but life isn't going to be as easy.
              Understand that I am a Bears fan but also that I have followed Orton's career. His ability to improve himself makes him a very easy guy to cheer for. I am here because I will continue to cheer for Orton unless his success interferes with the success of the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Grabowski View Post
                To answer the question of this thread, no, Orton has never thrown a winning td pass in a game and he's never completed a pass to set up a game winning field goal either.

And as far as finishing a season, Orton had ratings of 38, 48 and 49 in 3 of the last 5 games last season. The Bears won 2 of those games. That's why I laugh when I hear someone say "Orton's a winning QB".
                Let's see in the Atlanta game he threw a touchdown in the corner of the end zone with 18 seconds lefrt on the clock.Defense lost that game. Shoots what you said all to hell. You need to go back to our Chicago board they don't need this Neg. crap. People here actually are excited. So guess what, move on go home they don't even wanna hear this crap in Chicago.
                Mike O.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillIeverMakeit View Post
                  They attempted a fair amount of passes. It was "conservative" at times because the QB wasn't capable of running the offense all the time. If they weren't "conservative," Orton's stats would have been a disaster. They got Cutler to open the offense and run plays that they used to not be able to do, not to stay conservative.
                  I will say this for you. You are persistant! You must have blinders on. People have asked you to leave them alone and you just can't stop. Jesus man let up go back to Chicago's side of the internet.Not for us but yourself. Don't you get tired of people telling to F_ _ __ O_ _
                  Mike O.

Comment

• Originally posted by exultu View Post
                    I will say this for you. You are persistant! You must have blinders on. People have asked you to leave them alone and you just can't stop. Jesus man let up go back to Chicago's side of the internet.Not for us but yourself. Don't you get tired of people telling to F_ _ __ O_ _
                    This attitude is actually much less acceptable here as it is against the COC (code of conduct)...... I see a few things in this post that go against what this forum is about.

We have a wonderful ignore feature on this site that everyone can use for people that they don't like reading posts from.

Comment

This attitude is actually much less acceptable here as it is against the COC (code of conduct)...... I see a few things in this post that go against what this forum is about.

We have a wonderful ignore feature on this site that everyone can use for people that they don't like reading posts from.
                      Well my friend it's not like I wrote bad words it infers them and that is what it is ment to do. I really don't think I broke any conduct rules. This guy is the most annoying person. But hey to each there own. You want to read stuff that looks like it comes from a church so be it. In the real world people do get upset sometimes my friend.:go:
                      Mike O.

Comment

• Originally posted by exultu View Post
                        Well my friend it's not like I wrote bad words it infers them and that is what it is ment to do. I really don't think I broke any conduct rules. This guy is the most annoying person. But hey to each there own. You want to read stuff that looks like it comes from a church so be it. In the real world people do get upset sometimes my friend.:go:
                        Well, even though that isn't the only thing I was talking about, here is the first line of the COC.

"• Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images. This includes implied profanity, whether you bypass the profanity filter by replacing or adding characters, or even if you simply use profane language and allow the filter to replace it."

I don't care what the real world does. You are telling someone what this site wants as you don't follow what this site wants.

Comment

Well, even though that isn't the only thing I was talking about, here is the first line of the COC.

"• Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images. This includes implied profanity, whether you bypass the profanity filter by replacing or adding characters, or even if you simply use profane language and allow the filter to replace it."

I don't care what the real world does. You are telling someone what this site wants as you don't follow what this site wants.
                          Well looking at it in that sense I guess your right. It's time for me to apoligize.
                          Mike O.

Comment

• Originally posted by psychobear View Post
                            I would say that the Bears offensive line collapsing quickly wasn't the norm. They were the 11th best O line in the NFL in pass protection. In addition to that, for half the season Kyle's poor mobility got poorer because of his high ankle sprain. A pass rush against someone who is somewhat of a statue compared to one of the more mobile QB's in the NFL looks different. 1 focuses on collapsing the pocket at any cost... the other focuses on containing the QB in the pocket as they try to collapse it. I think that is a difference you will notice with Kyle at QB... the Broncos offensive line will probably not go from first to worst but life isn't going to be as easy.
                            Well, like I said, I didn't watch them a whole lot last year.

I have looked at some stats, and the ratio of sacks per pass attempt weren't too bad in Chicago.

Man, I feel bad for Pittsburgh's O-line. Their stats were terrible. You can't blame that on the Steeler's O-line too much. Big Ben holds the ball forever. They gave up twice as many sacks as the Bears.

As far as types of pass rush, I agree with what you are saying. Having guys on the edge just to contain Cutler is not necessarily applicable if that is what you were trying to say. He's not a Vick or a Randall Cuningham that is going to just take off and run whenever the protection breaks down. He's not that kind of an athlete. He's very good in the pocket, and can run when needed, but he doesn't have elite speed for a QB.

Denver had good stats last year on the edges because of Clady and Harris, who weren't in the rotation the previous year. In Cutler's 2nd year when the LT position was manned by Matt Lepsis he got pressure frequently off the edge and consequently was sacked more than twice as many times in less pass attempts.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              Well, like I said, I didn't watch them a whole lot last year.

I have looked at some stats, and the ratio of sacks per pass attempt weren't too bad in Chicago.

Man, I feel bad for Pittsburgh's O-line. Their stats were terrible. You can't blame that on the Steeler's O-line too much. Big Ben holds the ball forever. They gave up twice as many sacks as the Bears.

As far as types of pass rush, I agree with what you are saying. Having guys on the edge just to contain Cutler is not necessarily applicable if that is what you were trying to say. He's not a Vick or a Randall Cuningham that is going to just take off and run whenever the protection breaks down. He's not that kind of an athlete. He's very good in the pocket, and can run when needed, but he doesn't have elite speed for a QB.

Denver had good stats last year on the edges because of Clady and Harris, who weren't in the rotation the previous year. In Cutler's 2nd year when the LT position was manned by Matt Lepsis he got pressure frequently off the edge and consequently was sacked more than twice as many times in less pass attempts.
                              I was referring a little more to his ability to make plays on the run outside of the pocket. Yeah, he could probably run for a few yards but you are right... he's not Vick. For some reason I thought that teams focused on containment.

Comment

Working...
                              X