No announcement yet.

Arm Strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has to be consistant and not make any mistakes!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
      Oh, excuse me. Orton gets 9.5 wins a season in his 2 years as a starter.

McMahon topped 2,000 yards passing exactly twice as a Bear. As a Bear fan, you would think that was a solid season. The fact that McMahon is any kind of measuring stick in Chicago says a lot.

And Erik Kramer didn't put up solid seasons. He put up a solid season. He had awful stats the year before and the year after.

Back to the topic. It might shock most people in this thread, but this thread is NOT about the Chicago Bears. It is about arm strength, and more precisely Kyle Orton's arm strength.

In the end, GREAT arm strength isn't needed. You need GOOD arm strength. Kyle Orton has GOOD arm strength. The rest of playing the QB position is going to come from his decision making and his preparation.
      McMahon didn't put up 4000 yard seasons because he had Walter Payton at RB and a defense that didn't force him to throw over 600 times. I'm not the one who brought up the Chicago Bears. You guys did.

Comment

Originally posted by WillIeverMakeit View Post
        McMahon didn't put up 4000 yard seasons because he had Walter Payton at RB and a defense that didn't force him to throw over 600 times. I'm not the one who brought up the Chicago Bears. You guys did.
        :offtopic:

Back to the topic...

Comment

Yes, it is possible to add arm strength. One poster correctly said that most of it is natural ability, but it is possible.

Tom Brady increased his arm strength.

Sometimes a person will have good strength in their throwing shoulder, but not a very strong grip, which limits their ability to get the maximum potential from the shoulder, or it can be the other way around. Strengthening one or the other can help to add 5 and sometimes even 10 yards to your throw.

When I was younger I had a fairly strong arm, but had a very difficult time gripping the ball because of a lack of strength in my grip. I'm 37 now, and have increased the strength in my hands and forearms, and I can actually throw a ball between 50 and 55 yards, which isn't too bad for a 37 year old guy that is only 6'0" and 185.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
            I'm 37 now, and have increased the strength in my hands and forearms, and I can actually throw a ball between 50 and 55 yards, which isn't too bad for a 37 year old guy that is only 6'0" and 185.

OFF Topic

Maybe you could be a back up QB...don't you think so? I mean, Garcia is playing at age 39...
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X