Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowlen elaborates some... & reserving judgement

From The Sports Guru over at MHR

My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here, I do find it somewhat interesting that Bowlen would talk about Cutler and Orton with a Chicago sports talk station. Below is a transcript -

What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

“They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”

Any regrets about how the Cutler situation turned out?

“In my case, yeah. Jay and I got along. It just didn’t work out. However, I think he’s gone to a good place in Chicago. I think he’ll be a real asset to them and we’re moving on to a different direction.”

Could it have ended differently?

“You know, I don’t want to go down that road with Jay. I mean, Jay had his own agenda and you know I respect that. It just didn’t work out for him as for staying in Denver.”

Questioning Cutler’s tools?

“No, no, I think Jay was a very talented quarterback and he’s very early in his career and he has an opportunity to go on and be considered one of the better quarterbacks. So I don’t think there is any doubt in my mind that he has the physical and mental tools to do very well.”

What do you think about what you got in return in Kyle Orton?

“It’s a little early for me to start commenting on stuff like that, so we’ll see. We’re going through some OTAs and you know we’re watching guys throw footballs around. But, we’re a long way away-at least I’m a long way-from making any serious judgment calls on who is going to be good and who isn’t.”

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/5...s-a-little-jay

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Comment

Originally posted by Brody Epic View Post
      I think it's called honesty.

Comment

He seems to be more honest about the deal with Chicago media than he is to his own. Also is more honest than a lot of Bronco fans are to themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by oldster View Post
          Well said.....He seems to always be very candid and honest.

I have a great deal of respect for Pat Bowlen.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

honesty or not, he could at least give the guy a positive comment...you know, to at least give kyle some assurance that he's wanted or that bowlen feels like he can get the job done....the fact that bowlen is so guarded is interesting

Comment

Bowlen still wishes he had Cutler.....

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                Bowlen still wishes he had Cutler.....
                yep probably after seeing a 30 yard lame duck throw by Kyle.

*kyle throws a wobbly 30 yard pass to Royal who has to run back to it*

Bowlen: My god what have I let that lil brat of a coach do to my organization. *facepalms*
                McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Brody Epic View Post
                  because there's just as good of a chance that Simms will be our starter this year, instead of Orton, so he's smart enough not to go on record about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                    honesty or not, he could at least give the guy a positive comment...you know, to at least give kyle some assurance that he's wanted or that bowlen feels like he can get the job done....the fact that bowlen is so guarded is interesting

He's taking the company line and rightfully so, the Bronco position is that everyone has to compete to be a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
                      yep probably after seeing a 30 yard lame duck throw by Kyle.

*kyle throws a wobbly 30 yard pass to Royal who has to run back to it*

Bowlen: My god what have I let that lil brat of a coach do to my organization. *facepalms*
                      http://www.windycitygridiron.com/200...oyal-is-a-good

‘It could have been perceived as a negative moment, but Josh McDaniels saw more promise than virus. The Denver Broncos coach watched wideout Eddie Royal blister a path between a safety and cornerback 50 yards downfield, stretching his arms out in the end zone. But the arching spiral from quarterback Kyle Orton was inches too far, dropping to the earth with the thud of a manhole cover.’

‘Kyle’s arm,” the coach would later pointedly say, “was strong enough to overthrow Eddie Royal today.” … So when told of critics inside the Bears franchise who lacked faith in Orton’s arm strength, McDaniels simply protested and offered Sunday’s snapshot, when his fastest wideout couldn’t catch up to Orton’s deep ball.’
                      Good riddance. Neeeext!
                      sigpic

Comment

He's taking the company line and rightfully so, the Bronco position is that everyone has to compete to be a starter.
                        i understand that but he could still say 'i'm loking forward to a great competition between kyle and chris and no matter who wins i think this team will be in great hands'...instead of what he basically said, 'i've never seen the guy play and from what i;ve heard he sucks so i'm not sayin a word'

pat had no issue complimenting jay 4 times in that little story...why not compliment your new qb instead of the guy playing for the bears?

Comment

First of all Bowlen never makes desitions on who will start or who will be drafted because he does not make those desitions. He always says that, so why would he even consider stating a starting QB. You guts need to get away from the media. You take contexts like its God speaking to you. Here this guy said, no look at this article yada, yada, yada.OMG! Blinders....only see wht is in front of me....:go:
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                            I personally dont think he should feel that he needs to back Orton, if anything Orton should feel good he has a starting job right now with a great team. He should be the one trying every minute to prove he is worth his salt to stand behind our line and throw to our receivers. Just my 2 cents though.

Comment

I need to learn how to preview my post. :go:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X