Brandon Marshall Defends Himself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
    The part in bold shows a huge change in the coach's attitude and it's a great thing IMO. The whole "my scheme is the best scheme in the world and the Broncos are ruined if we don't run my scheme" nonsense he came in with was getting a little old.

My guess is either he has realized what he lost with Cutler, or has received a sound talking-to from Bowlen after the fiasco. Whatever the reason, he seems to have toned down considerably, as both this and his stance with Scheffler shows and it augurs very well for us as a team IMO. He's got a great foundation here now and a very good coaching staff. Hopefully we'll see a lot of building (which he's done well) and less re-structuring (which, outside of hiring Nolan, has been a disaster).
    Or, maybe he's just trying to point out that the media is trying to make a story out of nothing?
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
      Or, maybe he's just trying to point out that the media is trying to make a story out of nothing?
      There's no question that's his intention. But compare these statements to the adamant expectation for Cutler to attend voluntary workouts (non-football) compared to the need for Marshall to attend a passing camp (where football drills are being held). If you don't see a difference, fair enough. I see a huge one and whether it came as a result of self-analysis or a strong word from Bowlen, it's a very welcome change IMO.
      Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by theflammer View Post
        So your saying he has only been in trouble 3 times for fighting with women...
        Twice technically.

I freely confess this is twice (or three) too many times. I never said otherwise and I absolutely do not condone his behavior. At the same time I'm looking for some of you that are going nuts over this, saying he's done it 13 times and that we should just run him over with an Abrams to be a little bit reasonable. If you want your arguments to carry any sway, you have to at least pretend to reside within the realm of reason.

I don't condone what he did. I don't think it's okay.

But it's not 13 times, he is not Satan's own spawn, and Watley has a great many issues (if not more than Marshall) of her own that she brings to the table.

I'm not trying to justify Marshall's actions. I'm looking for some of the people in this thread to post with some objectivity, integrity, and credibility.

Many of you have (and will continue to despite all common sense) gone completely off the deep end, professing to know what happened and making many false claims in these threads.

I believe Marshall should be accountable for his actions - and so should the people that are talking about it.

Be honest, and be fair. He who has a point to make doesn't need to embellish it.

Ok, What about the other stuff you listed - is that OK
        No, absolutely not. I didn't say it was. Check every post I've ever made on this forum. There aren't very many so that shouldn't take long.

I've never said what he has done is okay. I've said that what some of the other people in this thread are doing is also not okay.

It's amazing to me how some people can be so fast to judge and rush to rage on someone else and demand accountability without first being responsible for their own actions and accountable for their own lack of integrity or objectivity.

I never said Marshall couldn't use some improvement in his personal character. I just said he wasn't the only one.

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
          There's no question that's his intention. But compare these statements to the adamant expectation for Cutler to attend voluntary workouts (non-football) compared to the need for Marshall to attend a passing camp (where football drills are being held). If you don't see a difference, fair enough. I see a huge one and whether it came as a result of self-analysis or a strong word from Bowlen, it's a very welcome change IMO.
          I respect that opinion. I'm not sure I see it the same way, but I still see that as a valid opinion. Cutler wasn't injured. He had no excuse to not be there other than "injured feelings", and he was a team captain.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
          X