Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prisco Ranks Clady #1 LT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Prisco Ranks Clady #1 LT

    In his formula for success, he ranked every team's QB, LT, Pass Rusher, and CB situation.

    He ranked them #1 to #32, and Clady was the top ranked LT, and Bailey the number 2 CB. Too bad our QB situation didn't get ranked that high, because that basically screwed us over. But nice to see somebody sees how awesome Clady is.

    Here is the link:

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11812689

    And Yes I realize this was written by Pete Prisco.

  • #2
    Originally posted by sullyboy8 View Post
    In his formula for success, he ranked every team's QB, LT, Pass Rusher, and CB situation.

    He ranked them #1 to #32, and Clady was the top ranked LT, and Bailey the number 2 CB. Too bad our QB situation didn't get ranked that high, because that basically screwed us over. But nice to see somebody sees how awesome Clady is.

    Here is the link:

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11812689

    And Yes I realize this was written by Pete Prisco.
    The QB section is a bit of a joke. To have Orton just ahead of Stafford and AFTER JeMarcus Russell?? That is just dumb.

    I get it, Orton is never going to be respected no matter how much he wins. But JeMarcus has done NOTHING. He has barely completed a pass in the NFL.
    sigpic

    I adopt andrewmlb.

    Comment


    • #3
      Clady is such a boss. :thumb:


      (Champ, still #2) Nice

      Comment


      • #4
        I didnt look at the article, but I agree with Clady being #1 and Bailey #2 (Even if he's a raider you have to respect Namdi)

        I have hope for Orton though....I just bought my Athlon Sports season preview and am in the process of making my pre training camp depth chart...cant wait for football to finally be the main focus again!

        Comment


        • #5
          I still can't believe Clady got snubbed out of the pro-bowl, not only as a first-selection, but also as an alternate.

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Twizlers View Post
            I still can't believe Clady got snubbed out of the pro-bowl, not only as a first-selection, but also as an alternate.
            That's why a Pro Bowl nomination means... nothing, except a nice trip to Hawaii.

            EDIT: By the way, I had to open a big smile when John Madden said Ryan Clady is the best OT he has ever seen. That was a HUGE compliment.
            Last edited by -Rod-; 06-02-2009, 11:08 PM.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
              The QB section is a bit of a joke. To have Orton just ahead of Stafford and AFTER JeMarcus Russell?? That is just dumb.

              I get it, Orton is never going to be respected no matter how much he wins. But JeMarcus has done NOTHING. He has barely completed a pass in the NFL.
              I think that's the problem. He can win 10 games next season and he'll still be "worse than Jay Cutler." I think it's funny how much people trash talked Jay and said he didn't win enough when he was here; He goes to Chicago, and they're kissing his butt. People just love to hate Denver, and I have never figured out why.

              I was watching the NFL Network's Game of the Week today, and they were showing our 2006 match-up against the Colts. Someone said something to the effect that no matter how well Jake Plummer does, he will always be unfairly criticized. I can see this happening to Kyle. Jake was criticized because he was still in the shadow of Elway. Kyle will be criticized because of Jay Cutler.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AtwaterHITS27 View Post
                I think that's the problem. He can win 10 games next season and he'll still be "worse than Jay Cutler." I think it's funny how much people trash talked Jay and said he didn't win enough when he was here; He goes to Chicago, and they're kissing his butt. People just love to hate Denver, and I have never figured out why.
                Denver isnt as sexy a market as say NY, Dallas or Chicago. You automatically get cool points for being in a huge urban area.

                Think about all the time the reports cover the Jets and have had one great season in their entire existence. But every year, someone finds ways to talk about them.
                sigpic

                I adopt andrewmlb.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Good for Clay in Bad Theory

                  I am glad to see Clady ranked at the top.

                  The pretense of this ranking is wrong though. Being able to pass and stop the pass?

                  The ratings at the top are fantasy stats, the ones at the bottom are completely arbitrary.

                  Matchups, mismatches and lack of turnovers would be a better measure, but a complicated formula.

                  There will be an upset every week that wrecks this formula.
                  Waiting to hear from adoption agency

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I was looking back at all the Bronco #1 draft choices under Mike Shanahan, and while I have a personal attachment to Al Wilson, and believe Trevor Pryce was a steal at his position in the first round, Ryan Clady is probably the very best 1st rounder Shanahan ever drafted.

                    Giving up a half a sack in his entire rookie season is an astonishing accomplishment that should have earned him a Pro Bowl berth.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      His QB rankings dont make much sense. Is he ranking them on their stats/talent, or their record. If on stats/talent, why is Eli and Rothlisberger so high. If record, why is Palmer, Brees, and Rivers so high. Hasselbeck ahead of Pennington? Ryan ahead of Cutler?

                      Did he just shuffle a bunch of flash cards with a starting qb's name written on each one, lay them out, and set his list that way?
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by johnjoda View Post
                        I am glad to see Clady ranked at the top.

                        The pretense of this ranking is wrong though. Being able to pass and stop the pass?

                        The ratings at the top are fantasy stats, the ones at the bottom are completely arbitrary.

                        Matchups, mismatches and lack of turnovers would be a better measure, but a complicated formula.

                        There will be an upset every week that wrecks this formula.
                        Obviously, a 6-10 team is ranked 6th best in the NFL
                        An 8-8 team is ranked 5 spots ahead of a 13-3 team

                        As he said himself "The proof, I think, is in these rankings."
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Mr. Prisco has hit on something very interesting in his analysis.

                          By taking four different positions, ranking them and adding them up, he is getting close to something called regression analysis. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else with a statistical background has already attempted it.

                          It would be an interesting undertaking.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Clady should have went to the pro bowl. Such BS why he didnt. But I love how we have such a great, young line anchored by Clady and we know he will be great for years to come.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This whole ranking system is goofy.

                              Don't get me wrong...i'm glad to see Clady getting the love he deserves...but when an entire concept is so randomly set up (QBs are so important that they're value is triple everyone else???) it's like a bittersweet victory.

                              Sure...he touted our boy...but at the same time the rest of his analysis is off the mark...so how much does that really help our guy, ya know?

                              I also think he has Orton too low on his list...but he may also have Elvis a bit too high on his list.

                              Either way, it's an interesting concept that would be neat to see play out, if it didn't seem so random.

                              Jim

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X