Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kennison's REAL reason for shooting his mouth off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kennison's REAL reason for shooting his mouth off!

This is the first I'd heard of this. This is classic!

For those who don't want to read the whole thing, here are the main highlights:
    Kansas City wide receiver Eddie Kennison had every reason to be bitter about the Denver Broncos, the team he blasted this week.

Last year an arbitrator ordered Kennison to pay back the $500,000 signing bonus Denver gave him in 2001, the year he quit the team, a Broncos official confirmed Thursday.

The Broncos recently got back Kennison's bonus, as well as the salary-cap space it took up.
    . . .
    Which explains how the Broncos remember Kennison. The night before the Broncos played the Chargers in 2001, Kennison told then-wide receivers coach Karl Dorrell, as well as Rod Smith and Brian Griese, team captains at the time, that he was quitting.

Shortly after Kennison learned he would have to return his $500,000 signing bonus, he said he wanted to come back to play. Shana- han opened the debate to his team, which voted against Kennison's return. The Broncos then cut him.
    So, it's all about the money...
    Last edited by Javalon; 12-05-2003, 08:31 AM.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Re: Kennison's REAL reason for shooting his mouth off!

Originally posted by Javalon

This is the first I'd heard of this. This is classic!
    An interesting read to say the least, the Elway aspect shows jsut how much of a real sh.tbag K.C has playing on there team. Hey K.C fans you got a real stud there!

Comment

HEY KC! I hope Kennison doesn't quit on you the night before the game.....

haha
      -----------------------------------------
      Is Atwater around? Terrell Owens needs a SMACK DOWN!

Comment

Re: Re: Kennison's REAL reason for shooting his mouth off!

Originally posted by jocool
        An interesting read to say the least, the Elway aspect shows jsut how much of a real sh.tbag K.C has playing on there team. Hey K.C fans you got a real stud there!
        The guy quit his job, like millions of others have done for a variety of reasons. But keep in mind, he did do something legal, and obviously had his reasons. Basically, he let his team down.

Before you start talking about "sh.tbags" you should look on your own team. Daryl Gardner and his pancake fight. Mike Anderson and his illegal use of drugs.

Point is, there are players on every team that don't live up to the moral, legal and ethical standards some fans would like. Playing near the mountains doesn't make a team immune to it.
        Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

This all maybe true but its amazing a week or two ago when the same rag was dogging the Broncos and Shanahan you all were talking trash about the reporters and the paper, but now they word is golden. Like I have been saying all along. You nor I were in the office of Shanahan, with Kennison. More then likely unless Shanahan is a real idiot nobody else was in there so nobody should know what was said.
          Never take life seriously.
          Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Re: Re: Kennison's REAL reason for shooting his mouth off!

He was quite the stud last year, leading everyone in yards per catch.

Well, Chiefs fans could hope that this thing will make the Broncs focus on kennison which leaves open TG,Boe,Morton,Holmes to get some throws, but I know Denver won't bite, they're not stupid.

Originally posted by jocool

Comment

Originally posted by LLChiefsFan
              This all maybe true but its amazing a week or two ago when the same rag was dogging the Broncos and Shanahan you all were talking trash about the reporters and the paper, but now they word is golden. Like I have been saying all along. You nor I were in the office of Shanahan, with Kennison. More then likely unless Shanahan is a real idiot nobody else was in there so nobody should know what was said.
              It's not a matter of what was said. It's the fact that Kennison quit on extremely short notice, hurting the team, then later found out he'd have to pay back his $500,000 signing bonus and changed his mind and decided he really did want to play after all.
              ------

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Kennison's REAL reason for shooting his mouth off!

Originally posted by Koronin
                He was quite the stud last year, leading everyone in yards per catch.

Well, Chiefs fans could hope that this thing will make the Broncs focus on kennison which leaves open TG,Boe,Morton,Holmes to get some throws, but I know Denver won't bite, they're not stupid.
                Unfortunately for KC fans Denver players are taking a big yawn on this one. They're too focused on the game.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kennison's REAL reason for shooting his mouth off!

Unfortunately? Eh?

I don't know a single chief fan who's worried about this game, it's by far the biggest and most exciting game of the year.

Ain't it cool the schedule allowed it to be so?

Originally posted by TheGlue Factory
                  Unfortunately for KC fans Denver players are taking a big yawn on this one. They're too focused on the game.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kennison's REAL reason for shooting his mouth off!

Originally posted by TheGlue Factory
                    As well they should be, they (for the most part) are professionals. It's the fans, who have the advantage of just viewing football as entertainment, that get riled up over stuff like this.
                    Inside the Broncos' locker room, the focus seemed to be more on the game than Kennison.

"If you need that to motivate you and get you ready and get you pumped, I don't know what to tell you," safety Nick Ferguson said. "We've got two home games left and this is one of them. Sold-out game. Kansas City's already beaten us. They're 11-1. We're trying to get into the playoffs. I mean, come on! Do we need to be any more motivated? We don't need any outside talk to get us any more motivated."
                    ------

Comment

I am not putting Barry Sanders on the same level as Kennison but Barrys latest appearance seems a little odd.

I respect what Barry Sanders has done in his life, but didnt he quit when it was two late to get a decent RB to replace him. He even said last night he had thought about it all off season. He could have told the team this so they could have drafted someone.

The reason Barry is in the headlines now is because he's trying to get back in the Ford family's good graces. He left the team the night before training camp in '98 and never talked to the owner since then (until last week). Now, he's going into the HOF and doesn't want to be a b#####d entry (without fan/team support). When he gets inducted and the people that matter are still pissed at him, he knows the feeling isn't gonna be what it should. So, he's trying to make it all better now in hopes that he'll be 'forgiven' for what he did 5 years ago. (This was sent to me from a die-hard Lions fan). So I can see Broncos frustration, but you guys got stood up by Kennison think if Portis would have done it. Please dont say Portis has more class because he doesnt.
                      Never take life seriously.
                      Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

KC fans should be worried as Denver IMO has been playing stronger football lately.

As for Portis having the same class as Kennison...
                        That remains to be seen but I don't think Portis will call it quits when the going gets tough like Quiterson did.
                        Last edited by TheGlue Factory; 12-05-2003, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FootballFan
                          Whatever Kennison did is not Chiefs like. But we Chiefs fan support him. All Chiefs players will play their best to back up his words. Does it mean we will beat Denver? probably so but not sure. One thing is for sure is that Chiefs will play better because of Eddy's comments. On the other hand Eddy's comments will make Brocos want to do more while penalizing lot of yards.

Chiefs have much better class than Brocos. Wahtever Kennison said had to be true, at least 75% of it. Brocos players knows that, even Shanahan knows that as well. Today I read in the paper where Shanahan told Oneal to take time off to stay beside his dad who is batteling cancer. It would be better for Oneal to play than being beside his dad where he can do nothing but wait. Shanahan don't understand that.

GOOOOO KC, HOME OF THE CHIEFS.
                          75% is an arbitrary number ... and let's not forget, people, that NO ONE would be discussing this if Kennison hadn't quit in the first place.

His "family matters" that he now claims to be the "real reason" for quitting in the first place did not surface until AFTER he found out about the $500,000 signing bonus. The guy's a hypocrite and then tried to conjure a fanatical excuse to justify quitting in the first place.

And if Kennison claims that Shanahan was less than sensitive about his "family matters," how is it that the above quote says that it would be better for Shanahan to have O'Neal PLAY instead of being with his dad? What an ironic contradiction.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Kennison's REAL reason for shooting his mouth off!

Originally posted by ReasonableChief
                            Before you start talking about "sh.tbags" you should look on your own team. Daryl Gardner and his pancake fight. Mike Anderson and his illegal use of drugs.
                            hey now, be reasonable (har har har - i bet no one has used that one before)
                            i'll give you gardener, but thats a mighty strong insult for somebody who smokes a little bit of weed. idiotic perhaps.
                            sigpic
                            go broncos
                            share the sidewalk
                            liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kennison's REAL reason for shooting his mouth off!

Originally posted by Koronin
                              I don't know a single chief fan who's worried about this game, it's by far the biggest and most exciting game of the year.

Ain't it cool the schedule allowed it to be so?
                              A division rival, on the road, and no one is worried?

I think you're generalizing a bit too much. Of course I expect the Chiefs to win, but I won't be shocked if Denver wins. The Chiefs are only 3-3 in their last 6 games at Mile High, so it's far from a certainty. Both teams are fighting for their playoff lives -- KC for homefield, Denver for just a spot.

Revenge? I think it's about even. Denver thinks they were robbed in KC, and KC's out to prove they weren't.

It should be a good one ... I just absolutely love football.
                              Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Working...
                              X