Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming August 30th.....Showdown in Denver!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Coming August 30th.....Showdown in Denver!!!

    I have never been excited about Broncos pre-season games in years past. Honestly, it is somewhat redundant to watch unless you are rooting for a player tha...


    I have never been excited about Broncos pre-season games in years past. Honestly, it is somewhat redundant to watch unless you are rooting for a player that is fighting for a roster spot. But, when I looked at the upcoming schedule for the Broncos I could not help but laugh…Sunday August 30…Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos? You couldn’t make this stuff up. How many people will be glued to this pre-season game? It should be one of the most anticipated meaningless games of all-time.

    I know that both teams will say that winning the game proves nothing. However, fans from both teams will be looking for validation. Bragging rights, water-cooler insight, and the “I told you so’s” will soon follow from fans of the winner. I am curious to see how Cutler handles the media leading up to the game and how Mile High fans will respond to him on the field. I can’t imagine how bad the comments on Broncos threads will be if Cutler comes back to town and beats his nemesis…Coach McDaniels.

    It is just a pre-season game…it is just a pre-season game…it is just a pre-season game. I keep telling myself that but, I can’t help think that this is an early statement game for both sides involved, especially for a young coach and a young quarterback. While it is an exhibition game, it should still be very exciting to watch.


    CanDB's comments:

    This is just a preseason game....but it will have a lot of hype, there will be a buzz in the air, and it will get most everyone pumped.....just prior to the season start. In the end, there will be some expected things, some unexpected things, and most likely we will all walk away thinking that nothing critical happened one way or the other. However, if more than one of our "traded" guys has a good game, and Jay does not bring his A game, well..............I may just be a little more cocky than usual for a few days afterward!!!

    127
    Denver
    69.29%
    88
    Chicago
    30.71%
    39

  • #2
    Don't the Backup QB play preseason?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by nea View Post
      Don't the Backup QB play preseason?
      The starters are scheduled to play 3 quarters for this particular game.

      That's the word on the street at least.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        http://predominantlyorange.com/2009/...-game-crucial/

        I have never been excited about Broncos pre-season games in years past. Honestly, it is somewhat redundant to watch unless you are rooting for a player that is fighting for a roster spot. But, when I looked at the upcoming schedule for the Broncos I could not help but laugh…Sunday August 30…Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos? You couldn’t make this stuff up. How many people will be glued to this pre-season game? It should be one of the most anticipated meaningless games of all-time.

        I know that both teams will say that winning the game proves nothing. However, fans from both teams will be looking for validation. Bragging rights, water-cooler insight, and the “I told you so’s” will soon follow from fans of the winner. I am curious to see how Cutler handles the media leading up to the game and how Mile High fans will respond to him on the field. I can’t imagine how bad the comments on Broncos threads will be if Cutler comes back to town and beats his nemesis…Coach McDaniels.

        It is just a pre-season game…it is just a pre-season game…it is just a pre-season game. I keep telling myself that but, I can’t help think that this is an early statement game for both sides involved, especially for a young coach and a young quarterback. While it is an exhibition game, it should still be very exciting to watch.


        CanDB's comments:

        This is just a preseason game....but it will have a lot of hype, there will be a buzz in the air, and it will get most everyone pumped.....just prior to the season start. In the end, there will be some expected things, some unexpected things, and most likely we will all walk away thinking that nothing critical happened one way or the other. However, if more than one of our "traded" guys has a good game, and Jay does not bring his A game, well..............I may just be a little more cocky than usual for a few days afterward!!!

        I doubt it will make much of a difference to anyone if either Cutler or his any of his replacements (Orton, Ayers, Smith, Quinn) do well. The "it's only preseason" argument is strong enough to quash any premature gloating from either side.

        I do hope though that the fans behave themselves.. I would not be ordinarly concerned, since we have great fans, but the Broncos PR machine has succeeded in making some (not all) fans forget the hardworking, stand-up guy that Cutler was here for three years. He will be received very well by his former teammates. One can only hope those at the game conduct themselves likewise.

        As for the game itself, it should be fun to watch.

        EDIT: Preseason games normally have teams playing vanilla defenses. It will be interesting to see if the new coach deliberately tries to blitz more just to make Cutler look bad.
        Last edited by AC1; 06-12-2009, 09:57 AM.
        Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

        Comment


        • #5
          Good post! I couldnt agree more! I bet it will also be the biggest attendence for a pre-season game as well.:go:
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Alastor View Post
            The starters are scheduled to play 3 quarters for this particular game.

            That's the word on the street at least.
            OH BOY!!!!!! I sure hope the fans don't go to extremes and just behave as they would normally. So Orton ( presumably) and Cutler, man!!!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              I have the distinct feeling that Jay Cutler will not be receiving a very warm welcome in your stadium in front of a national audience. NBC got lucky or outbid everyone else to carry it.

              Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              http://predominantlyorange.com/2009/...-game-crucial/

              I have never been excited about Broncos pre-season games in years past. Honestly, it is somewhat redundant to watch unless you are rooting for a player that is fighting for a roster spot. But, when I looked at the upcoming schedule for the Broncos I could not help but laugh…Sunday August 30…Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos? You couldn’t make this stuff up. How many people will be glued to this pre-season game? It should be one of the most anticipated meaningless games of all-time.

              I know that both teams will say that winning the game proves nothing. However, fans from both teams will be looking for validation. Bragging rights, water-cooler insight, and the “I told you so’s” will soon follow from fans of the winner. I am curious to see how Cutler handles the media leading up to the game and how Mile High fans will respond to him on the field. I can’t imagine how bad the comments on Broncos threads will be if Cutler comes back to town and beats his nemesis…Coach McDaniels.

              It is just a pre-season game…it is just a pre-season game…it is just a pre-season game. I keep telling myself that but, I can’t help think that this is an early statement game for both sides involved, especially for a young coach and a young quarterback. While it is an exhibition game, it should still be very exciting to watch.


              CanDB's comments:

              This is just a preseason game....but it will have a lot of hype, there will be a buzz in the air, and it will get most everyone pumped.....just prior to the season start. In the end, there will be some expected things, some unexpected things, and most likely we will all walk away thinking that nothing critical happened one way or the other. However, if more than one of our "traded" guys has a good game, and Jay does not bring his A game, well..............I may just be a little more cocky than usual for a few days afterward!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Ill be comn out for this game. I'll be boooooing Cutler! Might even burn his jersey inside the stadium.:go:
                Don't Panic!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I was just going to post this too.

                  I would hate to see the Broncos blitz like crazy and Cutler gets hurt, but then again there are so many Cutler haters here now, I am in the minority. I guess you can root for that to get a better draft pick from Chicago.

                  Blitzing heavily is something Josh can control and if Cutler does get hurt and in turn gets their 1st round draft pick to be much lower, then Josh may just try this. I do remember that when the Cowboys played the Broncos hard a couple of years ago, our players didn't like it. The Bears don't have a beef with the Broncos but if this game causes injuries because of play calling, someone will have to answer to the questions of "Why?". But then again, Josh is really good at lying.

                  We'll have to wait and see.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                    I was just going to post this too.

                    I would hate to see the Broncos blitz like crazy and Cutler gets hurt, but then again there are so many Cutler haters here now, I am in the minority. I guess you can root for that to get a better draft pick from Chicago.

                    Blitzing heavily is something Josh can control and if Cutler does get hurt and in turn gets their 1st round draft pick to be much lower, then Josh may just try this. I do remember that when the Cowboys played the Broncos hard a couple of years ago, our players didn't like it. The Bears don't have a beef with the Broncos but if this game causes injuries because of play calling, someone will have to answer to the questions of "Why?". But then again, Josh is really good at lying.

                    We'll have to wait and see.

                    Sorry, but I would love to see this and would pay to see it....oh wait I am going
                    Don't Panic!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
                      I have the distinct feeling that Jay Cutler will not be receiving a very warm welcome in your stadium in front of a national audience. NBC got lucky or outbid everyone else to carry it.


                      I know which is ridiculous all jay ever did here was play his best, help the community, and build the team. Yet the fans just rip on him like he is eddie kennison or something.....

                      I just dont get it! People are freaking brainwashed right now and its insane!

                      Needless to say I WILL BE THERE BABY! I am obviously a huge Bronco fan but i also like the bears a lot... My Buddy is a HUGE bears and he likes the broncos a lot.....So we are both thrilled to be going to this game....
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by broncofan2415 View Post
                        Sorry, but I would love to see this and would pay to see it....oh wait I am going

                        I would pay money to see a couple good blitz's, and cutler grabbing the facemask and sulking to the sideline.



                        Haciendadad - Conspericy theory much?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by broncofan2415 View Post
                          Ill be comn out for this game. I'll be boooooing Cutler! Might even burn his jersey inside the stadium.:go:
                          Originally posted by broncofan2415 View Post
                          Sorry, but I would love to see this and would pay to see it....oh wait I am going


                          Why???? WHy woiuld you guys do this or want to do this or see this?


                          What did Jay ever do to piss you guys off sooo much? As far as I can tell nothing.


                          PS- If you are going to burn his jersey give it to me. I dont have money to buy any bronco jerseys and i would love to be able to actually wear a jersey on game day instead of a silly bronco shirt i have.
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I hope Cutler freaking shreds the pathetic Bronco defense, and points at McDaniels after every touchdown.

                            And I hope Brian Urlacher blasts Kyle Orton a couple times. "Thanks for keeping the bench warm while Rex took us to the Super Bowl, dork"

                            Its weird, hating the team you've cheered for your entire life.
                            sigpic

                            TZ

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I cant believe some are hoping and wishing for the guy to get hurt, seems classless to me.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X