No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a worse off season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there ever been a worse off season?

I know there have been threads on this but I mean, when it's all said and done, even tho it's been all summer we will have lost our Head Coach who won SB's, an up and coming Pro Bowl QB whose not in his prime, and possibly a top 10 WR and our #1 guy...we drafted goofy, signed a dozen 30 yr old RB's and somehow got older on Defense (In some areas), In my 26 years on Earth, this is the lamest off season ever, I think Josh is just cutting days off his career here by not fixing this stuff

Why don't we just wait and see what happens this season before we all become Chicken Littles.

Comment

Oh yeah. There's been worse than this. Just not with the Internet, blogging tools, text messaging robots, NFL Network and 24-7 coverage and saturation present.

This is far from the worst.

Right now we've lost one player in a messy divorce, from which we got a starting QB and a grocery cart full of goodies.

This hardly rates as the worst off-season ever. In fact, aside from emotional attachment to Cutler and how we feel the Broncos should be a family run thing where players never leave (sadly, not possible in the NFL any more), it's not even been a bad off-season. Just one with a lot of change.

I can't really say it's been a negative one, though. In fact, I can safely say that as it sits right now our team is better than it was last year.

No, this is not the worst off-season ever, or even recently, or even by this franchise. It's just getting a lot of help from blogs and the press.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
        Oh yeah. There's been worse than this. Just not with the Internet, blogging tools, text messaging robots, NFL Network and 24-7 coverage and saturation present.

Right now we've lost one player in a messy divorce, from which we got a starting QB and a grocery cart full of goodies.

This hardly rates as the worst off-season ever. In fact, aside from emotional attachment to Cutler and how we feel the Broncos should be a family run thing where players never leave (sadly, not possible in the NFL any more), it's not even been a bad off-season. Just one with a lot of change.

I can't really say it's been a negative one, though. In fact, I can safely say that as it sits right now our team is better than it was last year.

No, this is not the worst off-season ever, or even recently, or even by this franchise. It's just getting a lot of help from blogs and the press.
        Would you mind saying which offseason was worse?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
          Would you mind saying which offseason was worse?
          When we lost Elway after winning the SB with no plan to replace him.
          sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

I think the city of Baltimore in 1983 had officially the "Worst offseason ever"
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
              I know there have been threads on this but I mean, when it's all said and done, even tho it's been all summer we will have lost our Head Coach who won SB's, an up and coming Pro Bowl QB whose not in his prime, and possibly a top 10 WR and our #1 guy...we drafted goofy, signed a dozen 30 yr old RB's and somehow got older on Defense (In some areas), In my 26 years on Earth, this is the lamest off season ever, I think Josh is just cutting days off his career here by not fixing this stuff
              yeah one off season Wade Phillips became our head coach.
              I really like Cheese.

Comment

yeah it sucks and all with brandon asking for a trade. but the cutler trade kinda evens it out, so if we end up getting rid of marshal it would be a mediocre offseason
                disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by darth-hideous View Post
                  yeah one off season Wade Phillips became our head coach.
                  Im about ready to beg wade to come and take over. This is just pathetic. What do you think will go wrong next?
                  sigpic

Comment

Well until someone posts some proof, I am sticking with this one...

If u got something worse Ala, post it

Comment

Well until someone posts some proof, I am sticking with this one...

If u got something worse Ala, post it
                      I already said it.

1984-84 Baltimore Colts offseason.

The fans didn't lose a QB, WR and a coach, they lost the WHOLE DAMN TEAM
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                        I already said it.

1984-84 Baltimore Colts offseason.
                        Im pretty sure this is limited to Broncos offseasons lol
                        sigpic

Comment

You have more energy than I do, they're not listening to reason here.

I think I'll stick to the video projects for now, it's more entertaining for everyone.

Originally posted by Alastor View Post

Comment

I'm enjoying this offseason. I want to be proud of the team I root for, and I want to respect the players on my team. Cutler wore me thin with his personality. I understand he was a promising young talent, but I refuse to compromise what I admire in a player simply because he's talented on the field. Cutler simply wore me out over time. I expect us to be worse now that he's gone, but I'm glad he is.

As for Marshall, I think he's even worse in terms of character than Cutler. That's an opinion, and it's mine, so I understand others may disagree. This is another case of being a less dynamic team if/when we lose him, but I'll be glad when he's gone.

After these two guys, there is nobody else on the team that wears on me. Some of the undrafted free agents might be potential problems, but they aren't yet.

Regardless, I see these moves as taking a step backwards as a playoff type team, but in the long run, I think they'll prove to be beneficial. Cutler seems to me to be a much bigger loss than Marshall would be. We all saw how TO destroyed teams.

Comment

THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST OFF-SEASON FOR THE BRONCO'S IN THE PAST 5 YEARS - BETTER THAN I COULD HOPE FOR

Comment

Working...
                              X