Has there ever been a worse off season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhns View Post
    That is your opinion. One that Clayton, me, and most others do not share. I don't think he has to be senile to say this offseason is a mess. We have not had close to this much drama in a single offseason, ever. I can't think of a team that has other than maybe some that moved.
    I never said this off-season wasn't a messy one. I said it wasn't the worst one. I disagree with your assessment of this off-season. It's one player so far - a quarterback -and I don't think the Broncos had much control over that.

This is hardly ground zero of a nuclear catastrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by RodSmithRules View Post
      But to call it the worst offseason ever without seeing a single down of football is just plain reactionary.
      It isn't just reactionary when you are giving away future firsts(while rebuilding) and star players. I would say I am using my head when I say these are horrible moves. Horrible moves make for a horrible offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
        I never said this off-season wasn't a messy one. I said it wasn't the worst one. I disagree with your assessment of this off-season. It's one player so far - a quarterback -and I don't think the Broncos had much control over that.

The Broncos had full control over that one player. That isn't the only issue of this offseason though.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
          It isn't just reactionary when you are giving away future firsts(while rebuilding) and star players. I would say I am using my head when I say these are horrible moves. Horrible moves make for a horrible offseason.
          You haven't seen how any of this has played out! There is no way you can call these horrible moves. You are just as speculative as the ESPN peanut gallery. If they turn out to be bad moves, so be it. But if they turn out to be smart, what will you say then? You have NO PROOF for saying these are bad moves. NONE.
          sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

This is easily the best offseason in Denver Broncos history, and arguably the best ever in the NFL.

I just find it hard to see so much negativity in this offseason when all it has done is make us better

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
              This is easily the best offseason in Denver Broncos history, and arguably the best ever in the NFL.

I just find it hard to see so much negativity in this offseason when all it has done is make us better
              if we go 7-9, it would be considered a worst offseason than last.
              I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
              I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
              I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
              "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
              God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
              Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

Well...we know where you stand. The best ever in the NFL?
                2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

I'd say that at the very least, Detroit had a worse offseason last year because they sunk to the new low of 0-16. But yeah, it has been disappointing, that is for sure.
                  Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

I'd say the 1995 or 96 offseason was the best we've ever had in Broncos history. This doesn't even rank top 5 IMO.
                    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                      It's one player so far - a quarterback -and I don't think the Broncos had much control over that.

I salute you on this....:salute!:

I think these Jay Cutler fans need to take a deap breath. Breeeaaaaaattthhhhh....
                      I didnt wish Jay Gone....Jay wished Jay gone at the end of the day. Jay made a choice....Lets see what the turnout of that choice is and stop making excuses for him making that choice. Its like abused wife syndrome. Jay Cutler didnt want to be here. He is not the only ingredient for a successful team.
                      Ahem....
                      Jay Cutler is gone. Get over it. Not in the business of keeping people who dont wanna be kept!

Comment

I still can't imagine how this offseason is worse than when two of our players died. Losing Cutler is not even close to a tragedy. Stop pretending like it is.
                        sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by RodSmithRules View Post
                          I still can't imagine how this offseason is worse than when two of our players died. Losing Cutler is not even close to a tragedy. Stop pretending like it is.
                          That is very true, from a human aspect. From a pure personnel standpoint, however, it's far from the worst. Neither is this year, although I'd say it ranks up there.

Comment

Originally posted by jdubv724 View Post
                            This is the worst offseason in NFL history.
                            Originally posted by anton... View Post
                            Sorry I gotta go with these cats, everyone has made some good points and that is all I ask when I post, I'm not looking for the world to agree with me. I still think letting Elam go the year before was a bad move too, but I am not the GM, call me crazy (And u can) but I see Shanny coaching for us again within a few years after McD screws this up. However, to debate my own point, Shanny will be flooded with job offers and I bet he takes one next year somewhere in the NFC, whatever, freedom of typing lol

Comment

Best offseason in NFL history? People tell me to calm down and not judge players before they play. Some people here need to take the same advice.
                              sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                              SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

My opinion, and mine alone.

I liked Shanahan the coach but I think he ran his course as HC/GM. I think we got all out of Shanahan that he was able to give us. Since that included two super bowl wins, I am eternally grateful. Jay Cutler was exciting, I really wish things would have worked out so we could have seen Jay Cutler working under a bright young offensive mind. But he's not here.

In re: the above, I think that us moving in a new direction brings us one head coach and one franchise QB closer to a Super Bowl win (to be clear, my feeling is that those people are not with the team at the moment).

Kyle Orton and Josh McDaniels: I don't think either is going to be the long-term solution, it's just a feeling I get, but their being here indicates that Bowlen is taking back his franchise. It could have been a lot smoother and could have included keeping our Stud QB and WR duo, but that's not how it's happening (one is gone, the other, we're not so sure about).

Bottom line: I think the sacking of Shanahan brought us one step closer to our next Super Bowl, to be clear, that's likely not happening this year, but I think we pretty much milked Shanahan of all of his Bronco success.

Comment

Working...
                                X