Has there ever been a worse off season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by draco193 View Post
    Best offseason in NFL history? People tell me to calm down and not judge players before they play. Some people here need to take the same advice.
    I think the original comment by Papa Pwn was sarcasm. Correct me if I'm wrong, Papa, but that's the vibe I got.

Ordinarily I wouldn't say anything, but I've seen a number of people respond to it so far so...

Yeah. For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
      I think the original comment by Papa Pwn was sarcasm. Correct me if I'm wrong, Papa, but that's the vibe I got.

Ordinarily I wouldn't say anything, but I've seen a number of people respond to it so far so...

Yeah. For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm.
      Couldnt tell. Papa so far has been pretty favorable to McD's descions, and the moves made. Thought he could be serious. This is why we need sarcasm font on these boards
      sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
      SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
        It isn't just reactionary when you are giving away future firsts(while rebuilding) and star players. I would say I am using my head when I say these are horrible moves. Horrible moves make for a horrible offseason.
        You still don't know bro. That's the bottom line, you just don't know...
        What's a horrible season. Worse than 8-8?
        Tell me righy now, so I can bookmark this page and bring it up in late December. If you're right, you'd get CP's and an apology, and if I'm right, I expect you to do the same...
        sigpic
        I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Originally posted by draco193 View Post
          Couldnt tell. Papa so far has been pretty favorable to McD's descions, and the moves made. Thought he could be serious. This is why we need sarcasm font on these boards
          Well, like I said, I could be mistaken.

Also it's possible for someone to actually view it that way. If one thinks that Marshall was not good for the team (and before his hold out, the discussion on his behavior was certainly a sign that many felt that way) and that Cutler lacked the team mentality... The defense did suck, we didn't have a franchise RB, and our offense rated second in yards, but only 16th in points last season when we dropped an unbelievable three game lead to cinch the division.

So... He might be being sarcastic, and I think he was - but I could be wrong. Depending on someone's view, there's a legitimate argument to be had about the direction of the team currently.

Comment

Feel like ...

... what I write is often ignored bcause I'm old(er) than most of my bros here.

I can understand how some might not want to be reminded of how much worse it could be/has been.

I'm lovin' all this offseason action because I can remember in the AFL before the merger with separate drafts, the Broncos used to draft guys most of whom signed with NFL teams. You should see the list!

Broncos just traded one QB for another one who can also play with another one already on the roster. It took the Broncos over fifteen years just to find one QB who could play well (Charley Johnson, or should I say Dr. Johnson of NMSU?).

It took a long time before the Denver Broncos had a decent O-Line, but look at it now.

You'll have to excuse me because I read posts where people complain about the players we have when there was a time when it seemed hard to get any players at all.

!Viva la Revolucion!
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Also it's possible for someone to actually view it that way. If one thinks that Marshall was not good for the team (and before his hold out, the discussion on his behavior was certainly a sign that many felt that way) and that Cutler lacked the team mentality... The defense did suck, we didn't have a franchise RB, and our offense rated second in yards, but only 16th in points last season when we dropped an unbelievable three game lead to cinch the division.

So... He might be being sarcastic, and I think he was - but I could be wrong. Depending on someone's view, there's a legitimate argument to be had about the direction of the team currently.
              Of course there is a reasn to be able to argue it. The season hasnt started, noone has played. Its all opinion and conjecture at this point. Ive argued a lot of the points youve made and how I feel about them, and I feel this offseason has not gone a positive way. Everyone here has an opinion that is as relevant as everyone else's.
              sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
              SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                You still don't know bro. That's the bottom line, you just don't know...
                What's a horrible season. Worse than 8-8?
                Tell me righy now, so I can bookmark this page and bring it up in late December. If you're right, you'd get CP's and an apology, and if I'm right, I expect you to do the same...
                I said horrible offseason, but just to satisfy what you are saying, I would accept anything better than last year. If you give away our first and our QB, you better know what you are doing and it better mean the team is getting better. So I would settle for improvement. 9 wins would be at least acceptable.

That isn't saying much though. It depends on more than what we do. Some will depend on our draft position. I can't really say it was a bad trade if we pick in the 20's or Smith turns into a pro bowler. If neither of those happen and we win 9 games, I would still say we screwed ourselves for the future because we could have easily made ourselves far better than we did. If Jay takes Chicago to the SB and we win 10 games, I will be extremely angry about what we did to our future.

Comment

and our offense rated second in yards, but only 16th in points last season
                  Nope....

Evan with all of the easy FG's missed, we were 11th in OFFENSIVE scoring. We were 9th with 2 more FG's made. That is with the worst starting field position in the league as well, which can account for 2nd in yards while lacking in scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                    Nope....

Evan with all of the easy FG's missed, we were 11th in OFFENSIVE scoring. We were 9th with 2 more FG's made. That is with the worst starting field position in the league as well, which can account for 2nd in yards while lacking in scoring.
                    Okay... Second in yards, 11th in scoring then.

Comment

• Personally, I think evaluating an offseason is retarded. So what if we go 9-7 or better? Wouldn't that make the offseason the best we've had in the last 3 years at least?
                      XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
                        Personally, I think evaluating an offseason is retarded. So what if we go 9-7 or better? Wouldn't that make the offseason the best we've had in the last 3 years at least?
                        What are you doing here in the offseason if you think evaluating the offseason is retarded? That is all everyone is doing, even if they are saying good things.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
                          What are you doing here in the offseason if you think evaluating the offseason is retarded? That is all everyone is doing, even if they are saying good things.
                          Because evaluating the offseason goes hand in hand with the regular season, does it not? Do we play games in the summer? No, sir we do not. The offseason is used for the preparation for the fall. Saying that this was a bad offseason would seem odd to you if a few months from now the Broncos go 10-6 or something like that...do you not agree?

So why can't we just talk Bronco football? That's what I'm doing. So far I'm enjoying the offseason. I'm not evaluating it at all, because I dont know if it will be a success or failure until the games are played. Make sense?
                          XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
                            I said horrible offseason, but just to satisfy what you are saying, I would accept anything better than last year. If you give away our first and our QB, you better know what you are doing and it better mean the team is getting better. So I would settle for improvement. 9 wins would be at least acceptable.

That isn't saying much though. It depends on more than what we do. Some will depend on our draft position. I can't really say it was a bad trade if we pick in the 20's or Smith turns into a pro bowler. If neither of those happen and we win 9 games, I would still say we screwed ourselves for the future because we could have easily made ourselves far better than we did. If Jay takes Chicago to the SB and we win 10 games, I will be extremely angry about what we did to our future.
                            My bad. You're right...
                            Now, you mention future?
                            What future?
                            Our future is right now. We're an extremely young team, both defense and offense
                            Look at any part of our team and tell me where we're getting old, that we haven't addressed?

Trust me. Cutler will not be taking Chicago to no SB
                            If somebody analyzes what Chicago gave up for Cutler, what their draft looks like next year, in the SAME WAY you guys have been scrutinizing our own team, you will find that the future of Chicago does not look real promising at all. Yet, you guys opted for ignore everything else in Chicago and proclaim them a SB caliber team because of Cutler addition

Come on, you guys need to be fair here and look at things with the same objectivity that you look everything else, and not just with a selective approach on how you guys look at things that you don't want anything being exposed that may lose you an argument...
                            sigpic
                            I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                              My bad. You're right...
                              Now, you mention future?
                              What future?
                              Our future is right now. We're an extremely young team, both defense and offense
                              Look at any part of our team and tell me where we're getting old, that we haven't addressed?

Trust me. Cutler will not be taking Chicago to no SB
                              If somebody analyzes what Chicago gave up for Cutler, what their draft looks like next year, in the SAME WAY you guys have been scrutinizing our own team, you will find that the future of Chicago does not look real promising at all. Yet, you guys opted for ignore everything else in Chicago and proclaim them a SB caliber team because of Cutler addition

Come on, you guys need to be fair here and look at things with the same objectivity that you look everything else, and not just with a selective approach on how you guys look at things that you don't want anything being exposed that may lose you an argument...
                              Our future is much worse without Cutler than it would have been with him. If he happens to take Chicago to the SB, that would prove it. I don't see how anyone would be able to deny it at that point.

I am also not trying to evaluate Chicago. I honestly haven't really payed much attention to that team over the years. I couldn't even begin to guess their starting lineup. I was just saying, if they all of the sudden are SB contenders next year, that will prove to everyone how valuable a player like Jay can be on a team that gives him a defense and special teams.

Comment

• no sir, no sarcasm on my part.

I completely support every move McDaniels has made and thoroughly believe he is making us a much better team :go:

Comment

Working...
                                X