Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Brandstater moves and throws like Jay Cutler!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didn't read the whole thread

So I hope I am not repeating anyone.

Naaah he throws to the open receiver most of the time.
    People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

I was skeptical about even opening this thread, but i have to admit, he did look a little cutler-esce. Honestly i just cant get exited about Orton so i hope this guys development comes along well and quickly.

Comment

I think a lot of hate on Orton is because to be honest... he doesn't look like a legit NFL quarterback. Does anyone agree with me?

You look at guys like Brady, Rivers, Ryan, Big Ben... Cutler..... those dudes look like quarterbacks. Then there is Orton, with his goofy Planet of the Apes helmet and "flappy" sleeves. Not to mention he looks like an average Joe in street clothes.

He just doesn't look cool.

Just my hypothesis.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
          I think a lot of hate on Orton is because to be honest... he doesn't look like a legit NFL quarterback. Does anyone agree with me?

You look at guys like Brady, Rivers, Ryan, Big Ben... Cutler..... those dudes look like quarterbacks. Then there is Orton, with his goofy Planet of the Apes helmet and "flappy" sleeves. Not to mention he looks like an average Joe in street clothes.

Just my hypothesis.
          That has been my own opinion as well
          I saw him play a few times and I wasn't all that thrilled then, and I'm not that thrilled now
          The only thing I keep in perspective is that he was at good college QB. I know that doesn't mean squat once you're in the NFL, but you also have to consider the fact he played for the Bears, a team that is all about defense, and they can care less about the offense
          Now, Orton has some super weapons to throw the ball to. That should help him a whole bunch, so you would have to throw everything you've seen about him out the window, and hope that some good mentoring from McDaniels, a proven offensive system, and a stellar offensive cast, that he will be able to perform above and beyond than what he was able to in Chicago...
          sigpic
          I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post

Just my hypothesis.
            I love this explanation. He sure does look like the average young guy behind the counter at your local Wal*Mart scanning your food items.
            sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

I thought this was going to be some stupid cutler comparison thread, but I must say I have to agree, the way he moves is exactly like cutler. I went to fresno state the last 4 yrs and didn't even notice.

Comment

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                What most people fail to give this guy credit is for the different offensive coordinators he had to play for four years in college
                Imagine every single season of you college career start with the learning of a new offense
                I think his numbers would've been astronomical had he played in one system for four years
                That said, he's a very smart guy. He'll pick up our system up in no time
                He's got some great physical abilities that you look for. For a tall guy, he does move great in the pocket and he's not afraid to run for extra yardage...
                Cutler couldn't even handle one coaching change!

Comment

Working...
                X