Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loyalty in the NFL

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...lty-in-the-NFL

What is your opinion on the subject...feel free to bring up whatever you want..

Examples: Bronco 2008 Pro bowlers...

Do you believe there is loyalty in the NFL and do you think players should decide whether or not to play for a team if the front office doesn't show them the same loyalty in return?

Originally posted by IDI I3R0NC0 IBI View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...lty-in-the-NFL

What is your opinion on the subject...feel free to bring up whatever you want..

Examples: Bronco 2008 Pro bowlers...

Do you believe there is loyalty in the NFL and do you think players should decide whether or not to play for a team if the front office doesn't show them the same loyalty in return?
    What is your opinion about fans being loyal to teams? Do you know anything about that?
    sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

I think people are greedy
      I am a Moss lover

Comment

Everyone should just take a lesson from Rod Smith in loyalty and situations like this wouldn't even happen. I really hope Rod can somehow get in the hall of fame someday.:go:
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by IHSD View Post
          What is your opinion about fans being loyal to teams? Do you know anything about that?
          Focus on the thread at hand...don't allow other posters to see you have no attention span.

Comment

It's a business. Teams do what's best for the team first and foremost
            That doesn't mean they're going to get rid of productive players, unless they're not in the best interest of the team, but if a player has been productive and the player is part of their plans to build a championship team, they will do whatever it takes to retain that player, i.e; franchise tag them...
            Of course there are other exceptions like not being able to keep a player because of salary cap issues and whatnot...
            sigpic
            I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Loyalty?

Hell... Players should be loyal and HONOR contracts.

If you sign a 4 year deal worth 8 million or something like that, you should HONOR it whether you think you deserve more or not.

You might deserve more money if your production is greater than your contract says...But the day you left your 'john hancock' on the contract, that STATED that you would HONOR it.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                Loyalty?

If you sign a 4 year deal worth 8 million or something like that, you should HONOR it whether you think you deserve more or not.

You might deserve more money if your production is greater than your contract says...But the day you left your 'john hancock' on the contract, that STATED that you would HONOR it.
                If only it was that simple lol

Comment

The business part of it is what ruins football. "Fun" and "teamwork" are two words that aren't in more than a few players' dictionary.

Comment

If only it was that simple lol
                    It SHOULD be that simple, but within this society... it will never happen. Athletes are more money minded these days. The age of Bart Starr and company is totally different.

Originally posted by aberdien View Post
                    The business part of it is what ruins football. "Fun" and "teamwork" are two words that aren't in more than a few players' dictionary.
                    QFT.

Comment

Focus on the thread at hand...don't allow other posters to see you have no attention span.
                      Sorry, I just have no respect for you.
                      sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Originally posted by IHSD View Post
                        Sorry, I just have no respect for you.
                        Well its a good thing I don't give a **** if you do or don't

Comment

Loyalty?

Teams dont always honor contracts...why should players always have to??
                          sigpic

Comment

loyalty goes both ways:

3 weeks ago, marsh was loyal to the broncos. now, he wants out.

3 weeks ago, fans hail marsh as orton's best receiver evah! marsh will somehow awesomely catch orton's underthrown passes. now, fans cry marsh sucked all these time anyway, so let him go.

loyalty goes for nothing here. whatever happened behind the scenes, whether it was about money, mcdaniels, or whatever it is, marsh still took time to thank bowlen and the fans for his time here in denver. did the fans do such thing?!

and you want to talk about loyalty?!

Comment

Loyalty?

So would you agree then teams shouldn't cut or trade players ever then since they too entered into the contract?

Comment

Working...
                              X