Who has been our best QB since Elway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Dragon View Post

Also, people seem to forget that the defense CAVED in that game. I mean c'mon, I can't count how many times I was screaming at the TV because the Steelers were converting on 3rd & 8+
    yup.....and what happened to plummer. he lost. That is the same type of def performance that cutler has had every start of his career.

We had the 3rd worst defense last year. The 1st and 2nd worse had the 1st and 2nd worst record.

The fact that cutler could go 17-20 with that defense is amazing.

Every qb legend in the history of the game has a losing record when they are playing with a defense ranked 20th or lower. Cutler got to play with one ranked 30th.
    sigpic

Comment

Plummer was certainly better than Griese, but he was too limited in what he could do. Without an effective PA game, his passing ability becomes merely average. On the run, he was among the best. Scrambling ability second to none. He had lots of potential, but I don't think he really realized it because he refused to be "consumed" by football the way the greats are.

Cutler is like Plummer except more accurate from the pocket, and less scrambling ability. Neither make great decisions in the game, both need to be coached a lot. Neither were particularly great field generals, but both could make the throws when it counted.

Of the two, Cutler obviously had more potential. But he was just as mistake-prone. So I would give the nod to Cutler even though I think in retrospect Jake would have won more games over the last 2 1/2 seasons if they hadn't drafted Cutler.
      "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by White Dragon View Post
        I just want to say this, since I've been a Plummer fan since he first got here and through the Cutler debate and everything...

If Plummer has the OL that Cutler had last season, they win that AFCCG against the Steelers.

Also, people seem to forget that the defense CAVED in that game. I mean c'mon, I can't count how many times I was screaming at the TV because the Steelers were converting on 3rd & 8+
        Exactly. Plummer ended up being the scapegoat when it was the defense that lost that game.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
          I am not a Broncos fan.

But of all the QB's you have had since Elway. I liked Griese the most.

I have one question.

Why?!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post

I have one question.

Why?!
            actually i liked greese as well (met him once one of the nicest guys ive met) However, people in this town have always been QB driven or Defense driven, Cutler was clearly what this town ordered for any of you with an actual sense of Bronco history. For the rest.........my gawd i dont know where to begin with you newbies, but what i can tell you is that Orton will not suffice and a slightly re-tooled defense isn't gonna cut it either. This is supposed to be BRONCO football which means DENVER football and McD better get busy bringing one of those items or the other because this fly by night trend he is attempting to install here will only fly with the newbie fans, and even then only as long as it brings wins. I personally would rather us lose the Bronco way then win the Patriot way.

Comment

Originally posted by stevelkinevil View Post
              actually i liked greese as well (met him once one of the nicest guys ive met) However, people in this town have always been QB driven or Defense driven, Cutler was clearly what this town ordered for any of you with an actual sense of Bronco history. For the rest.........my gawd i dont know where to begin with you newbies, but what i can tell you is that Orton will not suffice and a slightly re-tooled defense isn't gonna cut it either. This is supposed to be BRONCO football which means DENVER football and McD better get busy bringing one of those items or the other because this fly by night trend he is attempting to install here will only fly with the newbie fans, and even then only as long as it brings wins. I personally would rather us lose the Bronco way then win the Patriot way.
              I'm sure Griese is a nice guy, but as a QB he just wasn't ready. He's gotten better after leaving Denver, but when he was here he just didn't have it. Like you pointed out, this is a QB and Defense driven town. We don't want a QB that can simply "manage" the game; we want a QB that can dominate the game. Orton will not be that guy.
              sigpic

Comment

Elway believes it was Cutler. He never called losing Plummer "Tragic".

Of course he is only a HOF'er who has played a game or two at the position, what would he know?
                sigpic

Comment

I voted Plummer. Cutler certainly has been the most talented we've had since Elway, but I'll never forget 2005 and going to the AFCCG :salute!:
                  sigpic

Comment

It has got to be Cutler. He took a 3-13 team and made them 8-8.
                    Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pura Vida View Post
                      right now 54% of you say Plummer.

Right now, 54% of you are either clueless or just very angry at Cutler.

On his best day, Plummer could not get traded for a 2nd round pick. Let alone 2 first rounders, a messiah named orton and a third.

54% of you need to wake up.
                      My mom who is a psykologist, has allways said;

If you think everyone around you is cracy, you might take a look at yourself!

Lets take it in the simple way
                      • the team under his leadership had the highest win percentage in Bronco history

What I did not realise is that Plummer was the QB in NFL history with the largest amount of come from behind victories (Elway does not even feature on that list - and neither does Cuddles), as well as being the 4th best QB in NFL history to hold onto a lead. WOW!!!!

they made the playoffs every year

they played at a time where AFC West was considered the most competitive division in NFL

they made the AFC Championship, after beating out the team favoured to take the SB

it was the only team that had positive win ratio against the patriots

they posted regular 4-5 game winning streaks vs. 2 game winning straks with Cuddles

the team started loosing the instant Cuddles came in

The only reason that many cannot comprehend how good he actually was for the team, is the blame laid on him for two games against the Colts, and one against the Steelers. All three games where the defence could not hold, and the rungame could not produce, and especially the Steelers game where Joey Porter blew through our O-line on 2/3 of the plays.

The venemous attacks on Plummer amazes me. He was a great force on the team.

The "Snake" was great to watch, albeit, that when he blew up it was mostly in the nationally televised games.
                      Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 06-19-2009, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Yes I did register just to post this because it was just too irritating, and I'm sorry I really do not mean to be a troll but the first 3 and 1/2 pages of this thread where so unbelievably biased, I didn't think "orange-colored glasses" existed at this level.
                        hardcorebronco's was posting extremely rational and logical posts and almost everyone was arguing against him? As I kept reading thread after thread, it just became more biased and biased until about the 4 and 5 page. Honestly, there is no doubt my mind that that most of you guys would have said that Cutler had been the best QB if he had not left the Broncos, don't be so bitter! I hated Cutler, but I knew for a fact that he was way better than Plummer. Honestly, not to make fun of the guy, but handball? The only people I've seen play handball were the girls at my elementary school.
                        Come on guys, this message board is usually pretty unbiased, you guys are better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

1. What I did not realise is that Plummer was the QB in NFL history with the largest amount of come from behind victories (Elway does not even feature on that list - and neither does Cuddles), as well as being the 4th best QB in NFL history to hold onto a lead. WOW!!!!

2.The only reason that many cannot comprehend how good he actually was for the team, is the blame laid on him for two games against the Colts, and one against the Steelers. All three games where the defence could not hold, and the rungame could not produce, and especially the Steelers game where Joey Porter blew through our O-line on 2/3 of the plays.
                          1. proves you dont know what you are talikng about. Elway has more 4th qb comebacks than anyone - case closed. (he had 47 of them) as the teenagers on this site like to say......... fail

2. How come you use this excuse for plummer's losses but cant realize that cutler did not have the benefit of a running game or defense during his entire tenure?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by middleman760 View Post
                            Yes I did register just to post this because it was just too irritating, and I'm sorry I really do not mean to be a troll but the first 3 and 1/2 pages of this thread where so unbelievably biased, I didn't think "orange-colored glasses" existed at this level.
                            hardcorebronco's was posting extremely rational and logical posts and almost everyone was arguing against him? As I kept reading thread after thread, it just became more biased and biased until about the 4 and 5 page. Honestly, there is no doubt my mind that that most of you guys would have said that Cutler had been the best QB if he had not left the Broncos, don't be so bitter! I hated Cutler, but I knew for a fact that he was way better than Plummer. Honestly, not to make fun of the guy, but handball? The only people I've seen play handball were the girls at my elementary school.
                            Come on guys, this message board is usually pretty unbiased, you guys are better than that.
                            Im glad you registered. This site sorely needs more bronco fans with some common sense.
                            sigpic

Comment

This poll is not about who was the better QB as if competing amongst each other, is about who QB performed the best for the Denver Broncos after Elway retired
                              How can you say Cutler did a better job than Plummer?
                              I hate Plummer with passion, but he was clear the best we've had since Elway retired. He accomplished a lot more than Cutler did in any 3-year stretch...
                              sigpic
                              I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                                This poll is not about who was the better QB as if competing amongst each other, is about who QB performed the best for the Denver Broncos after Elway retired
                                How can you say Cutler did a better job than Plummer?
                                I hate Plummer with passion, but he was clear the best we've had since Elway retired. He accomplished a lot more than Cutler did in any 3-year stretch...
                                It depends how you define the question. Plummer was the most successful QB for Denver but Cutler in my opinion was the better QB (Statistically).

It's hard to put these two in a vacuum and determine if Cutler would have performed better with the 2005 Broncos or if Plummer would still have been successful with the 2008 version. It's open to interpretation and I don't begrudge anyone who picks either Cutler or Plummer.

If you picked Orton however, you need to get your head examined.
                                http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
                                MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.

Comment

Working...
                                X