Would you be happy in McD for a 8-8 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you be happy in McD for a 8-8 season

Would the Broncos communtiy be happy with McD having a 8-8 season.
    Its the same record as last season
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    32.14%
    Iffy
    17.86%

Yes, with the schedule we have I would be very happy.
    sigpic

Comment

Its a team, not just one person.
      And when in the world would anyone be happy to go 8-8? That just doesnt make sense to me.
      sigpic

Comment

iffy,i wasn't happy with last season,but a new coach revamping the team and all it might not be horrible if they go 8-8,since there are those that seem to think we will be 0-16.i want better of course but what choice do i have?it will be what it will be.
        I really like Cheese.

Comment

As a fan, I have higher expectations than hoping for an 8-8 season, but again, that's just me...
          sigpic
          I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
            Its a team, not just one person.
            And when in the world would anyone be happy to go 8-8? That just doesnt make sense to me.
            Right now, with all the changes and new defense scheme, I would be happy with 8-8.

Any other season, no I would not be happy with it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broooks77 View Post
              Right now, with all the changes and new defense scheme, I would be happy with 8-8.

Any other season, no I would not be happy with it.
              Well although Ive been very displeased with this off season, I still expect a winning record and the playoffs.
              sigpic

Comment

Personally if this team were to go 8-8 I would be totally shocked. That said if he doesn't win at least one more game then last year he needs to go. IMO.
                Last edited by broncojuan; 06-20-2009, 12:45 AM.
                Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

That is an easy question. The answer is a simple NO.

8-8 was all we were able to muster last year. We fired our coach and staff, went through drastic personnel changes on the team, and changes our scheme all in the name of improving from last year.

If we went 8-8 it just means we did nothing to improve over this off season and I refuse to believe after all of this that is all we can aspire to be is an 8-8 team. I find that unacceptable. I support McDaniels now. I'm willing to give him a chance to turn the Broncos into a winning team. I am also aware that it might take time to do that. I do however expect improvement from the team, and if we can only muster an 8-8 record again having no hopes of being better than that, I will be standing right next to each of the detractors calling for McDaniels head.
                  Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

With our schedule and everything we've gone through, 8-8 would keep me content over the offseason.

Comment

Nope ... absolutely not. McDaniels was hired to make the Broncos better. 8-8 is no better than last year. Anything less than 9-7 and he isn't fulfilling what he was hired to do.

Comment

I would be happy with 8-8 this year because I am predicting us going 4-12. . .
                        sigpic
                        MILE HIGH TIL I DIE!!!

Comment

8-8 is never the goal but I would be happy for him, not for the Broncos, because at least he would shock the media and haters. And he needs to stay at least until his first contract expires. He needs time to make things work. It takes time to insert a new system and use its full potential. 1 season below .500 and he is out? That's nonsense.
                          sigpic

Comment

The coach's job is to improve the team. Shannahan got fired for only adding one win from the previous season.

I will not be calling for the coach's job after an 8-8 season... although too much worse, perhaps.
                            Thanks, Reid!
                            sigpic
                            Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I would be suprised if we go 8-8, but happy because I think we are going to do much worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X