Why we'll be better if Marshall goes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why we'll be better if Marshall goes.

Trust your coach guys. Josh will only trade Marshall if he can get good value for him. Most of us know what the league won't admit and that is that our overall talent meter rose several notches with the departure of Cutler. We took advantage of the draft this year real well. Josh is here for a reason so stop second guessing Bowlen for letting Shanny go. Stop second guessing Cutlers departure as well. Our team is better than before and I see no reason why we cannot pick up where we left off from last year and move forward with momentum. We have good WR talent even without Marshall. I would take a top tier DE or DT for trade in Marshalls case. I'm not the coach however, but Josh will do only what he knows will make the team better. So give Josh a hand for making some good decisions so far and know that if Marshall goes that we'll be better talent wise and also the caveot here is that we'll be better emotionally at this position without Brandon (did I screw up again) Marshall.:clap:

Also, Gaffney is here for a reason.

Josh, is real smart. He has brought in Jabbar for a reason. Not just because he is familiar with him and likes him and wants some support for Marshall and Royal. Did many of you Bronco fans watch Gaffney at NE? This kid can play ball and I think can blossom into a great player. Josh may have some future intentions for him and Josh may pull a play book from Shannys next year and trade Brandon while keeping Jabbar and Eddie Royal. I would do it if I could get some talent for Brandon. You know that next year if he plays decent this year that he'll be wanting some big bucks. Always keep an eye out for talent within the organization and culture it when you find it.
    The key word in this post is the word "IF" and I say that because if he stays we'll be good. If Josh makes a move that removes Brandon it will be a move to upgrade the team period.

Comment

I agree, we have a good quality set of receivers without Brandon Marshall and more needs on the defensive side of the ball.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Bronco Brit View Post
        I agree, we have a good quality set of receivers without Brandon Marshall and more needs on the defensive side of the ball.
        Our WR corps becomes much more of an unknown quantity without Marshall and considering that pretty much the whole team bar the CBs, TEs and OL are question marks at this point in time, another one is just going to be a massive headache.

Royal is a fantastic player and in my mind will be an utterly fantastic servant to the club over his career (and I'm sure Rod would be very proud if he breaks some of his records). However, at this point in his career, it would be highly beneficial for Royal to have someone like Marshall opposite him and whilst I believe he could handle the effective number 1 role, it would be more favourable for him to have someone to take a little bit of the pressure off. Gaffney is serviceable, but remember that he did play with Welker and Moss on the field and so will have received a little less attention from the D in NE. Stokley is Stokley, no problems there. After that there are a bunch of complete unknowns (Jackson, McKinley, Swift, Lloyd) who are on the bubble.

Obviously we do have fantastic targets elsewhere (Graham, Scheff, Hillis, Moreno) but you can't undersell the importance of having a highly dangerous number 1 receiver - ultimately they help everyone else get open and can still make the play in tight coverage when needed. Not to say that our WR corps will be as thin as it was in 2001 but off the bat they'd be a questionable unit and all it'd take would be one injury to leave us sailing up le crique de merde (sans palette). Is Brandon replaceable? Absolutely, there are very few truly irreplaceable receivers. Do we have a viable replacement? I for one can say I'd feel uneasy without him at this point.
        sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

You dont get better by getting rid of 25 year old pro bowlers. You just dont. You need talent to win in the nfl.

Give Brandon a contract low on signing bonuses and high on roster bonuses that only pay of he stays out of trouble.

This isnt rocket science.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pura Vida View Post
            You dont get better by getting rid of 25 year old pro bowlers. You just dont. You need talent to win in the nfl.

Give Brandon a contract low on signing bonuses and high on roster bonuses that only pay of he stays out of trouble.

This isnt rocket science.
            I agree with your first statement 100% but i wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos have already tried something like the contract you mentioned and the Marshall camp turned it down. Broncos or going to have to decide whether they want to pay him and give him a new contract this offseason (not necessarily immediatley like the media is pushing), Try and make him play the contract out and resign him in the off season, or trade him. The first 2 are gambles no way to sugar coat it and I honestly do not believe our brillant minds in the forum have thought of something unique.

Comment

Originally posted by Odomsfan View Post
              Trust your coach guys. Josh will only trade Marshall if he can get good value for him. Most of us know what the league won't admit and that is that our overall talent meter rose several notches with the departure of Cutler. We took advantage of the draft this year real well. Josh is here for a reason so stop second guessing Bowlen for letting Shanny go. Stop second guessing Cutlers departure as well. Our team is better than before and I see no reason why we cannot pick up where we left off from last year and move forward with momentum. We have good WR talent even without Marshall. I would take a top tier DE or DT for trade in Marshalls case. I'm not the coach however, but Josh will do only what he knows will make the team better. So give Josh a hand for making some good decisions so far and know that if Marshall goes that we'll be better talent wise and also the caveot here is that we'll be better emotionally at this position without Brandon (did I screw up again) Marshall.:clap:
              You mean assume. We know what we had and lost with JC and with Marshall it's the same way. Some may think the talent level rose, but how can you make that statement with so many unknown and untested players? We all hope that we got a decent return for JC. We got guys that look good in workouts. revisit that thought in week 9 when half the season is over. Whether you sip on the "McDaniels Kool-Aid" or not, you cannot deny the fact that we lost a 25-year old PRO BOWL QB and may possibly lose a 100 reception, 1000yard/year PRO BOWL RECV. Now that's a lot of talent to lose.
              Now as far as McDaniels goes, there is nothing wrong with questioning his decisions. He has zero experience as a HC and those of us that really care about where this team is going just want to feel secure that McDaniels is not just some hack using our beloved Broncos as his personal expirement. Now I agree that firing Shanny had to be done. But that does not mean that I, as a fan, have to agree with what's going on.
              #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by premier-ace55 View Post
                I agree with your first statement 100% but i wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos have already tried something like the contract you mentioned and the Marshall camp turned it down.
                I would be real surprised as Bowlen has said that he wouldnt offer Brandon a new deal until after the season. As reported by all three denver channels.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm not going to even bother reading because without Brandon Marshall we are in no way a better football team.

Comment

Brandon needs to realize that his off field issues is costing him millions other than his bronco's salary. Companies that offer athletes endorsements don't want a gangster trouble maker as their "man" because of the risk of he won't grow up. Think about how many commercials trouble makers such as Randy Moss, Brandon Marshall, Pacman Jones...etc are in. now think of the trash talkers that are in commercials: Owens, OchoCinco, joey Porter...Companies don't like bad publicity or contract talks. Case and point kobe being dropped by half his endorsement deals after the rape charge. the same with legal issues of michael vick and A-Rod.Now look at how many good/politically correct athletes are in commercials; Manning's, Tiger, Jeter, Dwight howard, Wade. By Brandon always in trouble, even if it's little stuff, and him always "talking sh**", he is missing out on a lot more than just his contract with the broncos. Shut up and play. If he does stay quit and out of troube, he can improve his image and get paid like Kobe, ray lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                      You mean assume. We know what we had and lost with JC and with Marshall it's the same way. Some may think the talent level rose, but how can you make that statement with so many unknown and untested players? We all hope that we got a decent return for JC. We got guys that look good in workouts. revisit that thought in week 9 when half the season is over. Whether you sip on the "McDaniels Kool-Aid" or not, you cannot deny the fact that we lost a 25-year old PRO BOWL QB and may possibly lose a 100 reception, 1000yard/year PRO BOWL RECV. Now that's a lot of talent to lose.
                      Now as far as McDaniels goes, there is nothing wrong with questioning his decisions. He has zero experience as a HC and those of us that really care about where this team is going just want to feel secure that McDaniels is not just some hack using our beloved Broncos as his personal expirement. Now I agree that firing Shanny had to be done. But that does not mean that I, as a fan, have to agree with what's going on.
                      putting way to much emphasis on pro bowls, i really dont think cutler deserved to make the pro bowl he only had that many yards because the amount he threw plus clady gave up .5 of a sack his rookie season, and what no pro bowl??

Comment

there is no kind of argument that anybody can make and say that this team will be better without Marshall in the mix. He has superb athletic ability, imo, is the best in the bizz when it comes to yards after catch. If I were Bowlen, I would just pay him what he is asking for, a guy like Marshall doesn't come along very often :go:

Comment

Originally posted by Odomsfan View Post
                          cuz they are idiots thinking we will be ok without marshall.... same thing with cutler "pshhh we dont need him we got orton we will be okay"

Comment

[QUOTE=Broncofan1990;2789522]cuz they are geniuses thinking we will be ok without marshall.... same thing with cutler "pshhh we dont need him we got orton we will be okay"[/QUOTE]

Traded away our petulant QB, Picked up great FA's, Answered all questions on defense and got an exceptional secondary, Our D- LINE looks ungodly freaking good, Had a wonderful draft, Drafted a RB which we need this year! Besides we have Hillis and others too, Got a guy named Ayers, Got a TE, Got a QB, Traded our 1st round pick in next years draft - What a great deal, Past on two marginal defenders and now we might trade Marshall. So am I on the side of McDaniel’s and the FO

WOW - You finally got it - Right On :go:
                            Last edited by Gideon333; 06-20-2009, 08:29 AM.

Comment

All the contract talk with Brandom is pointless at this point. Why? The answer has to do with a court date in August. Whether he plays or not depends on that outcome. What contract, if any, you give him depends on that outcome.

In the worse case scenario the NFL might say that's all Brandon. Pay attention to the recent Florida case. The NFL head is up in arms at the present time making an example of people because of the bad press caused by others. I think Marshall's career is in real jepordy.

I would say the problem for Denver's owner and coaches is whether it is worth the wait. If you wait you are gambling that he will come through this last problem without a hitch. If you gamble you may loose everything and not be able to get anything for Brandon.

This is turning rapidly into a business decision as opposed to a football decision. Can Denver get any return on its investment may well becom the real question. This has absolutely nothing to do with whether we like Brandon or do not like Brandon.

Comment

Working...
                              X