NFL Network Poll on New Head Coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Network Poll on New Head Coaches

Which coach will have the most success with his new team?

25% Jim Caldwell (Colts)
    18% Mike Singletary (49ers)
    15% Rex Ryan (Jets)
    8% Jim Mora (Seahawks)
    6% Josh McDaniels (Broncos)
    6% Tom Cable (Raiders)

5% Todd Haley (Chiefs)
    5% Steve Spagnuolo (Rams)
    4% Eric Mangini (Browns)
    4% Raheem Morris (Buccaneers)
    4% Jim Schwartz (Lions)

Total Votes: 76985

CanDB's comments:

This is just a poll, but it is worldwide (and is still in progress). The %'s are rounded, so the "ties" may not be in proper order.

Overall it is a bit surprising that Josh, with all the so called negative publicity, is not doing too badly. Sure, the more experienced guys are coming out in front, but Josh is at least holding his own with the newer crowd, and that tells me that a lot of voters think he is worthy of some positive attention.....unless of course only die hard Denver fans are voting!!!

I know this poll is not too significant at the end of the day, but I'm sure many would have expected him at the very bottom.

It would be interesting to see where the votes are coming from...if it matches the population densities, then it tells me Josh is not being perceived as anything less than a young leader on a mission, and in fact, is where I would expect him to be, prior to all the "publicity".

Maybe he has shown some qualities that folks admire in a new, young HC...

.....qualities I admire.

Yeah that is defiantly surprising to say the least. I think McDaniels is going to surprise some people this year, mainly the 'professional' analysts that have dogged him all off season.

Comment

Looks about right.

Comment

Jim Caldwell got those votes because the team he is going to was much stronger last season than most of the others.

He's got his share of problems too, however.

Singletary already established himself. He's only "new" by technicality.

Ryan's team was in the hunt the entire year last year.

Seattle plays in one of the weakest divisions in football.

Those are all logical reasons why those four have a ton of votes, and honestly I voted for Caldwell as well because he's still got a pretty good team around him.

Comment

What was the name of the other head coach candidate the Broncos interviewed, Leslie Frazier?
          Did he get hired as a HC?
          I'm guessing no, just thought he did for some reason...
          sigpic
          I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
            Jim Caldwell got those votes because the team he is going to was much stronger last season than most of the others.

Singletary already established himself. He's only "new" by technicality.

Ryan's team was in the hunt the entire year last year.

Those are all logical reasons why those four have a ton of votes, and honestly I voted for Caldwell as well because he's still got a pretty good team around him.

And Tom Cable is in charge of... well, the Raiders.
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I didn't vote but if I had, I would have voted for Rex Ryan to have the most success the soonest. The Jets have a solid defense that will only get better having him there and it's already similar to what he did in baltimore so it won't be changed much. The offense has a new young QB and a good running game. I think the Jets are finally going to come out of the shadows and be a power in the league again. It's been a long time since the days of Ken O'Brien under Center and the Sack Exchange on defense.
              sigpic

Comment

They have Todd Haley doing worse than McDaniels and Cable? Of all the teams, he's the one who has made the most difference to his team. He has made them better while McDaniels has made his team worse and Cable has done nothing.

Chiefs key loss = A 33 yr old TE
                Broncos key loss = A young franchise QB and maybe a young all pro WR

Broncos havent addressed their defensive issues while the Chiefs have. And God knows their offense isnt the same as it was last yr.

Comment

Usually I'm with you CanDB,

But having the same ranking as a raiders coach, well even I can't see the "half full" in that glass!

I'll be happy to see McD's prove all the naysayers wrong though!

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefs > You View Post
                    They have Todd Haley doing worse than McDaniels and Cable? Of all the teams, he's the one who has made the most difference to his team. He has made them better while McDaniels has made his team worse and Cable has done nothing.
                    You're basing this off of what? Since it's not on "actual games played". No one will know the extent of what the changes will actually mean until real games are played.

Comment

Chiefs key loss = A 33 yr old TE
                      Broncos key loss = A young franchise QB and maybe a young all pro WR

Broncos havent addressed their defensive issues while the Chiefs have. And God knows their offense isnt the same as it was last yr.
                      I guess we'll find out, won't we?
                      Last edited by dragster69; 06-22-2009, 11:05 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                        You're basing this off of what? Since it's not on "actual games played". No one will know the extent of what the changes will actually mean until real games are played.
                        Basing it off of most successful off seasons. The off season can dictate how the season will go. And this off season doesn't look like it will produce a good team. You don't give up top 5 talents and end up the same. You don't produce a good team by not improving a bottom 5 defense in the off season.

Comment

Basing it off of most successful off seasons. The off season can dictate how the season will go. And this off season doesn't look like it will produce a good team. You don't give up top 5 talents and end up the same. You don't produce a good team by not improving a bottom 5 defense in the off season.
                          Brian Dawkins was not an improvement?
                          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

We did let go a lot of defensice players, we brought in new players to replace them, but I guess the most significant change was at the coaching level. We have new LB's coach, new DB's coach, and we have a new defensive coordinator that's bringing a new system
                            We've had new DC's before, and without much change in talent, they were able to produce results; Larry Coyer, Robinson, to name two off the top of my head that did a good job for us without wholesale changes in personnel...

As far as giving up top 5 talents?
                            Not sure if you mean us, the Broncos. Top 5 talents?
                            Did I miss something?
                            sigpic

Comment

You do realize that 7-8 STARTERS on defense this coming year will be different? We won't know if it's an improvement or not untill the games are actually played.

How exactly has KC improved in their offseason where Denver hasn't?

Comment

Working...
                              X