Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
    Usually I'm with you CanDB,

But having the same ranking as a raiders coach, well even I can't see the "half full" in that glass!

I'll be happy to see McD's prove all the naysayers wrong though!
    You have every right to see it different, especially on this one. My point was that this poll is for the entire world (who have access), and all they've been hearing is how McD is messing things up (per the NFL N and other experts), and so there was a high probability that Josh would be near or at bottom. What this means to me is that many of them think he is at least making an effort to make this team better, and sticking to his gameplan.....

Again, not conclusive evidence by any means.

:salute!:

Comment

The really bad thing about that poll if it actually meant something, would be that McD is only supposed to have as much success as Cable with the RAIDERS!. THE RAIDERS!? We all know that Al Davis has made sure since 2003 that no head coach can have any chance of success.

The poll doesn't really matter except that it shows public perception.
      2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
        The poll doesn't really matter except that it shows public perception.
        It doesn't really reflect that though either. If you asked most people to bet their next paycheck on who would have a better record at the end of this season, Cable or McDaniels, you'd find very few who actually chose Cable.

Comment

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
          We did let go a lot of defensice players, we brought in new players to replace them, but I guess the most significant change was at the coaching level. We have new LB's coach, new DB's coach, and we have a new defensive coordinator that's bringing a new system
          We've had new DC's before, and without much change in talent, they were able to produce results; Larry Coyer, Robinson, to name two off the top of my head that did a good job for us without wholesale changes in personnel...

As far as giving up top 5 talents?
          Not sure if you mean us, the Broncos. Top 5 talents?
          Did I miss something?
          Drag i finally figured out how you see the NFL. It looks like you think systems are more important than talent. Am i right?
          My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here. Below is a segment of the transcript -

What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

“They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”

Some one Please name me the last successful NFL QB that had to be taught how to throw the ball correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
            It doesn't really reflect that though either. If you asked most people to bet their next paycheck on who would have a better record at the end of this season, Cable or McDaniels, you'd find very few who actually chose Cable.
            Did anyone see how the raiders ran the ball at the end of 2008. They are a smashmouth running team. Now i know there qb sux but they have garcia there as a fall back measure so dont think the raiders will be as bad as everyone thinks. Right now id say Cable has a chance to do better than JMD but only becasue i have an idea of what Cables teams will do. As for JMD we havent seen anything yet.
            My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here. Below is a segment of the transcript -

What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

“They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”

Some one Please name me the last successful NFL QB that had to be taught how to throw the ball correctly.

Comment

New NFL Head Coaches

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              Jim Caldwell (Colts)
              Mike Singletary (49ers)
              Rex Ryan (Jets)
              Jim Mora (Seahawks)
              Josh McDaniels (Broncos)
              Tom Cable (Raiders)
              Todd Haley (Chiefs)
              Steve Spagnuolo (Rams)
              Eric Mangini (Browns)
              Raheem Morris (Buccaneers)
              Jim Schwartz (Lions)
              That's a cool list. I love lists.

It would be interesting to see the new OCs and DCs hired by these new HCs.

Like, what about Jim Caldwell and Raheem Morris? Who are their DCs?
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Which coach will have the most success with his new team?

25% Jim Caldwell (Colts)
                18% Mike Singletary (49ers)
                15% Rex Ryan (Jets)
                8% Jim Mora (Seahawks)
                6% Josh McDaniels (Broncos)
                6% Tom Cable (Raiders)

5% Todd Haley (Chiefs)
                5% Steve Spagnuolo (Rams)
                4% Eric Mangini (Browns)
                4% Raheem Morris (Buccaneers)
                4% Jim Schwartz (Lions)

Total Votes: 76985

CanDB's comments:

This is just a poll, but it is worldwide (and is still in progress). The %'s are rounded, so the "ties" may not be in proper order.

Overall it is a bit surprising that Josh, with all the so called negative publicity, is not doing too badly. Sure, the more experienced guys are coming out in front, but Josh is at least holding his own with the newer crowd, and that tells me that a lot of voters think he is worthy of some positive attention.....unless of course only die hard Denver fans are voting!!!

I know this poll is not too significant at the end of the day, but I'm sure many would have expected him at the very bottom.

It would be interesting to see where the votes are coming from...if it matches the population densities, then it tells me Josh is not being perceived as anything less than a young leader on a mission, and in fact, is where I would expect him to be, prior to all the "publicity".

Maybe he has shown some qualities that folks admire in a new, young HC...

.....qualities I admire.
                Here is why you can't take these things too seriously: You think McD is doing well in this poll because he appears to be in the middle of the pack? I assume that is your thinking. Look at the numbers and you see he's only 2 pct. points above the bottom and 19 pct. points from the top. To me that means not many people have much faith in him. Plus, like you said, you need to see where the votes are coming from.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  I didn't vote but if I had, I would have voted for Rex Ryan to have the most success the soonest. The Jets have a solid defense that will only get better having him there and it's already similar to what he did in baltimore so it won't be changed much. The offense has a new young QB and a good running game. I think the Jets are finally going to come out of the shadows and be a power in the league again. It's been a long time since the days of Ken O'Brien under Center and the Sack Exchange on defense.
                  Then go to da Jets site then!!!I vote you OUT...
                  sigpic Tha100%RetuRN...

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefs > You View Post
                    Of all the teams, he's the one who has made the most difference to his team.
                    So says the Chiefs homer, so it MUST be.
                    sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

25% Jim Caldwell (Colts)
                      18% Mike Singletary (49ers)
                      15% Rex Ryan (Jets)
                      8% Jim Mora (Seahawks)
                      6% Josh McDaniels (Broncos)
                      6% Tom Cable (Raiders)

5% Todd Haley (Chiefs)
                      5% Steve Spagnuolo (Rams)
                      4% Eric Mangini (Browns)
                      4% Raheem Morris (Buccaneers)
                      4% Jim Schwartz (Lions)
                      Ok, TECHNICALLY Caldwell and Singletary are new head coaches, but Caldwell is basically taking one step up in a team he has been running already anyways. Kind of like the First Mate taking over for the Captain. Singletary ran his team most of last season, so I dont like him on this list either.

I think that Indy has a down year this year (not a BAD year, but not traditional level). Ryan I just dont buy as HC. I dont think he is going to make it as the main leader. He is alot of talk, but I think he is no more than a D coordinator at best. He just doesnt scream HC to me.
                      sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Working...
                      X